Re: News and Games around the NHL

People watching today might not realize what a big deal Ilya Kovalchuk was in the 2000's, too, or when Jason Spezza was a bona-fide point-per-game scoring threat. They're both shadows of what they used to be.

Jason Allison is another forgotten name from that decade as well.

Likewise Mats Sundin. He was kind of a big deal back then, too, who retired in 2009.

Marcus Naslund was another player who retired in 2009 who had some great years, especially in Vancouver.

And who could forget Olaf "Olie the goalie" Kolzig and J.S. Giguerre in net?

And they've probably heard of Chris Pronger and Al MacInnis, being Blues fans, but what about Sergei Gonchar and Rob Blake, two of my favorites as well.

Stars just fired Montgomery. This statement makes it sound like they're trying to get out in front of some misconduct allegations...

"The Dallas Stars expect all of our employees to act with integrity and exhibit professional behavior while working for and representing our organization. This decision was made due to unprofessional conduct inconsistent with the core values and beliefs of the Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League."

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/jim-mont ... -312388186

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:41 am Stars just fired Montgomery. This statement makes it sound like they're trying to get out in front of some misconduct allegations...

"The Dallas Stars expect all of our employees to act with integrity and exhibit professional behavior while working for and representing our organization. This decision was made due to unprofessional conduct inconsistent with the core values and beliefs of the Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League."

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/jim-mont ... -312388186
Certainly an interesting development. I thought he was going to be canned from their dreadful start, but they turned it around just in time to save his job long enough for him to eff it all up himself.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I read that as "he didn't hit anybody or use any racial/ethnic slurs". If he were just an asshole he'd still be around. There are plenty of possibilities that fall under "unprofessional conduct", but how many that aren't categorized as abuse that would warrant the firing of a damn good coach.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

So somebody called Bettman’s 1-800-ButtHurt hotline and dished out dirt on Montgomery....shocker
As the great Ken Hitchcock said...
“They’re coming for everybody”
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 am So somebody called Bettman’s 1-800-ButtHurt hotline and dished out dirt on Montgomery....shocker
I have a feeling this will fall into another category. LeBrun/Dreger have said this doesn't fall under the whistle-blower thing they're trying to roll out. This sounds to me like its something that has nothing to do with what he does behind the bench or in the locker room. Every player I've heard talk about Montgomery raves about him. I have no specific insights on this of course, but I have the feeling this is a very off the ice situation.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:38 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 am So somebody called Bettman’s 1-800-ButtHurt hotline and dished out dirt on Montgomery....shocker
I have a feeling this will fall into another category. LeBrun/Dreger have said this doesn't fall under the whistle-blower thing they're trying to roll out. This sounds to me like its something that has nothing to do with what he does behind the bench or in the locker room. Every player I've heard talk about Montgomery raves about him. I have no specific insights on this of course, but I have the feeling this is a very off the ice situation.
Some kind of misconduct with a woman is my bet.
KA-KAW!