Re: News and Games around the NHL

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:01 pm2 refs didn't see Scandella get cross-checked into the boards away from the puck ....2 refs didn't see the puck carrier Barbashev get taken down with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game while one was probably 10 feet away from him.... at least 3 times there was a ref in the way of a Blues player trying to exit his own zone with the puck.... 2 refs tilted the ice last night....I hate the 2 ref system
I thought they did a remarkable job of officiating.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:19 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:01 pm2 refs didn't see Scandella get cross-checked into the boards away from the puck ....2 refs didn't see the puck carrier Barbashev get taken down with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game while one was probably 10 feet away from him.... at least 3 times there was a ref in the way of a Blues player trying to exit his own zone with the puck.... 2 refs tilted the ice last night....I hate the 2 ref system
I thought they did a remarkable job of officiating.
They got plenty of remarks for sure.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:39 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:50 pm

Joe West syndrome kicks in where you start making bad calls so you can do your little dance routine you’re known for because in their brain they think the fans are their to see it. Hate that the NHL is promoting him for doing it. Just seems to encourage him to up the ante.

Maybe this is “old man yells at clouds” of me but refs in general, while having a tough job, suck at the job. The best ones are the ones I don’t see or hear from. Special teams hockey is boring to me and breaks the flow of the game.

I wish they’d just go back to a single ref. ESPECIALLY when you have times where the ref closest to the play doesn’t call a penalty but the other jackwad on the ice decides he saw it better from 50 feet away. Maybe they should each just have their own half of the ice.
I am pro-2 ref system. I'm not looking for a spike in cheapshots when the department of player safety is less competent than your average NHL official.

I don’t think if you remove an official you’ll start having a rash of players taking liberties on the health of other players. It’s just not a league full of those guys anymore. The dangerous plays are always, always, high hits or hits into the boards.

Guys won’t suddenly start sucker punching players and if they do there’s easy ways to remedy that.

Going to need a better reason or I’m firing half the refs!
I don't think you have the balls to do it!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:13 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:58 pm Man I miss a good old open ice hip check. Doughty doing his best Rob Blake

What a kiss-ass, sucking up to his GM.
When there were rumors that Rob Blake was St Louis bound, I don't think Ive been more excited for a player before or since. He was so fun to watch! But alas, as we know he ended up in Colorado. Oh well, we still got Robb K instead
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:01 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:36 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:25 am SK???

Gotta love Saskatchewan, eh. 😄

Maybe there was a disagreement about mask mandates.
Is this the Batoni-Hunter Enterprises, Ltd version of the Saskatoon Blues that we heard about in the early 80's?
It's a senior hockey league. These teams usually have players that are locals who played university, AAA, or even some former minor leaguers. It's fairly competitive hockey.

I found it! The Battleford Beaver Blues. 😀

https://www.sasktoday.ca/north/local-sp ... ia-4940199