Re: News and Games around the NHL

Aesa wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:21 pm
JMC-STL wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Time for the Blues to grow a pair and buy one of their own, too ...
Agreed. It would give us full control of our prospect development.
Owning their own AHL team doesn't give an NHL team FULL control of their prospects pool, with players scattered across AHL & CHL & Europe. But it would give the Blues a basis for a player development strategy that isn't solely at the whim of another organization, or the annual trade or free agency markets.

JMC-STL wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:25 pm
Aesa wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:21 pm
JMC-STL wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Time for the Blues to grow a pair and buy one of their own, too ...
Agreed. It would give us full control of our prospect development.
Owning their own AHL team doesn't give an NHL team FULL control of their prospects pool, with players scattered across AHL & CHL & Europe. But it would give the Blues a basis for a player development strategy that isn't solely at the whim of another organization, or the annual trade or free agency markets.
I stand corrected. You expressed what I was trying to say a bit more eloquently. We are on the same page.

Coytes and Wild are playing an afternoon game as we speak. Wild are up 3-1 after 2. Coyotes are collapsing at just the right time. They have lost 4 in a row, and that's meant just as much if not more than the Blues winning streak in terms of evening this thing up. I'm almost surprised they didn't sell off a piece or two at the deadline. They don't have a first round pick this year, and desperately need one. Maybe they acquire one at the draft.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!