Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:44 amA very rough week for a pair of all-time greats. 5, Cups, 3 Art Ross, 2 Harts, 1 Conn Smythe, and the leading scorer in Habs history...all while having a cigarette between each intermission. The Habs won the Cup in 1971, but Sam Pollack managed to swindle the California Golden Seals out of the first overall pick that summer. Ultimately they had to decide between two future Hall of Famers and Quebec natives in LaFluer and Marcel Dionne. They made their choice and the rest is history. Towards the end of LaFluer's career, after he'd taken 3 years off in the late 80s he was traded from the Rangers to the Nordiques for a 5th round pick. By late 80s standards, that's not much of a return for a legend even if he was past his prime, right? With that pick the Rangers selected future Hall of Famer Sergei Zubov.

RIP
Your American is showing Dave. The iconic surname was Lafleur. You should've stuck with Bossie. ;)
In my defense, I wrote that before I started drinking.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:16 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:44 amA very rough week for a pair of all-time greats. 5, Cups, 3 Art Ross, 2 Harts, 1 Conn Smythe, and the leading scorer in Habs history...all while having a cigarette between each intermission. The Habs won the Cup in 1971, but Sam Pollack managed to swindle the California Golden Seals out of the first overall pick that summer. Ultimately they had to decide between two future Hall of Famers and Quebec natives in LaFluer and Marcel Dionne. They made their choice and the rest is history. Towards the end of LaFluer's career, after he'd taken 3 years off in the late 80s he was traded from the Rangers to the Nordiques for a 5th round pick. By late 80s standards, that's not much of a return for a legend even if he was past his prime, right? With that pick the Rangers selected future Hall of Famer Sergei Zubov.

RIP
Your American is showing Dave. The iconic surname was Lafleur. You should've stuck with Bossie. ;)
In my defense, I wrote that before I started drinking.
Explains it all. Back to the bar with you.

BillP. wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 am Faulk is a plus 48 on a team that gives up at least 3 goals regularly. That's pretty good to say the least. Petro's best season ever has been a plus 20.
Plus minus is the best stat in sports because if it helps our agenda we get to use it but if it hurts it we get to call it a team stat and dismiss it. It’s undefeated

Faulk is a -49 for his career, Petro is +102
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:29 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 am Faulk is a plus 48 on a team that gives up at least 3 goals regularly. That's pretty good to say the least. Petro's best season ever has been a plus 20.
Plus minus is the best stat in sports because if it helps our agenda we get to use it but if it hurts it we get to call it a team stat and dismiss it. It’s undefeated
It's the best stat in life too.

T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 pm

Also cool. Don't give a rip about the Leafs, but Matthews is a fun player.
As in, ever? For that historic franchise, that’s insane. Wow.
Pretty wild, right? For all the belly aching from some fans about how Matthews is only the Hart Trophy favorite because of Toronto media bias, it should be pointed out that the last time a Leaf won the Hart was Ted Kennedy (not that one) in 1955.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!