Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:43 pm All the best.

Sounds like it's not health related. In that case I like the idea of him looking at the team's cap situation, their prospect pipeline, then his collection of rings and saying...that's it for me everybody!
Timely exits are important....Sammy Davis had it.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:43 pm All the best.

Sounds like it's not health related. In that case I like the idea of him looking at the team's cap situation, their prospect pipeline, then his collection of rings and saying...that's it for me everybody!
Yep. Pens are in deep shit for the near future. They had a great run with Crosby/Geno and got three cups out of it. Probably could have had another if Sid hadn't been hurt so much a decade ago. Jesus, time is flying.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm Still doesn’t make sense to me that Rutherford walks away 2 weeks into the new season. And Pens were starting to play good. Weird.
Rutherford is a little older. Hope it's nothing health/mental decline related. Maybe he's just feeling too old for this shit?
I know I plan on being retired before my 70s.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm Still doesn’t make sense to me that Rutherford walks away 2 weeks into the new season. And Pens were starting to play good. Weird.
someone found a clip of him calling another human a "ruffian" 45 years ago they are going to leak. he was pressured to step down so the entire organization doesn't take the PR hit. they will secretly be going through further sensitivity training and a 2-day seminar on the history of ruffians and their proper place in society.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:57 am Just because I know he was always of interest when available to a lot of us here.

Tyler Toffoli in 7 games has 6 goals and 3 assist. This after having 6 goals in 10 games with Vancouver after getting out of LA. Dudes a stud.

Kings wasted his talent.
I balked at the idea of overpaying for him either at the deadline or as a UFA last season. Oops.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:57 am Just because I know he was always of interest when available to a lot of us here.

Tyler Toffoli in 7 games has 6 goals and 3 assist. This after having 6 goals in 10 games with Vancouver after getting out of LA. Dudes a stud.

Kings wasted his talent.
That's how I felt about the Blues with Oshie. I think the Blues should of cultivated Oshie more into a trigger guy. Guy has a great shot. Instead he was a do it all energy guy. Should of focused him more on being a goal scorer IMO.

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 am I guess with Perron, Thomas/Bozak, Kyrou, Blues didn't feel need for a Toffoli or a Bobby Ryan, who has been playing well too.
I'm sure Armstrong inquired about Toffoli this summer, but interest has to go both ways. The Blues had to use the PTO loophole on Hoffman, and I bet a guy like Toffoli had no interest in those shenanigans. Besides maybe he loved the idea of playing in Montreal. He would've been a great fit here in hindsight (hindsight for me, but was predicted by the smarter posters on here), but kinda tricky to make work.

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 am

Kings wasted his talent.
That's how I felt about the Blues with Oshie. I think the Blues should of cultivated Oshie more into a trigger guy. Guy has a great shot. Instead he was a do it all energy guy. Should of focused him more on being a goal scorer IMO.
Oshie had off-ice issues that were far more prevalent to his lack of success here than anything the Blues did or didn't do. There's a reason he had all that energy.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:58 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 am

Kings wasted his talent.
Oshie had off-ice issues that were far more prevalent to his lack of success here than anything the Blues did or didn't do. There's a reason he had all that energy.
Yeah I also think Oshie was just the fall guy for that era's playoff failure. It could've been a lot of guys, but Oshie was the easiest to move.

Matangama wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:54 pm Tim, if the Blues traded for Konecny, you would be hard to live with!
My wife would tell you i'm hard to live with regardless of that trade. I would do that trade too....I wouldn't even hesitate. See ya Vladi.
One thing I am though is loyal to my players...you gotta give me credit for that!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm
Matangama wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:54 pm Tim, if the Blues traded for Konecny, you would be hard to live with!
My wife would tell you i'm hard to live with regardless of that trade. I would do that trade too....I wouldn't even hesitate. See ya Vladi.
One thing I am though is loyal to my players...you gotta give me credit for that!
But would you do Thomas and Vlady
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:02 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm
But would you do Thomas and Vlady
Hell no

"Suck a dick Johansen"