Re: News and Games around the NHL

The Dallas start is just wild. I wasn't totally sold on all the hype, but I still thought they were going to grab one of the top 3 spots in the division. I like Montgomery, but something is clearly flawed with the construction of that team.

On a somewhat related note, its nice to see the Hawks struggling out of the gate. Hope they stay near the bottom all year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 am The Dallas start is just wild. I wasn't totally sold on all the hype, but I still thought they were going to grab one of the top 3 spots in the division. I like Montgomery, but something is clearly flawed with the construction of that team.

On a somewhat related note, its nice to see the Hawks struggling out of the gate. Hope they stay near the bottom all year.
Besides the injuries with the Stars, they all look like they have cup hangovers to the max. ;)

The shithawks, yeah they can just go ahead and use this season to end Colliton's coaching career and poo on Patricia Kane's career. :twisted:

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:46 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:43 pm Benn is a soft captain.
I've seen him sitting down on the job before
My co-worker is on a call with a supplier about potentially getting product shipped to the wentzville GM plant for a potential start up late sunday night/early monday morning.

I got a stern look when I audibly LOL'd at this.
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

All I got to say is this: Remember how 'hot' the Sabres were last year to start the season? Hutton was going to win all the awards, we let the wrong goaltender go, they were going to make the playoffs and. they were.....yeah, the season is long. This is really a weird time of the season, as teams are still learning to gel together and finding their game. I wouldn't write the Stars off yet, although I'd like to. By Christmas time we'll know more of who the pretenders and who the contenders are.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am All I got to say is this: Remember how 'hot' the Sabres were last year to start the season? Hutton was going to win all the awards, we let the wrong goaltender go, they were going to make the playoffs and. they were.....yeah, the season is long. This is really a weird time of the season, as teams are still learning to gel together and finding their game. I wouldn't write the Stars off yet, although I'd like to. By Christmas time we'll know more of who the pretenders and who the contenders are.
It will be cool to see the Blues finally gel, because right now they're a ways off from playing a full game on both sides of the puck.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am All I got to say is this: Remember how 'hot' the Sabres were last year to start the season? Hutton was going to win all the awards, we let the wrong goaltender go, they were going to make the playoffs and. they were.....yeah, the season is long. This is really a weird time of the season, as teams are still learning to gel together and finding their game. I wouldn't write the Stars off yet, although I'd like to. By Christmas time we'll know more of who the pretenders and who the contenders are.
It will be cool to see the Blues finally gel, because right now they're a ways off from playing a full game on both sides of the puck.
It's true. I think finally having 100% of the Cup celebration related activities behind them will help. They can get back to hockey full time, and stop having to leave poor Justin Faulk alone in his hotel room.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am Tampa Bay Lightning defensemen Kevin F'n Shattenkirk has 4 goals in his first 7 games. Amazing how much better he can be when he's not relied on to be 'the man' he thought he could be.
Whatever Tampa offers him for a renewal, he should just take it. He looks so good with that team. He'd be a fool to leave. But we've seen it before with these guys, their ego gets the best of them and they like the attention and the money offers. It'll be interesting to see how he plays it at the end of the year. He should just stay there.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:17 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am Tampa Bay Lightning defensemen Kevin F'n Shattenkirk has 4 goals in his first 7 games. Amazing how much better he can be when he's not relied on to be 'the man' he thought he could be.
Whatever Tampa offers him for a renewal, he should just take it. He looks so good with that team. He'd be a fool to leave. But we've seen it before with these guys, their ego gets the best of them and they like the attention and the money offers. It'll be interesting to see how he plays it at the end of the year. He should just stay there.
He left for the money once...I’d imagine he knows he’s in a good situation. He’s got plenty of money....he wants that ring now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Wayne Gretzky compares McDavid, Draisaitl to himself, Mark Messier

The Edmonton Oilers have plenty of reason to feel good about themselves after a 5-0-0 start to the season.

Even ‘The Great One,’ Wayne Gretzky is buying into the team’s hot start, offering the highest of praise for Edmonton’s current stars, Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl.

“Mark [Messier] and I never looked at each other like we expected the other guy to do this, or do that,” Gretzky said to Mark Spector of Sportsnet. “We just knew our roles and what we brought to the hockey club, and we pushed each other to make it that much more of a contribution to the group.”