Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1851
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 am
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ed-lawsuit

What the fuck?
Just horrible stuff. I don't know if they can prove that this stuff happened, but I don't have a problem believing it given the "boys will be boys!" culture in hockey and sports in general in years past. Regardless of what happens with this lawsuit you hope that this helps stop this kind of stuff from happening in the future since you know its going on in some fashion to this day.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1854
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:07 pm
It's not right, but hazing happens in every sport at the higher levels. It's deplorable when it goes to the depths that they're discussing.
Yeah, I mean it's one thing to put zip ties or a padlock on someone's luggage, or shave a sleeping team mate's eyebrows. This is fucking rape, sexual assault, bestiality. If even half of this shit is true...

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1856
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:07 pm
It's not right, but hazing happens in every sport at the higher levels. It's deplorable when it goes to the depths that they're discussing.
Yeah, I mean it's one thing to put zip ties or a padlock on someone's luggage, or shave a sleeping team mate's eyebrows. This is fucking rape, sexual assault, bestiality. If even half of this shit is true...
I'm sure a certain amount has been exaggerated, but I don't doubt that a fair amount of that stuff happened.

The sad thing is it's just accepted, by everyone involved.

Keep in mind, this is just the mindset about the sport in some of those areas - ever read this?

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nhl-abuse

"By the time I was 10, it got worse. He would put cigarettes out on me. Choke me. Throw full soda cans at my head. Every time I stepped on the ice, I knew that my play would determine just how bad I got it when we got home. I’d score a hat trick, and afterward we’d get in the car and he would tell me that I played “like a faggot” (that was his favorite term, which says a lot)."

Crazy stuff.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1857
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:50 am
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 am
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ed-lawsuit

What the fuck?
Just horrible stuff. I don't know if they can prove that this stuff happened, but I don't have a problem believing it given the "boys will be boys!" culture in hockey and sports in general in years past. Regardless of what happens with this lawsuit you hope that this helps stop this kind of stuff from happening in the future since you know its going on in some fashion to this day.
Got a grudge against somebody or some institution? Now's the perfect time and social climate to do it.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1859
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 pm
This is fun

According to McKenzie and Friedman it was Tampa. This is not surprising at all given that Florida has seen a huge spike the last week or so.
Kill the season instead of killing players and staff.

If one person dies, your brand is fucked. It is not worth it.
Sports is canceled forever...there will never be a way to make sure nobody has this or the next virus.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1863
CaptSMRT wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:47 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 am
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ed-lawsuit

What the fuck?
All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
That is some sick shit.
I will admit even my “who gives a fuck“ persona was a little rattled reading that.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1864
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 am
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ed-lawsuit

What the fuck?
All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
Just because there is a massive wildfire somewhere across the country doesn't mean the fire department shouldn't save a burning house.

Anyway Cherry and Roenick sucked at their jobs and deserved to be replaced, but sure, congrats on not being accused of raping minors, guys.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1865
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 pm
This is fun

According to McKenzie and Friedman it was Tampa. This is not surprising at all given that Florida has seen a huge spike the last week or so.
Kill the season instead of killing players and staff.

If one person dies, your brand is fucked. It is not worth it.
None of this would've happened if modern day hockey players had adopted the health habits of the old-timers: Start smoking at the age of 6, eat bacon fat three times a day, come to camp 40 pounds overweight, never lift a weight or pedal a stationary bike. Tampa's entire roster would've died 10-15 years ago. Problem solved!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1866
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:03 pm
CaptSMRT wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:47 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm


All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
That is some sick shit.
I will admit even my “who gives a fuck“ persona was a little rattled reading that.
Pouring dipspit on people once is forgivable...with regularity...you are mentally ill, and need to be drugged, and locked in a rubber room.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1867
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:09 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 am
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ed-lawsuit

What the fuck?
All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
Just because there is a massive wildfire somewhere across the country doesn't mean the fire department shouldn't save a burning house.

Anyway Cherry and Roenick sucked at their jobs and deserved to be replaced, but sure, congrats on not being accused of raping minors, guys.
Cherry was awesome at his job!
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1871
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:40 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:09 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm


All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
Just because there is a massive wildfire somewhere across the country doesn't mean the fire department shouldn't save a burning house.

Anyway Cherry and Roenick sucked at their jobs and deserved to be replaced, but sure, congrats on not being accused of raping minors, guys.
Cherry was awesome at his job!
He sure was...15 years ago.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1872
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:13 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:40 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:09 pm


Just because there is a massive wildfire somewhere across the country doesn't mean the fire department shouldn't save a burning house.

Anyway Cherry and Roenick sucked at their jobs and deserved to be replaced, but sure, congrats on not being accused of raping minors, guys.
Cherry was awesome at his job!
He sure was...15 years ago.
403F8CE4-0442-4327-91B6-25D12D0F77C9.jpeg
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#1873
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:03 pm
CaptSMRT wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:47 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm


All the sudden Don Cherry and JR don’t look so bad now do they? yes I went there! Bring it bitches!
That is some sick shit.
I will admit even my “who gives a fuck“ persona was a little rattled reading that.
Just read it and I kind of wish I didn’t. Those kids need to get the shit beat out of them. Take a fuckn hockey stick and crack their skulls. Fuck them
cron