Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:58 pm Edmonton, Anaheim and Kings looking good early. Kings only 1-1 but they've been scoring goals. Thoughts if any of these teams are playoff contenders.

By the way, hard to believe the Hawks have only played 1 game so far.
Have to disagree. The Kings are playing like crap. Gave up 6 goals in their first game and blew a 3-0 lead in their 2nd. I haven't been impressed and don't see them making any noise.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:58 pm Edmonton, Anaheim and Kings looking good early. Kings only 1-1 but they've been scoring goals. Thoughts if any of these teams are playoff contenders.

Have to disagree. The Kings are playing like crap. Gave up 6 goals in their first game and blew a 3-0 lead in their 2nd. I haven't been impressed and don't see them making any noise.
Not to mention the 8 that they gave up last night to the Canucks.

jfbop37 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Canucks could be a success story this year. It'll be interesting to see the numbers Quinn Hughes puts up this year. The potential seems unlimited with him.

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:14 pm
jfbop37 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Canucks could be a success story this year. It'll be interesting to see the numbers Quinn Hughes puts up this year. The potential seems unlimited with him.
He's got a better shot at the Calder than Jack.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm Anybody want to catch a good OT, watch the Flames and Dallas last night. Good OT action. You got to give Radulov credit, for a Russian, his intensity is pretty high. Almost up there with Ovechkin. Hard to believe he was considered a problem child. The guy plays with passion.
He was only considered a problem child because he straight up left his team while under contract to play in Russia. I don't think anyone ever questioned his compete level. Still, he's a player I'd never really want in my organization after breaking a contract.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:27 pm On Radulov, I remember it being this huge deal when he signed with Nashville late in the year in like 2012, only for him to get drunk the night before games and play like absolute shit in the playoffs. Never liked him since then.
In Radulov's defense, it was incredibly rude of Barry Trotz to ask him to come back on the defensive side of the red line every once in a while.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:52 pm
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:27 pm On Radulov, I remember it being this huge deal when he signed with Nashville late in the year in like 2012, only for him to get drunk the night before games and play like absolute shit in the playoffs. Never liked him since then.
In Radulov's defense, it was incredibly rude of Barry Trotz to ask him to come back on the defensive side of the red line every once in a while.
😀😃😄

BillP. wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:22 pm I'm at work on lunch and am having fun with all the games on TV right now. Should be like this everyday :)
I've heard it suggested that the first day of the playoffs should be scheduled with staggered start times from noon to 9:30 like the first weekend of March Madness. I absolutely love that idea, but probably won't ever happen.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:22 pm I'm at work on lunch and am having fun with all the games on TV right now. Should be like this everyday :)
I've heard it suggested that the first day of the playoffs should be scheduled with staggered start times from noon to 9:30 like the first weekend of March Madness. I absolutely love that idea, but probably won't ever happen.
That would be awesome..............