Re: News and Games around the NHL

I was gonna start a thread this morning and then forgot with all the Faulk talk! I was thinking it had to be coming soon! Dubas probably needs to shake up that roster a bit as well.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm I was gonna start a thread this morning and then forgot with all the Faulk talk! I was thinking it had to be coming soon! Dubas probably needs to shake up that roster a bit as well.
Dubas and Babcock clearly weren't on the same page. It'll be interesting to see what stylistic changes happen, and how long they take to roll out. I'm sure there will be some lineup tinkering too, but I haven't seen them play enough this year to have an opinion.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:50 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm I was gonna start a thread this morning and then forgot with all the Faulk talk! I was thinking it had to be coming soon! Dubas probably needs to shake up that roster a bit as well.
Dubas and Babcock clearly weren't on the same page. It'll be interesting to see what stylistic changes happen, and how long they take to roll out. I'm sure there will be some lineup tinkering too, but I haven't seen them play enough this year to have an opinion.
I do think they quit on Babcock but I don’t know how much Keefe will get out of them. There are some problems with that lineup for sure. They lost some grit by moving Kadri....probably why the Sam Bennett rumors are floating around. I don’t see Keefe pulling a Berube but at least he he knows who he might be able to get to go to war for him
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

The past couple years, it seemed like you had to ask yourself is Babcock really the right guy for this team. I think the Leafs have fucked things up all around and it’s been a buildup through lousy management the past 2 plus years. That’s on Shanahan and I’m not surprised how he screwed up the rebuild.

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:45 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 pm

They do look great...I still prefer the green and blue though. They just need to go back to their original logo. Maybe the skate logo on the green and blue's and they could have a hybrid jersey of both.
Blue, green, yellow, black, orange jersey works for me.

That would define Vancouver.
Was talking with Matty Ice at work this morning about those jerseys and we both said the only thing missing in that game was Pavel Bure. I think in today's open space style of play his speed might be even more prevalent.
A prime-era Bure would be awesome to see in today’s game. Not sure how many goals he’d score—there aren’t as many weak goaltenders today as there were in the 90s, but then again no one would be waterskiing behind him, either.

I’d put the over/under at 59.

Scruffy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:45 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Blue, green, yellow, black, orange jersey works for me.

That would define Vancouver.
Was talking with Matty Ice at work this morning about those jerseys and we both said the only thing missing in that game was Pavel Bure. I think in today's open space style of play his speed might be even more prevalent.
A prime-era Bure would be awesome to see in today’s game. Not sure how many goals he’d score—there aren’t as many weak goaltenders today as there were in the 90s, but then again no one would be waterskiing behind him, either.

I’d put the over/under at 59.
Agree!

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:15 pmSMH.

he's always done this. the DoPS wont do shit about it either.
Time for somebody to man up & do a Wayne Maki on Marchand.
(Had to google that...im 35)

More relevant would be todd bertuzzi/steve moore incident...but i wish that on no one.

That was/is/always will be a permanent stain on the nhl
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:24 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm
he's always done this. the DoPS wont do shit about it either.

More relevant would be todd bertuzzi/steve moore incident...but i wish that on no one.

Marchand is a stain too.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:24 am

Marchand is a stain too.
Cannot agree more
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou