Re: News and Games around the NHL

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:24 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 pmTime for somebody to man up & do a Wayne Maki on Marchand.
(Had to google that...im 35)

More relevant would be todd bertuzzi/steve moore incident...
More relevant to who/whom? I could've said: "do an Eddie Shore on Marchand's Ace Bailey" for a Bruins tie-in, but then only Turk & Robb_K would've appreciated the reference. And Robb could've told us all the story of how he was sitting on the glass (or was it chicken wire?) at the old Boston Garden when the infamous incident took place no more than 10 feet (3 metres) from him. :dancingbanana: :bananaride:

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:09 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:24 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 pmTime for somebody to man up & do a Wayne Maki on Marchand.
(Had to google that...im 35)

More relevant would be todd bertuzzi/steve moore incident...
More relevant to who/whom? I could've said: "do an Eddie Shore on Marchand's Ace Bailey" for a Bruins tie-in, but then only Turk & Robb_K would've appreciated the reference. And Robb could've told us all the story of how he was sitting on the glass (or was it chicken wire?) at the old Boston Garden when the infamous incident took place no more than 10 feet (3 metres) from him. :dancingbanana: :bananaride:
people age 35 (like myself) and younger?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 am Where do you guys see Babcock's future? Suppose to be a great coach, but also a disliked non-players coach. He's always going to have a shelf life it seems, similar maybe to Torts.
He'll probably be the coach that comes in as a 180 degree change of pace for a team with a player's coach that under performed. If I were him I'd wait until the summer at least, but maybe he wants to jump back in. I could see him winding up in Winnepeg or maybe Tampa if they continue to flounder.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:19 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 am Where do you guys see Babcock's future? Suppose to be a great coach, but also a disliked non-players coach. He's always going to have a shelf life it seems, similar maybe to Torts.
He'll probably be the coach that comes in as a 180 degree change of pace for a team with a player's coach that under performed. If I were him I'd wait until the summer at least, but maybe he wants to jump back in. I could see him winding up in Winnepeg or maybe Tampa if they continue to flounder.
When you listen to Leafs Lunch, you can tell the guys on there like Craig Button weren't all that crazy about Babcock and his coaching. They aren't shy too call out his faults. You can tell they welcomed the change.

BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:28 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:19 am
When you listen to Leafs Lunch, you can tell the guys on there like Craig Button weren't all that crazy about Babcock and his coaching. They aren't shy too call out his faults. You can tell they welcomed the change.
I don't know that we've talked about it on here yet, but how insane is that story from Marner's rookie year? The gist of it was that Babcock made Marner make a list ranking every player on the roster in terms of work ethic. Babcock then told the players near the bottom of Marner's list about it. That is absolutely insane. I don't really care about the Leafs success or Babcock's future, so I hope more crazy stories like that come out.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 am I don't know that we've talked about it on here yet, but how insane is that story from Marner's rookie year? The gist of it was that Babcock made Marner make a list ranking every player on the roster in terms of work ethic. Babcock then told the players near the bottom of Marner's list about it. That is absolutely insane. I don't really care about the Leafs success or Babcock's future, so I hope more crazy stories like that come out.

But yeah, that shit is crazy. Saw some supposed "insiders" on Twitter saying that incident in particular really pissed off Kadri and Bozak. Makes it less surprising that they're both out of Toronto, although I doubt Toronto was re-signing Bozak anyways.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:49 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 am I don't know that we've talked about it on here yet, but how insane is that story from Marner's rookie year? The gist of it was that Babcock made Marner make a list ranking every player on the roster in terms of work ethic. Babcock then told the players near the bottom of Marner's list about it. That is absolutely insane. I don't really care about the Leafs success or Babcock's future, so I hope more crazy stories like that come out.

But yeah, that shit is crazy. Saw some supposed "insiders" on Twitter saying that incident in particular really pissed off Kadri and Bozak. Makes it less surprising that they're both out of Toronto, although I doubt Toronto was re-signing Bozak anyways.
Lozo is the best. Papa John's might be the logical landing spot for Peters.

BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm
barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:15 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Is that Plante?
Wonder what the repercussion would be today for that? Wouldn’t be pretty.
Social media outrage and numerous people being forced out of their jobs ;)
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

On the Score App, they got Vezina power rankings.

5. Hellebuck
4. Bishop
3. Rask
2. Binnington
1. Kuemper

Binnington has faced the 2nd most high danger chances in league and he has the 2nd best save pct in league on high danger shots at .891

Binner ranks 2nd in league in both starts and minutes played..............pay up Army

barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:15 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Is that Plante?
That's a mid-to-late 1960's NY Rangers jersey. Single digit number on the sleeve, could be a "1". But I'm gonna guess Eddy Giacomin (who wore #1 after Plante left NYR), based on the profile shape of the mask.

0f3276a8db98e9f40b81d2082c03e32b[1].jpg 0f3276a8db98e9f40b81d2082c03e32b[1].jpg Viewed 11303 times 29.6 KiB