Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:14 pm I can’t believe he’s that much in demand from other NHL teams.
The Coyotes organization has a whole has been a headache for the league for awhile with all of the issues. I'm not sure what the answer is at this point but maybe just a good ole fresh start in a new city. Stop forcing hockey in warm weather transient cities.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:07 am So 12 players from one baseball team have already tested positive for Covid and it could end the season as quickly as it began. Who would've thought that Gary Bettman would somehow handle a situation better than another league? The bubble method is the only way to go.
Right now Bettman is at worst the second best of the 4 major sports Commissioners. 2020!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:07 am So 12 players from one baseball team have already tested positive for Covid and it could end the season as quickly as it began. Who would've thought that Gary Bettman would somehow handle a situation better than another league? The bubble method is the only way to go.
Right now Bettman is at worst the second best of the 4 major sports Commissioners. 2020!
The NBA guy is pretty good but it’s the NBA , you can’t possibly mess that up.
Bettman is definitely up there with him.
I’d put MLS Commish Don Garber in 3rd
Manfred is a terrible commish for MLB
Goodell doesn’t have any choice but to be hated ...I understand that.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:14 pm I can’t believe he’s that much in demand from other NHL teams.
Just takes one. The Buffalo rumors make a lot of sense to me given the timing, the Pegulas MO, and what ended up happening there. I know Friedman mentioned NJ as well, but seems like that could've just been a call to see if he was available.

So it sounds like the Chayka situation possibly involved the Devils and they might have had him in mind for more than just the Devils. There were rumors of the Crystal Palace football club too? Anybody else hear or read that ? One of the guys that owns the Devils also owns Crystal Palace and the 76ers.
Who the hell does John Chayka have pics of? The Coyotes still suck after 4 years of him running the show. Did he make any good trades? I don’t get it at all.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:23 pm So it sounds like the Chayka situation possibly involved the Devils and they might have had him in mind for more than just the Devils. There were rumors of the Crystal Palace football club too? Anybody else hear or read that ? One of the guys that owns the Devils also owns Crystal Palace and the 76ers.
Who the hell does John Chayka have pics of? The Coyotes still suck after 4 years of him running the show. Did he make any good trades? I don’t get it at all.
He acquired Datsyk and a first for Joe Vitale and some later picks, that's the fleecing of a lifetime ;). But yeah I saw that NJ report too. What's interesting is that the analytics community doesn't really count Chayka as one of their own. He's never really "showed his work" from a fancy stats perspective, just seems to know how to use excel and talk to higher-ups. Handy skills, no doubt, but I don't know that the team is any better off than they were 4 years ago. I assume their prospect pool must be decent, but have no idea.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:54 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:23 pm So it sounds like the Chayka situation possibly involved the Devils and they might have had him in mind for more than just the Devils. There were rumors of the Crystal Palace football club too? Anybody else hear or read that ? One of the guys that owns the Devils also owns Crystal Palace and the 76ers.
He acquired Datsyk and a first for Joe Vitale and some later picks, that's the fleecing of a lifetime ;). But yeah I saw that NJ report too. What's interesting is that the analytics community doesn't really count Chayka as one of their own. He's never really "showed his work" from a fancy stats perspective, just seems to know how to use excel and talk to higher-ups. Handy skills, no doubt, but I don't know that the team is any better off than they were 4 years ago. I assume their prospect pool must be decent, but have no idea.
They’ve got a few good prospects still coming so the cupboard isn’t completely bare.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:36 pmi thought the yotes were owned by the NHL which is why the Jets had to ask to use their old franchise logo or something
The League sold the Coyotes in 2013. While you were sleeping.
That was the lockout season, I think most of us slept through it.
I was pretty surprised they found new owners to keep them in PHX at that point.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:16 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm
The League sold the Coyotes in 2013. While you were sleeping.
And they just found another. Andrew Barroway who purchased the team in 2013 sold a majority stake to another Billionaire, Alex Merulo, last year. Merulo apparently really liked Chayka and his process. That's why he's so pissed he's leaving. I just hope that the team is a little more exciting on the ice by the time they arrive in the Central Division in 2021-22. They don't have to be good, just exciting. We already have Minnesota in the division to provide forgettable match-ups 7 times a year.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:00 am
T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:38 am so, seems crazy to say this, but there are hockey games today. holy fuck.
Hell yeah.
Pens-Flyers at 3
Habs-Leafs at 7
Oilers-Flames at 9:30
Let's fucking go!
Damn, I didn't know that. I tell ya, I saw Berube on the news last night sitting down talking to the media. That guy is so cool, there is no doubt in my mind he's going to lead this team to the Cup again. There isn't another coach in the league that has Berube's moxie. Back to back coming soon ------- Fuck you Chicago...........Yzerman/Detroit, and the rest of the NHL.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:35 am

And they just found another. Andrew Barroway who purchased the team in 2013 sold a majority stake to another Billionaire, Alex Merulo, last year. Merulo apparently really liked Chayka and his process. That's why he's so pissed he's leaving. I just hope that the team is a little more exciting on the ice by the time they arrive in the Central Division in 2021-22. They don't have to be good, just exciting. We already have Minnesota in the division to provide forgettable match-ups 7 times a year.
Minny and the Yotes in our division. Great 8 games a year where they decide to give their all will be against the Blues. lol
T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:38 am so, seems crazy to say this, but there are hockey games today. holy fuck.
So ready for some hockey! Time to see if the new VPN will allow me to circumvent the black on NHL.tv.

We already have Minnesota in the division to provide forgettable match-ups 7 times a year.
Blues and North Stars was always great shit. It's the fuck'n name WILD that kills the whole rivalry aspect. Such a terrible name. It's a WNBA name.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 pm

We already have Minnesota in the division to provide forgettable match-ups 7 times a year.
Blues and North Stars was always great shit. It's the fuck'n name WILD that kills the whole rivalry aspect. Such a terrible name. It's a WNBA name.
The name sucks, for sure, but that's not the boring part. There are lots of boring names in the league. They have good players but no stars (pun always intended). They never play exciting hockey stylistically. They're never particularly good or bad. They're basically the Blues during the 25 year playoff run without the Hall of Famers (long term or cameo), or exciting characters. They're the NHL's version of plain toast, no jelly, no butter. Sure I'll eat it, but the whole time I'm just going to be wishing I had something else instead.

I loved the North Stars...great name, logo and colors. I absolutely hate the Wild and will never forgive them for not going with Minnesota Northern Lights which was one of the final options. I wanted that name so damn bad and they went with the goddamn Wild. I hate them forever and hope they never win a Stanley Cup.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:18 pm I loved the North Stars...great name, logo and colors. I absolutely hate the Wild and will never forgive them for not going with Minnesota Northern Lights which was one of the final options. I wanted that name so damn bad and they went with the goddamn Wild. I hate them forever and hope they never win a Stanley Cup.
You're kidding? Northern Lights was in contention and they didn't go with that. Holy Shit! Who the fuck made that decision? How stupid can you be?

I did hear once, and only once, that Dallas was going to be called the Lone Stars, and I think that would of been great and better than just going with Stars.