Re: News and Games around the NHL

Matangama wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 amPavelski breaks record for postseason goals scored by U.S.-born player

Gets one for Stars in Game 5 win against Lightning in Cup Final, passes Mullen with 61
That settles it, Joey's gotta sign a short-term contract with the Blues for bubble playoff hockey next year & regain the record. Dude is only 63 years old, he can do it. :dancingbanana:
Joe Mullen is 63? Fuck, that makes me feel so God damn old!
You really want to feel old? Craig Conroy is 74
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 am
Matangama wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 am
That settles it, Joey's gotta sign a short-term contract with the Blues for bubble playoff hockey next year & regain the record. Dude is only 63 years old, he can do it. :dancingbanana:
Joe Mullen is 63? Fuck, that makes me feel so God damn old!
You really want to feel old? Craig Conroy is 74
Dread, I knew you were fucking with me, but I still had to look it up! He’s 49......which doesn’t seem so bad!

I seem to remember Stewart having 3-4 just absolutely sick backhand shelf goals on breakaways/shootouts one year, but I'm too damn lazy to look it up. He and his brother are a great story making it to the NHL against very long odds. He never turned into a superstar, but 600+ NHL games is a hell of a career.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:38 pm I seem to remember Stewart having 3-4 just absolutely sick backhand shelf goals on breakaways/shootouts one year, but I'm too damn lazy to look it up. He and his brother are a great story making it to the NHL against very long odds. He never turned into a superstar, but 600+ NHL games is a hell of a career.
I remember the goals you’re talking about! Beautiful goals. I remember one was an OT winner where he came down the left wing and put it top shelf in the corner. A,axing.....but I can’t find it on YouTube.

Matangama wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:38 pm I seem to remember Stewart having 3-4 just absolutely sick backhand shelf goals on breakaways/shootouts one year, but I'm too damn lazy to look it up. He and his brother are a great story making it to the NHL against very long odds. He never turned into a superstar, but 600+ NHL games is a hell of a career.
I remember the goals you’re talking about! Beautiful goals. I remember one was an OT winner where he came down the left wing and put it top shelf in the corner. A,axing.....but I can’t find it on YouTube.
Ok, this is one of the goals I was thinking of and probably the one you're talking about:

Do yourself a favor and just check out just how many videos this youtube search brings up, it's absolutely insane.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... khand+goal

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm
Ok, this is one of the goals I was thinking of and probably the one you're talking about:

Do yourself a favor and just check out just how many videos this youtube search brings up, it's absolutely insane.
Psshh...he only did that bc he knew he had ian bon crusher cole on his team
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Psshh...he only did that bc he knew he had ian bon crusher cole on his team
Can't argue with the facts!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm Here is a question....considering the success of the bubble playoffs...should the NHL consider a summer developmental league they could use to play in different cities and promote the NHL?
I understand the theory but you'd be hard pressed to get the players to agree and probably the teams of those players.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm Here is a question....considering the success of the bubble playoffs...should the NHL consider a summer developmental league they could use to play in different cities and promote the NHL?
I understand the theory but you'd be hard pressed to get the players to agree and probably the teams of those players.
I'm not talking players. I am talking about fringe guys and women and tall Chinese.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pmHere is a question....considering the success of the bubble playoffs...should the NHL consider a summer developmental league they could use to play in different cities and promote the NHL?
I'm not talking players. I am talking about fringe guys and women and tall Chinese.
How tall?

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:14 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:44 pm
How tall?
4'2"-7'9"....lets get crazy
Where do I sign up for tickets?!
I think streaming opens hockey up to some interesting concepts...if the bubble taught us anything... you don't need cities. Get a rink...draft about 50 Goons and let them play....the XHL was born in this forum.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:00 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:14 pm4'2"-7'9"....lets get crazy
I think streaming opens hockey up to some interesting concepts...if the bubble taught us anything... you don't need cities. Get a rink...draft about 50 Goons and let them play....the XHL was born in this forum.
Could it start with an extended tourney of the Bikini Hockey League?

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Now you are talking!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:58 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Now you are talking!!!
Little People Bikini Hockey League or LPBHL.