Re: News and Games around the NHL

When we start locking threads is when I think it’s time to move on. While I still post at the asylum as well, I started posting here because originally we didn’t do shit like that here.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:26 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:12 am When we start locking threads is when I think it’s time to move on. While I still post at the asylum as well, I started posting here because originally we didn’t do shit like that here.
It's going to be okay, Tim. I promise.
Locking threads is just the beginning. Then it will be deleting posts, banning users...etc.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am I respect the decision of the Blues players.

Let's keep politics out of hockey.

/end of rant
Which is exactly what Tom Stillman said. They went because it was an honor to do so, not make a political statement.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am I respect the decision of the Blues players.

Let's keep politics out of hockey.

/end of rant
Agreed.

I'm going to talk my favorite subject for a bit.......myself. LOL

Going to the game tomorrow, I'm hoping that collapse in the last 5 minutes from Monday is still fresh on their minds and they come out and play a full 60 against the Canucks (who btw have been scoring in bunches lately).

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:46 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:12 am When we start locking threads is when I think it’s time to move on. While I still post at the asylum as well, I started posting here because originally we didn’t do shit like that here.
Locking threads is just the beginning. Then it will be deleting posts, banning users...etc.
i'm not going to watch people gang up on someone else because they don't like one puppet versus another to the point where long-time posters leave over something unrelated to hockey. i've seen it happen a million times. you want to talk politics, go to a political forum/echo chamber. you want to bring politics into hockey, i'm locking it every time. if you think i'm going to delete posts, ban users, etc., you clearly haven't been paying attention. i'm frankly baffled you think that would happen here. i didn't even ban JNE - he left.

With much much respect to TC for all he does here, I am with you Tim. I personally choose not to engage in political discussions, especially on internet forums. But locking threads/topics takes away ones choice to do so. The is the point of all of this... to discuss topics with people.
KA-KAW!

T.C. wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:12 am

i'm not going to watch people gang up on someone else because they don't like one puppet versus another to the point where long-time posters leave over something unrelated to hockey. i've seen it happen a million times. you want to talk politics, go to a political forum/echo chamber. you want to bring politics into hockey, i'm locking it every time. if you think i'm going to delete posts, ban users, etc., you clearly haven't been paying attention. i'm frankly baffled you think that would happen here. i didn't even ban JNE - he left.
I didn’t see anybody ganging up on anybody. It was a thread for discussion about our Blue visiting the President.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I agree with TC on this one. While the thread was fine at the time of locking, eventually it would have gone into straight political talk, with some people arguing that the Blues were just going because tradition/its what you do/its not an endorsement, others arguing that going is an implicit endorsement, then someone saying something like "glad the Blues endorse the slaughter of the Kurds"

^I know this because this is the type of shit being said under every tweet about the Blues going to the White House. I personally think stopping that thread before it gets overly political is a good thing. We all have different political views (probably) but our love for the Blues and hockey is what unites us and is what makes this place great, lets keep it that way and not let politics cause us to be divided and stuff that isn't whether Alex Pietrangelo is amazing or is hot garbage.

File this one under "things I didn't expect to see" from last night. Mark Stone and Roman Josi throwing down. Even though it was short and both clearly aren't used to fighting, these are the types of passion-driven fights I hope the league never gets rid of (or at least are the last ones to go).

[flash=][/flash]
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I guess I should clarify the ‘news’ part of this thread haha.

Anyway, this isn’t other forums. No ones post are being deleted or censored. We’re more friends talking hockey and busting balls than we are random strangers shouting at each other. I don’t think anything has ever been said that’s meant to be personal.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 pm Turris with 2 goals tonight, 3 on year. If he regains scoring touch, Preds will be a much improved team compared to last years plummet.
Must be nice when you win the division in a plummet year.
They had a very bad 2nd half, which the Jets did as well. They didn't win the division, it just fell in their laps. I believe Grimaldi might of led their team in goals in the 1st rd. That's a plummet.