Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:20 am He knifes it!!!

That's a bummer. Always enjoyed his unique voice and style for calling a game. Please don't replace him with more Jack Edwards
New TV contract will have the say on who the new voice is.
I will not miss his shrill, nasal delivery, or his Docisms. I am sure "it's a laser beam" was hot shit in 1978.

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am

That's a bummer. Always enjoyed his unique voice and style for calling a game. Please don't replace him with more Jack Edwards
I will not miss his shrill, nasal delivery, or his Docisms. I am sure "it's a laser beam" was hot shit in 1978.
He actually called Game 4 where the Blues finished off the Hawks 4 straight and Janney scores to make Belfour go nuts on the net.

Doc actually called a game back then in a normal manner. Why he turned into this latest version is anyone's guess.

BillP. wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:17 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm

He actually called Game 4 where the Blues finished off the Hawks 4 straight and Janney scores to make Belfour go nuts on the net.

Doc actually called a game back then in a normal manner. Why he turned into this latest version is anyone's guess.
NBA Jams changed the paradigm on commentary

Just for the record since I don't think everyone was joking, there's a 0.0% chance Jack Edwards is the next lead broadcaster. He'll be in Boston until he's done. It'll probably be Kenny Albert. The NHL/NBC contract runs through next season. After that I imagine the league will have multiple broadcast partners, so we'll have a couple of #1 broadcast teams.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:32 am So uhm when's hockey start again
Not January 1. Winter Classic just got postponed until next year, and it's no guarantee we'll still be the opponent. All-Star game cancelled too, but who cares. Optimistic view is late January/early February. Probably waiting to see how things are looking before committing to anything since they don't want to do a bubble again.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am Not the best start to Bill Armstrong's drafting career in Arizona.

They didn't have a pick until the 4th round and they've already renounced the pick because they drafted a pretty shitty human.

And before this topic gets off course because people may just read the headline and jump to conclusions without any research.

The things he did were absolutely vile. More so, he has still to this day shown zero remorse or apologized to the victim in this. Which to mean doesn't mean it can be excused as "kids will be kids"...it's who he is as a person still to this day.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHL’s Coyotes sever ties with top draft pick who admitted to bullying Black classmate with disabilities

The Arizona Coyotes announced Thursday that they have renounced their rights to their 2020 top NHL draft pick Mitchell Miller after a recent report revealed he had bullied a Black classmate with disabilities.

According to the report, published by the Arizona Republic on October 26, Miller had bullied a developmentally disabled Black teen while he was in junior high school in Sylvania, Ohio, in 2016.

Miller and another teen were accused of tricking Isaiah Meyers-Crothers into eating candy that had been placed in a urinal and physically assaulting him. Miller and another teen admitted to the bullying in an Ohio juvenile court and were sentenced to community service, according to the Republic.

https://krdo.com/news/national-world/20 ... abilities/