Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:22 am Dubois did not see another shift the rest of the game including OT. 3:55 of ice time. It's gotten ugly.

I wish I could take a nice relaxing skate like this before turning in for the night.
Oh yeah, I don't blame Torts at all and he's certainly not the coach to mess with. I get the kid doesn't want to be there, but if you don't have enough pride to still give SOME effort for yourself and the people in that locker room then just sit on the bench. I don't really expect to see him in a CBJ uniform again. Loser mentality.
In an ideal world, I'd like to see PLD traded AND Torts fired. I don't really care about Columbus at all, and what little feelings I do have towards the organization are negative dating back to soccergate and proximity to Ohio State. This whole situation is just the NHL drama I need to get me through the winter. If PLD wants to end up in a bigger market as some have speculated, I hope he ends up somewhere like Winnepeg.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 am

In an ideal world, I'd like to see PLD traded AND Torts fired. I don't really care about Columbus at all, and what little feelings I do have towards the organization are negative dating back to soccergate and proximity to Ohio State. This whole situation is just the NHL drama I need to get me through the winter. If PLD wants to end up in a bigger market as some have speculated, I hope he ends up somewhere like Winnepeg.
Torts certainly has a shelf life everywhere he goes.

I wonder what the fans views are on the job Jarmo has done there. That organization is generally out of mind out of sight for me so I don't have much attention to it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:38 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 am

Torts certainly has a shelf life everywhere he goes.

I wonder what the fans views are on the job Jarmo has done there. That organization is generally out of mind out of sight for me so I don't have much attention to it.
The only time you hear about them is when a star player wants to leave town. PLD, Panarin and Bobrovsky just in the last 2 years, despite the team being pretty good. Maybe you'd have an easier time convincing guys to stay if your coach wasn't a well known asshole?

By the way I'm not counting Rick Nash leaving since the team was terrible when he was around, and clearly he wanted to leave town after Oshie destroyed him in back to back games.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:59 am When does Seth Jones decide he wants out?
That’s when Army needs to work his magic. Jones is a much better version of what Erik Johnson was supposed to be, and would anchor our D for the next decade. I really like Parayko, but I’ll take Seth Jones over almost any defenseman in the league.

Matangama wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:08 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:59 am When does Seth Jones decide he wants out?
That’s when Army needs to work his magic. Jones is a much better version of what Erik Johnson was supposed to be, and would anchor our D for the next decade. I really like Parayko, but I’ll take Seth Jones over almost any defenseman in the league.
The fact that he's going to hit UFA status as a 27-28 year old. Oh boy. Brinks trucks on money coming his way.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:58 pm So no local coverage via Fox Sports and now this???

So one of two conclusions here.

1. NBC is not going to bid on NHL in the offseason when contract expires.

2. NBC is just going to put NHL on USA and NBC proper rather than run NBCSN.

2 makes sense given that NBCSN never had much in the way of traditional sports coverage other than NHL games. They never even had a nightly NHL highlights show, which seems like an easy and obvious thing to do if you're the sole national rights holder for a sports league.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:12 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:58 pm So no local coverage via Fox Sports and now this???

2 makes sense given that NBCSN never had much in the way of traditional sports coverage other than NHL games. They never even had a nightly NHL highlights show, which seems like an easy and obvious thing to do if you're the sole national rights holder for a sports league.
That or they may move games to their subscription peacock service like they've done with EPL soccer

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:32 pm

That or they may move games to their subscription peacock service like they've done with EPL soccer
Yeah it appears that is the idea, or at least part of it. Also my assertion that they didn't have any real sports was incorrect as well, haha.

Any EPL fans on here with a review on Peacock? Isn't there some content that's fee and some that you pay for?

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:32 pm

Yeah it appears that is the idea, or at least part of it. Also my assertion that they didn't have any real sports was incorrect as well, haha.

Any EPL fans on here with a review on Peacock? Isn't there some content that's fee and some that you pay for?
I love hockey but the EPL is my favorite thing to watch. I have the peacock service and it's worth the money for someone like me. Plus The Office lover in your family, and evert family has at least 1, will appreciate it.

Dreger just said on the 1st period intermission of the Leafs game that a deal for Dubois is being worked on and he expects a deal maybe tomorrow or by end of weekend. Some teams have been told they're out...others told they are in. Only team he mentioned was Winnipeg.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pm Well looks like I’m getting a new tv tomorrow. 2018 Samsung and it’s already toast.
AEF3EC53-41AD-4350-81DD-BBCACA75F5BD.jpeg
Nooooooooo, that blows. The last time I bought a TV I took it out of the box, took a while to mount it, plugged it in and......absolutely massive spiderweb crack across half the screen. I got a replacement no questions asked but damn was I furious in that moment. I made sure to plug in the replacement and check it out before I mounted it though, haha.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:47 pm Dreger just said on the 1st period intermission of the Leafs game that a deal for Dubois is being worked on and he expects a deal maybe tomorrow or by end of weekend. Some teams have been told they're out...others told they are in. Only team he mentioned was Winnipeg.
Laine and Torts.....HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:04 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:47 pm Dreger just said on the 1st period intermission of the Leafs game that a deal for Dubois is being worked on and he expects a deal maybe tomorrow or by end of weekend. Some teams have been told they're out...others told they are in. Only team he mentioned was Winnipeg.
Laine and Torts.....HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just don't see how the Jets are a good match here...

"Suck a dick Johansen"

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:02 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 amI wish I could take a nice relaxing skate like this before turning in for the night.
In his defense, PLD did try to steal the puck away from teammate Dean Kukan back at the end redline. Hard to keep your timing crisp with so little ice time.
How could you not bench him after a lazy ass shift like that?

And then Army swings the deal :lol:

When you least expect it...................

You know, I really think with this Divisional play, a lot of the teams that you would expect to be bad, might actually be in the race and make things tight. It’s all about matchups, and with the familiarity of playing each other and knowing your competition, who knows. Just a thought.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pmWell looks like I’m getting a new tv tomorrow. 2018 Samsung and it’s already toast.
That NEVER happens on my 17-inch Sansaiyungpuh tube TV. Though the picture does have an ever-changing color halo around the 10-inch image roughly in the center.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pmWell looks like I’m getting a new tv tomorrow. 2018 Samsung and it’s already toast.
That NEVER happens on my 17-inch Sansaiyungpuh tube TV. Though the picture does have an ever-changing color halo around the 10-inch image roughly in the center.
Might have to pick that one up. i've been through two tv's in 7 years with these flat panels. I had a Vizio that crapped out after 3.5 years and now this Samsung. I've been doing nothing but watching and reading TV reviews for 2 days and I still don't know what to buy.

"Suck a dick Johansen"