Re: News and Games around the NHL

Interesting read: "Behind the scenes with a 2020 NHL playoff soundboard operator - Greg Wyshynski,
ESPN - The fans' volume increased as Vegas Golden Knights forward Alex Tuch raced into the Colorado Avalanche zone during overtime. They let out a jubilant roar when he snapped a shot over goalie Philipp Grubauer to win the game and earn his team the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference half of the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Tuch didn't acknowledge the crowd as he celebrated because there was no crowd to acknowledge. The stands in the arena in Edmonton, Alberta, were empty, as they've been for every game of the NHL's restarted season in two Canadian hub cities. The cheering he heard in the arena -- and that fans heard as they watched the broadcast -- was synthetically created by computer software, a mixing board and a man whose task it is to make playoff hockey feel as normal as possible under the most abnormal of circumstances..."

Read more: https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/296 ... d-operator
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am Interesting read: "Behind the scenes with a 2020 NHL playoff soundboard operator - Greg Wyshynski,
ESPN - The fans' volume increased as Vegas Golden Knights forward Alex Tuch raced into the Colorado Avalanche zone during overtime. They let out a jubilant roar when he snapped a shot over goalie Philipp Grubauer to win the game and earn his team the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference half of the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Tuch didn't acknowledge the crowd as he celebrated because there was no crowd to acknowledge. The stands in the arena in Edmonton, Alberta, were empty, as they've been for every game of the NHL's restarted season in two Canadian hub cities. The cheering he heard in the arena -- and that fans heard as they watched the broadcast -- was synthetically created by computer software, a mixing board and a man whose task it is to make playoff hockey feel as normal as possible under the most abnormal of circumstances..."

I'm good with ending the artificial fan noises, I find it distracting, because it's just not the same.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:26 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am Interesting read: "Behind the scenes with a 2020 NHL playoff soundboard operator - Greg Wyshynski,

I'm good with ending the artificial fan noises, I find it distracting, because it's just not the same.
I hate that garbage.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:28 am

I hate that garbage.
I like it personally. It hasn't been overdone IMHO, but I can understand why some don't like it.

Edit: Not like listening to 'real crowds' is never annoying ;) (SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOOOOOOOOOT THHEEEEEEE PUCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I hated it in theory before the games started, but they're doing a fine job with it, so I don't mind.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 am

I hate that garbage.
I like it personally. It hasn't been overdone IMHO, but I can understand why some don't like it.

Edit: Not like listening to 'real crowds' is never annoying ;) (SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOT THE PUCK SHOOOOOOOOOOT THHEEEEEEE PUCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!)
If they want to use it, then they should use it properly. There isn't a massive goal celebration after every goal. Give the home team their experience and ambience then. If a team sucks over a period or the visiting team scores I want to hear boos.

They're trying to make it into a video game.

They should also have brought in the home ice PA announcers for every team's home games.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 am

I hate that garbage.

If they want to use it, then they should use it properly. There isn't a massive goal celebration after every goal. Give the home team their experience and ambience then. If a team sucks over a period or the visiting team scores I want to hear boos.

They're trying to make it into a video game.

They should also have brought in the home ice PA announcers for every team's home games.
this. if you are going to declare someone a home team, then fucking act like it. and yeah, PA announcers - who is that for? there is no one in the arena. fucking stupid. same as the "hype" stuff the put on the scoreboard. turn it all off and play the goddamn game with real on-ice audio. like how HD radio provides alternate audio options per station, give adults an option to choose this. no announcers or commentators, just live mics.

Very happy for Fabs. Sucks that he couldn’t have been the player we thought he was gonna be here. He owes Army about 10% of that too for putting him in a situation to where he could just focus on his own numbers to get this payday.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:06 pm Very happy for Fabs. Sucks that he couldn’t have been the player we thought he was gonna be here. He owes Army about 10% of that too for putting him in a situation to where he could just focus on his own numbers to get this payday.
I agree, Tim. Army did him a solid. We see those stories and polls how Army is tough For agents to deal with, but he definitely did Fabbri a favor.

Matangama wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:54 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:06 pm Very happy for Fabs. Sucks that he couldn’t have been the player we thought he was gonna be here. He owes Army about 10% of that too for putting him in a situation to where he could just focus on his own numbers to get this payday.
I agree, Tim. Army did him a solid. We see those stories and polls how Army is tough For agents to deal with, but he definitely did Fabbri a favor.
Fabbri definitely needed that favor after getting passed by here. Could've been worse for him, riding it out in the "A."

Matangama wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:09 am I can’t wait to see how Dubas and Shanahan fuck up this summer! The fact that Nylander isn’t the first guy traded this summer is surprising. He must have pictures of Dubas.
They are gonna need to make other moves for sure. I sure would like to have that 15th overall pick though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"