Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am What a slate of games today/tonight.

Hawks at Philly
at 1 on NHL Network
Jets - Devils NHL Network
Caps - Isles then Vegas - SJ on ESPN+
The Hawks can go to hell, but damn if they weren't fun to watch last year. Philly has been one of my favorites to watch for years too. That's a fun matchup for the fans in Prague today.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:59 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:36 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm Maroon with a PP goal. He doesn’t look out of place at all with Tampa.
Maroon just parked his ass in front of the net and Florida didn't even attempt to move him out of the crease!!! :lol:
Yeah, Florida looks the same to me. It’s early but still, they might need some changes.
Panthers looked rough. The game would have been an even bigger blow out without Bob in net.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am
MattyIce wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:22 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:14 am

Karma implies that what goes around comes around. If you do good things, good things will happen to you and vice versa. Edwards was basically saying Polak deserved to be hurt for being a dirty player.
Ah gotcha. Honestly I would have never thought that's what he meant by that. I wonder if he just chose poor wording...
I'm fairly confident he knew exactly what he was saying. It'd fit in with Edward's history of wishing ill on anyone that has the audacity to not play for the Bruins. Having said that I'm sure he didn't expect Polak was going to need a stretcher to get off the ice.
if you watch the clip, he said it immediately when the play happened, not as polak was laying there dead. he was referring to the fact that polak tried to go out of his way to push the other player into the boards and ended up reaching, putting himself in the position to go headfirst into the boards. trying to check someone from behind into the boards resulted immediately in him hurting himself. that's what he was saying, very evidently, in the clip.

i don't know anything about this guy, just saying from this particular clip that's clear to me what he meant. i didn't see it as "fuck him".

T.C. wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:21 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am
MattyIce wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:22 am

Ah gotcha. Honestly I would have never thought that's what he meant by that. I wonder if he just chose poor wording...
I'm fairly confident he knew exactly what he was saying. It'd fit in with Edward's history of wishing ill on anyone that has the audacity to not play for the Bruins. Having said that I'm sure he didn't expect Polak was going to need a stretcher to get off the ice.
if you watch the clip, he said it immediately when the play happened, not as polak was laying there dead. he was referring to the fact that polak tried to go out of his way to push the other player into the boards and ended up reaching, putting himself in the position to go headfirst into the boards. trying to check someone from behind into the boards resulted immediately in him hurting himself. that's what he was saying, very evidently, in the clip.

i don't know anything about this guy, just saying from this particular clip that's clear to me what he meant. i didn't see it as "fuck him".
I mean yeah they hadn't brought the stretcher out, but he'd been lying face down on the ice without moving much for a few seconds. He was obviously not in good shape when Edwards made the comment. I don't really care though, some hockey announcers are morons just like the rest of us.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:35 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm Devils up 1-0 after one on a goal by Nikita Gusev!
They blew a 4-0 lead!!! Jets giving up a lot of goals in first 2 games of season. Guess that’s not a surprise.
Your boy Gusev paying dividends for you.
The Devils were very fun to watch last night...up 4-0 and then the Jets scored with 10 seconds left in the 2nd period to give them a little life and then scored early in the 3rd to make it game. Schneider got hurt and Blackwood came in but you could just see their bubble burst a bit when Schneider left the game.
Subban played one of his best games i've seen him play...played almost 27 mins last night and was exactly what they needed to add on their blue line.
Hughes was good but only played like 8 minutes heading into 3rd. Hughes centering Bratt and Gusev is a very talented line.
Gusev is Russian that I can get on board with....wanted to become a great player in the KHL before coming over and playing in the NHL. Also no surprise that Steve Yzerman found him with a 7th round pick. Have to think both the Lightning and Knights are gonna regret moving on from him. Really surprised though that Yzerman didn't trade for him in Detroit.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:26 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm Devils up 1-0 after one on a goal by Nikita Gusev!
They blew a 4-0 lead!!! Jets giving up a lot of goals in first 2 games of season. Guess that’s not a surprise.
The Devils were very fun to watch last night...up 4-0 and then the Jets scored with 10 seconds left in the 2nd period to give them a little life and then scored early in the 3rd to make it game. Schneider got hurt and Blackwood came in but you could just see their bubble burst a bit when Schneider left the game.
Subban played one of his best games i've seen him play...played almost 27 mins last night and was exactly what they needed to add on their blue line.
Hughes was good but only played like 8 minutes heading into 3rd. Hughes centering Bratt and Gusev is a very talented line.
Gusev is Russian that I can get on board with....wanted to become a great player in the KHL before coming over and playing in the NHL. Also no surprise that Steve Yzerman found him with a 7th round pick. Have to think both the Lightning and Knights are gonna regret moving on from him. Really surprised though that Yzerman didn't trade for him in Detroit.
Thanks for the tip, I’m going to watch some of that game right now - ha

BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 am

Blake Coleman had a great game last night as well....scored a couple of goals including one which will be up for goal of the year and he also lost some teeth..

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:04 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 am

Blake Coleman had a great game last night as well....scored a couple of goals including one which will be up for goal of the year and he also lost some teeth..
Just watched it up to 4-0. The 2nd Coleman goal was awesome. I forgot Simmons was on the team, didn’t do much though. Wonder if he’s really done. Devils were flying like you said. They got a great mix of players and you got to like Wood and Coleman and the way they throw their weight around. This is a team to check out live now.

Holy Cow, thru 2 periods, Shattenkirk again leads all defensemen in ice time and he’s a full 80 seconds more than Hedman. This is a good move by Cooper as it seems he wants Shatty to regain his confidence and what better way than to play him top minutes right from the get go. If it works out he gains an all star defensemen.

Sabres off to a great start....manhandling the Devils tonight. I don't know when we are moving Jake but I'm almost positive that New Jersey is gonna be his next home.

"Suck a dick Johansen"