Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1951
Reading HFBoards. Did not know the Leafs made a pitch for Tkachuk at same time we got him.

Just as that potential Lindros trade was falling apart in 2001, the Leafs turned their attention to another power forward. The details of the trade even leaked out; it was Tkachuk, Travis Green and Jyrki Lumme coming to Toronto for Antropov, Markov, Sergei Berezin and Adam Mair. There was probably some truth to it, since Green and Lumme both found their way to Toronto in separate trades within a few months (with Markov going to the Coyotes). But Tkachuk wound up in St. Louis.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1952
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:36 am
Reading HFBoards. Did not know the Leafs made a pitch for Tkachuk at same time we got him.

Just as that potential Lindros trade was falling apart in 2001, the Leafs turned their attention to another power forward. The details of the trade even leaked out; it was Tkachuk, Travis Green and Jyrki Lumme coming to Toronto for Antropov, Markov, Sergei Berezin and Adam Mair. There was probably some truth to it, since Green and Lumme both found their way to Toronto in separate trades within a few months (with Markov going to the Coyotes). But Tkachuk wound up in St. Louis.
Interesting. We were in heavily on Gary Roberts in 2000 summer as well. He chose the Leafs because he always wanted to play for them but we made the decision hard on him he would have been a huge addition to that team.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1953
ratonmono wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:16 pm
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:36 am
Reading HFBoards. Did not know the Leafs made a pitch for Tkachuk at same time we got him.

Just as that potential Lindros trade was falling apart in 2001, the Leafs turned their attention to another power forward. The details of the trade even leaked out; it was Tkachuk, Travis Green and Jyrki Lumme coming to Toronto for Antropov, Markov, Sergei Berezin and Adam Mair. There was probably some truth to it, since Green and Lumme both found their way to Toronto in separate trades within a few months (with Markov going to the Coyotes). But Tkachuk wound up in St. Louis.
Interesting. We were in heavily on Gary Roberts in 2000 summer as well. He chose the Leafs because he always wanted to play for them but we made the decision hard on him he would have been a huge addition to that team.
Wow, I didn’t know that. That guy was a hell of a player that just kept on playing at a high level year after year into his 40’s. He would of been a huge get.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1955
Saw this on HFBoards. Thought it was interesting to share.


Both Spain's La Liga and England's Premier League are working with EA Sports to provide a bunch of crowd recording that will be used during live broadcasts of the games on TV. Bettman stated that they have something planned in this regard, but wont share what it is until games start. Seeing how EA Sports has been creating NHL franchise games for decades, could NHL do same thing?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5645848

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1956
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Saw this on HFBoards. Thought it was interesting to share.


Both Spain's La Liga and England's Premier League are working with EA Sports to provide a bunch of crowd recording that will be used during live broadcasts of the games on TV. Bettman stated that they have something planned in this regard, but wont share what it is until games start. Seeing how EA Sports has been creating NHL franchise games for decades, could NHL do same thing?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5645848
Pump in the crowd sounds from the original Rollerball. 😂

Hell, just use the whole audio from the movie.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1957
BluesSK wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 pm
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Saw this on HFBoards. Thought it was interesting to share.

Both Spain's La Liga and England's Premier League are working with EA Sports to provide a bunch of crowd recording that will be used during live broadcasts of the games on TV. Bettman stated that they have something planned in this regard, but wont share what it is until games start. Seeing how EA Sports has been creating NHL franchise games for decades, could NHL do same thing?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5645848
Pump in the crowd sounds from the original Rollerball. 😂

Hell, just use the whole audio from the movie.
With Bill Daly reprising John Houseman's portrayal of "Bartholomew" in the original screen version ... "The game was created to demonstrate the futility of individual effort."

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1959
JMC-STL wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 pm
BluesSK wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 pm
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Saw this on HFBoards. Thought it was interesting to share.

Both Spain's La Liga and England's Premier League are working with EA Sports to provide a bunch of crowd recording that will be used during live broadcasts of the games on TV. Bettman stated that they have something planned in this regard, but wont share what it is until games start. Seeing how EA Sports has been creating NHL franchise games for decades, could NHL do same thing?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5645848
Pump in the crowd sounds from the original Rollerball. 😂

Hell, just use the whole audio from the movie.
With Bill Daly reprising John Houseman's portrayal of "Bartholomew" in the original screen version ... "The game was created to demonstrate the futility of individual effort."
Great movie btw.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1960
BillP. wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Saw this on HFBoards. Thought it was interesting to share.


Both Spain's La Liga and England's Premier League are working with EA Sports to provide a bunch of crowd recording that will be used during live broadcasts of the games on TV. Bettman stated that they have something planned in this regard, but wont share what it is until games start. Seeing how EA Sports has been creating NHL franchise games for decades, could NHL do same thing?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5645848
I saw a few minutes of some Euro soccer league with pumped in crowd noise a few weeks ago and hated it. It did not add to the atmosphere whatsoever in my opinion as the sound effect trailed too much and never matched the actual moment. If they want to keep the game on a 7 second delay to edit out the most egregious cursing, that's fine by me, but otherwise don't mess with the sound. That'll be the coolest (probably the only cool) part of playing in an empty arena.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1964
BillP. wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:13 pm
I don’t know if this was posted but there is a lot of talk out there about the Canucks wanting to move on from Brock Boeser

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/07/10/why- ... ck-boeser/
Damn, wonder if Edmundson and either Sanford or Blais could of swung it.

His play fell off this year Tim, and I think he dropped to the 3rd line at one time. Any particular reason?
I’m guessing they feel that maybe he’s fragile. When he’s healthy though...that shot release is Brett Hull quality.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1967
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm
BluesSK wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:59 am
I think this is messed up.

Coach of the year is usually defined as the coach of a team that was bad last year that suddenly got good goaltending. Cassidy is the only surprise for me.
That's the truth. The Norris is just the d-man with the most points trophy now too. I remember 2012? when Karlsson won over Weber and that was when I knew that trophy was becoming a joke.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1968
Hawks just signed their very own Joakim Lidstrom. Good Luck

Pius Suter, the leading scorer and most valuable player of the top professional league in Switzerland, signed a one-year, $925,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday.

The 24-year-old forward, playing for ZSC, led National League A with 30 goals and 53 points in 50 games. The contract will begin next season.

In five seasons with ZSC, he scored 168 points (81 goals, 87 assists) in 210 games. He tied for the Switzerland lead with five points (three goals, two assists) in four games at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Blackhawks assistant Marc Crawford was coach of ZSC in Suter's first season, when Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews was a teammate.

The Blackhawks also signed defenseman Ian Mitchell, a second-round pick (No. 57) in the 2017 NHL Draft, to a three-year, entry-level contract (average annual value $925,000).

The 21-year-old was tied for sixth among NCAA defensemen with 32 points (10 goals, 22 assists) in 36 games for the University of Denver. Mitchell scored two points (one goal, one assist) in four games to help Canada win the Spengler Cup.

Suter and Mitchell are not eligible to play for the Blackhawks during the Stanley Cup Qualifiers or Playoffs. Chicago will play the Edmonton Oilers in a best-of-5 series at Rogers Centre in Edmonton, the Western Conference hub city, starting Aug. 1 at 3 p.m. ET.

The winner will advance to the playoffs, and the loser will have a chance at the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NHL Draft in the Second Phase of the NHL Draft Lottery, to be held Aug. 10.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1970
BillP. wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Hawks just signed their very own Joakim Lidstrom. Good Luck

Pius Suter, the leading scorer and most valuable player of the top professional league in Switzerland, signed a one-year, $925,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday.

The 24-year-old forward, playing for ZSC, led National League A with 30 goals and 53 points in 50 games. The contract will begin next season.

In five seasons with ZSC, he scored 168 points (81 goals, 87 assists) in 210 games. He tied for the Switzerland lead with five points (three goals, two assists) in four games at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Blackhawks assistant Marc Crawford was coach of ZSC in Suter's first season, when Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews was a teammate.

The Blackhawks also signed defenseman Ian Mitchell, a second-round pick (No. 57) in the 2017 NHL Draft, to a three-year, entry-level contract (average annual value $925,000).

The 21-year-old was tied for sixth among NCAA defensemen with 32 points (10 goals, 22 assists) in 36 games for the University of Denver. Mitchell scored two points (one goal, one assist) in four games to help Canada win the Spengler Cup.

Suter and Mitchell are not eligible to play for the Blackhawks during the Stanley Cup Qualifiers or Playoffs. Chicago will play the Edmonton Oilers in a best-of-5 series at Rogers Centre in Edmonton, the Western Conference hub city, starting Aug. 1 at 3 p.m. ET.

The winner will advance to the playoffs, and the loser will have a chance at the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NHL Draft in the Second Phase of the NHL Draft Lottery, to be held Aug. 10.
I wonder if his nickname is "The Pope"?

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1971
Hawks have no chance if Crawford can’t make it.

Corey Crawford has been absent for the first three days of training camp 2.0 after being ruled "unfit" to practice by the Blackhawks, but there could be some positive news on the horizon. If all goes well, there's a chance Crawford could join the team for Phase 3 by early next week, NBC Sports Chicago has learned

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1972
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:54 pm
BillP. wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Hawks just signed their very own Joakim Lidstrom. Good Luck
Pius Suter, the leading scorer and most valuable player of the top professional league in Switzerland, signed a one-year, $925,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday.

The 24-year-old forward, playing for ZSC, led National League A with 30 goals and 53 points in 50 games. The contract will begin next season.

In five seasons with ZSC, he scored 168 points (81 goals, 87 assists) in 210 games. He tied for the Switzerland lead with five points (three goals, two assists) in four games at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Blackhawks assistant Marc Crawford was coach of ZSC in Suter's first season, when Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews was a teammate. ...
I wonder if his nickname is "The Pope"?
A "Pius Suter" would be a chaste young man seeking the hand of an equally chaste fair maiden, with whom he could await their nuptials before he broke training regimen for the first time. Good thing the kid won't be eligible 'til next season - his wrists would be worn out before the Qualifying Rounds even start. :shock:

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1973
JMC-STL wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:33 am
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:54 pm
BillP. wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Hawks just signed their very own Joakim Lidstrom. Good Luck
Pius Suter, the leading scorer and most valuable player of the top professional league in Switzerland, signed a one-year, $925,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday.

The 24-year-old forward, playing for ZSC, led National League A with 30 goals and 53 points in 50 games. The contract will begin next season.

In five seasons with ZSC, he scored 168 points (81 goals, 87 assists) in 210 games. He tied for the Switzerland lead with five points (three goals, two assists) in four games at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.

Blackhawks assistant Marc Crawford was coach of ZSC in Suter's first season, when Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews was a teammate. ...
I wonder if his nickname is "The Pope"?
A "Pius Suter" would be a chaste young man seeking the hand of an equally chaste fair maiden, with whom he could await their nuptials before he broke training regimen for the first time. Good thing the kid won't be eligible 'til next season - his wrists would be worn out before the Qualifying Rounds even start. :shock:
:lol:

Sometimes I can't believe this site is free with the quality of content on it. Bravo
Just a Klim Kostin fan account

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1974
Some awards news today:

and:


I've seen some surprise from local media that Petro didn't get nominated. I thought he'd miss out, but finish top 5 based on what the award has become. I think Josi or Carlson take it home this year. Josi would get my vote out of those 3.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1975
Dave's a mess wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:04 pm
Some awards news today:

and:


I've seen some surprise from local media that Petro didn't get nominated. I thought he'd miss out, but finish top 5 based on what the award has become. I think Josi or Carlson take it home this year. Josi would get my vote out of those 3.
I know his production tailed off but I think Carlson wins the Norris hands down.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"