Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:53 am
usmcaaron wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Imagine a timeline where the Atlanta Thrashers draft Pietrangelo at #3, & the Blues get stuck with this guy at #4. What a completely different path that could've been for both teams.
The Blues have a history of what ifs. What if Coach Q had game changer in net? Blues might of won 2 Cups.
Don't forget Keenan. Like him or not, he had a game changer in Fuhr. If only that asshole in Toronto hadn't deliberately took out his knees, we probably would have won the Cup that year.

barnburner wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:33 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Imagine a timeline where the Atlanta Thrashers draft Pietrangelo at #3, & the Blues get stuck with this guy at #4. What a completely different path that could've been for both teams.
The Blues have a history of what ifs. What if Coach Q had game changer in net? Blues might of won 2 Cups.
Don't forget Keenan. Like him or not, he had a game changer in Fuhr. If only that asshole in Toronto hadn't deliberately took out his knees, we probably would have won the Cup that year.
I'm not sure they get past the Avs and all those Hall of Famers with Fuhr. Maybe, but damn were they loaded.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm not sure they get past the Avs and all those Hall of Famers with Fuhr. Maybe, but damn were they loaded.
You never know, but Fuhr was a money goaltender. I'd like our chances.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:02 pm

MacInnis and Gretzky are quoted saying they thought they had the edge in experience on Avs and felt they’d win. I’m with you, it would have been tough. But if the Hawks could take Colorado to 6 that year, who knows. Like I said before, if Gretzky didn’t have that bad back and was healthy, then the Blues chances of winning Cup go up dramatically.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 pm
Good lord.....
Whelp, if they get swept out in round 1 again, that would be eye raising. Unlike last year, the Bolts seem to be playing for one-another after last years debacle.
Great move for Tampa....Coleman is underrated. The price for this market though ....I’m a little worried what Army might have to pay to get something done.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 am
Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Good lord.....
Whelp, if they get swept out in round 1 again, that would be eye raising. Unlike last year, the Bolts seem to be playing for one-another after last years debacle.
Great move for Tampa....Coleman is underrated. The price for this market though ....I’m a little worried what Army might have to pay to get something done.
Getting a maybe 30 goal scorer for a cap hit of under $2M for another year surely drives the price up, but yeah I'm a bit concerned about the price. Did New Jersey get a better deal for Coleman than Hall? If Nolan Foote turns out as projected they just might have.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!