Re: Schenn close to signing an extension

Schenn is the type of player the Blues need to keep building around. They found an identity last year and Schenn fits that mold perfectly. If he and Petro get extensions, you would then have Tank, ROR, Schenn, Petro, Faulk for the next 4 years, and Perron/Parayko for the next 3. That is a hell of a core and keeps the Blues as Cup contenders for that time. As long as he doesn't overpay, Schenn needs to be back IMO.
KA-KAW!

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:40 am I'm betting that's front loaded. This is what happens when you win a cup! Just hope we dont look like the Kings in a few years.

How much does this leave for Petro? I was almost certain he was going to be the guy to get a deal done.
As long as we continue to draft well and develop sleepers like Blais and Reinke, we could be fine. It helps when you hit on a top 3 talent like Tarasenko later in the 1st rd. Or like Boston getting Pasta with the 24th pick. Wouldn't hurt if we could do something like that.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:04 am The lower salary after year 6 will help make his contract moveable, especially if there is some team wanting to hit the cap floor in need of veteran leadership. Although I haven't seen/heard if there is a NMC/NTC in the deal.

Probably modified clause but I would think with Army giving him that 8th year , an NTC/NMC might not be on the table
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"