Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2101
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am
Matangama wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:09 am
I can’t wait to see how Dubas and Shanahan fuck up this summer! The fact that Nylander isn’t the first guy traded this summer is surprising. He must have pictures of Dubas.
They are gonna need to make other moves for sure. I sure would like to have that 15th overall pick though.
I’m guessing that pick gets moved in a follow up deal. Honestly, this is a pretty decent trade for Toronto, but I have zero faith in those two morons to make the additional moves that will fix that team. Opening up cap space and signing Petro wouldn’t do it, in my opinion. They need several moves.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2102
Matangama wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:13 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am
Matangama wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:09 am
I can’t wait to see how Dubas and Shanahan fuck up this summer! The fact that Nylander isn’t the first guy traded this summer is surprising. He must have pictures of Dubas.
They are gonna need to make other moves for sure. I sure would like to have that 15th overall pick though.
I’m guessing that pick gets moved in a follow up deal. Honestly, this is a pretty decent trade for Toronto, but I have zero faith in those two morons to make the additional moves that will fix that team. Opening up cap space and signing Petro wouldn’t do it, in my opinion. They need several moves.
We're going to learn if AP can get conned by those two yahoos in TOR pretty soon.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2108
BluesSK wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:49 pm
One can only hope this is true. I'd love for nothing more than to not have to hear the D-bag on hockey broadcasts.

If you thought Dale Tallon collected a lot of former Blackhawks after he left Chicago, I can’t even imagine what Eddie O would do as a GM. He’d try to trade Barkov, Huberdeau, and half the team to get Toews and Kane.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2109
MissouriMook wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:53 pm
BluesSK wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:49 pm
One can only hope this is true. I'd love for nothing more than to not have to hear the D-bag on hockey broadcasts.

If you thought Dale Tallon collected a lot of former Blackhawks after he left Chicago, I can’t even imagine what Eddie O would do as a GM. He’d try to trade Barkov, Huberdeau, and half the team to get Toews and Kane.
One has to imagine GM would be his part time gig and would be conducted entirely from a horse racing track.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2111
Dave's a mess wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:54 pm
Sounds like Florida is hiring an Assistant GM named Bill to be their next GM. Luckily his last name is not Armstrong. Seems like it'll only be a matter of time.

I hope Bill Armstrong gets a GM job soon. The man has done a great job here and deserves it. I also believe the Blues scouting department goes beyond one man and is great all around and will be fine when he moves on.
Just a Klim Kostin fan account

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2113
Matangama wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Chara not retiring......wants to play for the Bruins again. I can’t see him anywhere else, but if they don’t want him for some reason, I wouldn’t mind the big goof on the Blues for a year or two.

Yeah, yeah, salary cap, Petro, and all that good stuff......
Good for him. I love it when players can still be competitive into their forties.

Petro is the type of Dman who could have a good long career too without a lot of dropoff in skill. I don't see a problem offering him an 8 year deal.

I wish J-Bow was still around. He still had the wheels once his hip issues got sorted out. He could have played for years too.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2116
Please explain how this is a dirty hit....Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back. For it to be a dirty hit Reaves would need to extend into the hit, specifically target the head, take some strides. As it looks on this video...he turns his back and Motte runs into him. Vancouver fans are acting like he shot him from the book depository in Dallas.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2117
Please explain how this is a dirty hit....Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back, for it to be a dirty hit Reaves would need to extend into the hit, specifically target the head, take some strides. As it looks on this video...he turns his back and Motte runs into him. Vancouver fans are acting like he shot him from the book depository in Dallas.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2118
CaptSMRT wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 am
Please explain how this is a dirty hit....Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back. .. As it looks on this video...he turns his back and Motte runs into him. ...
Look again. Reaves never got to the point where "he turns his back" because Motte's chin on Reaves' shoulder stopped the rotation. So would you prefer the call be 2 minutes for interference on Motte? :?

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2119
JMC-STL wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 am
CaptSMRT wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 am
Please explain how this is a dirty hit....Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back. .. As it looks on this video...he turns his back and Motte runs into him. ...
Look again. Reaves never got to the point where "he turns his back" because Motte's chin on Reaves' shoulder stopped the rotation. So would you prefer the call be 2 minutes for interference on Motte? :?
The point of contact was incidental...this is not a dirty hit.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2120
CaptSMRT wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 am
JMC-STL wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 am
CaptSMRT wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 am
Please explain how this is a dirty hit....Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back. .. As it looks on this video...he turns his back and Motte runs into him. ...
Look again. Reaves never got to the point where "he turns his back" because Motte's chin on Reaves' shoulder stopped the rotation. So would you prefer the call be 2 minutes for interference on Motte? :?
The point of contact was incidental...this is not a dirty hit.
Thank you, Captain of Player Safety.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2121
JMC-STL wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:41 am
CaptSMRT wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 am
JMC-STL wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 am

Look again. Reaves never got to the point where "he turns his back" because Motte's chin on Reaves' shoulder stopped the rotation. So would you prefer the call be 2 minutes for interference on Motte? :?
The point of contact was incidental...this is not a dirty hit.
Thank you, Captain of Player Safety.
I only make it look easy. If you made me head of player discipline there would be fewer dirty hits and more fun. I would start with a series of training videos and then move onto intimidating players kids at school if they don't comply.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2122
The refs got the call right. Motte didn't change direction at all. Reaves had loads of time to avoid hit or hit hit him elsewhere. Primary point of contact was jaw. Pretty cut and dried to me. That he hit him with back of shoulder is irrelevant. You can argue that you don't like the rule, but the rule was properly enforced.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2124
Tfriede2 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:35 am
Yeah, that’s the definition of a dirty hit. Principal point of contact is the head. Not much more to be said there.
It wasn't intentional. Motte has his head down and skates into Reaves back. Not sure how you are defining dirty, but you actually have to extend or deliberately make contact with the head for it to be dirty, neither of which happens.
cron