Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 pm Some history you have there Vancouver.
Big night for Burrows, he also joined my Ring of Hate. Joining the likes of Kirk Maltby, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brad Marchant.
His "slay the dragon" goal against Chicago in 2011 was basically Vancouver's Brouwer game winner turned to 11.

Not to mention, one of the all time great ball hockey players. Still a POS.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 am Wait, did they just retire Burrows number? WTF? That would be like the Blues retiring Scott Young's number.
Canuck fans are going to be pretty embarrassed about this in a few years.. I can't even make a Blues comparison, Scott Young had a couple really good seasons in St. Louis at least. Burrows just had the Sedins bank shots in off his shin pads once in a while in between dives and bites.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Cayden Primeau making his NHL debut tonight....son of former NHL’er Keith Primeau. Cayden was a 7th round pick in 2017....that’s a very quick debut! I know Keith personally so I’m extremely happy for the Primeau family tonight.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 pm Cayden Primeau making his NHL debut tonight....son of former NHL’er Keith Primeau. Cayden was a 7th round pick in 2017....that’s a very quick debut! I know Keith personally so I’m extremely happy for the Primeau family tonight.
Always enjoyed Keith and Wayne's game. Cayden took the L tonight but stopped 32 of 35. Crazy to think a 7th round goalie made it to the show that quickly.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 pm Some history you have there Vancouver.
Had to check his stats to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. He was a four time 20-goal scorer. Played over 800 games with Vancouver and averaged a little under half a point a game.

For comparison, his stats were somewhere between Patrik Berglund and Alex Steen’s. Closer to Berglund.

I can see wanting to honor a guy who was a reasonably big part of their most recent glory days, and 800 games with one franchise is impressive. But at the same time, Alex Burrows was a fucking scumbag.

Happy Holidays everyone :)

Some good ones in here:

________________________________________________________________________________
NHL Power Rankings: 1-31 poll, plus every team as a holiday toy

The holiday shopping season is upon us, which means you're undoubtedly searching for the perfect toy for the young ones in your life. The toy they'll lose their minds over for one day, play with occasionally for the next month and then shuffle under the bed with the rest of the forgotten fads.

("Toy Story" was a documentary.)

For the NHL Power Rankings this week, we've decided to match up all 31 teams with a classic or modern holiday toy that best defines them.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/282 ... oliday-toy

(my favorite 4, they are all very good, but these made me lol...ha ha.)

4. St. Louis Blues
Previous ranking: 4

Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine. Grinding the ice into shavings through brute force rather than battery-operated machinery. Craig Berube would be proud.

5. Edmonton Oilers
Previous ranking: 5

Fuzzy Dice. Two oversized, colorful, attention-grabbing things that you're more than happy to roll with. And nothing else, to be honest.

13. Pittsburgh Penguins
Previous ranking: 12

Heelys. Those shoes with the wheels in them. Extremely fun to watch. High rate of injury. Such are the Penguins.

18. Toronto Maple Leafs
Previous ranking: 19

That empty Star Wars box. In 1977, toymakers were caught off guard by the success of "Star Wars," to the point where they didn't have action figures ready for that holiday season. They sold empty boxes with images of Luke and Leia and Stormtroopers on it as a "promise" that eventually you'd get them. In summary: something that looks incredible on the package, but then you realize there might be nothing on the inside. So, anyway, the Leafs.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Brad Richards

Ziggy Palffy
-Blues related pick is Andy McDonald. Huge role on that 07 Ducks Cup winner. When the Blues made that crazy run to the playoffs in 09, I remember him being the only one that had a clue what to do on that stage.
-Vincent Lecavalier- "Kids" just remember the end of his career when he was defined by his huge contract. He kicked ass in 2000-2010.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Brad Richards

Ziggy Palffy
Great picks.

Evgeni Nabokov

Milan Hejduk

Ales Hemsky

Patrik Elias
He was always overshadowed by his Hall of Fame teammates but damn was he good.

Reminded me of another name that has been named yet, Dany Heatley. Man did he ever have a truly great 5-6 stretch of hockey for Ottawa.
Just a Russian propaganda account