Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:44 am I haven't watched any Montreal games this year that I recall but was curious are they legit this bad? Is it just the loss of Price and Jake Allen has been bad or is the whole team just shit? Allen is 5-15 with a GAA over 3.
They are bad….no Price or Weber and they lost their best defensive forward in Danault. They are tanking for a shot at Shane Wright. There is no way the league wants that kid in Phoenix so you can bet the house that Montreal is winning that lottery.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:07 pm WTF, Tage Thompson has 12 goals? Is this fools gold or is he really turning into something?
I was never a fan of Tage but I’m glad he’s playing well. Buffalo needed something out of that trade. He always had a great shot.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:55 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:44 am I haven't watched any Montreal games this year that I recall but was curious are they legit this bad? Is it just the loss of Price and Jake Allen has been bad or is the whole team just shit? Allen is 5-15 with a GAA over 3.
They are bad….no Price or Weber and they lost their best defensive forward in Danault. They are tanking for a shot at Shane Wright. There is no way the league wants that kid in Phoenix so you can bet the house that Montreal is winning that lottery.

I would have no issues with the league rigging it to keep Wright out of Arizona. We need to rescue Clayton Keller
Just a Russian propaganda account

They lost their starting goalie, number 1 D, best defensive center, and Kotkaniemi (which is a marginal loss). They weren't ever really that good last regular season but Price went nuts in the playoff run. Plus they're in a division MUCH tougher than the Canadian division of last season. Mix all that together with some injuries and you get most of what you see now.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:12 pm

I would have no issues with the league rigging it to keep Wright out of Arizona. We need to rescue Clayton Keller
Fully on board with bringing Keller home.

T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:14 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:12 pm

Fully on board with bringing Keller home.
Just so he wouldn't kill us every game like Chris Stewart did on Colorado.

As the resident Pens fan I have to pump the tires of one Evan Rodrigues. Career journeyman thriving this season on pace for nearly 70 points. Hat trick the other day. God damn Penguins just seem to find guys that can play. I never saw much of him in Buffalo but so far he’s been great in Pittsburgh.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:04 am As the resident Pens fan I have to pump the tires of one Evan Rodrigues. Career journeyman thriving this season on pace for nearly 70 points. Hat trick the other day. God damn Penguins just seem to find guys that can play. I never saw much of him in Buffalo but so far he’s been great in Pittsburgh.
It's pretty wild when you compare their lines 2-4 vs the Blues.

Their line combos last game were

Danton Heinen Evan Rodrigues Dominik Simon
Zach Anton-Reese Drew O'Connor Brock McGinn
Kasper Bjorkqvist Radim Zohorna Sam Lafferty

I dont know any of those dudes hardly and yet they are still currently a playoff team

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:48 am
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:04 am As the resident Pens fan I have to pump the tires of one Evan Rodrigues. Career journeyman thriving this season on pace for nearly 70 points. Hat trick the other day. God damn Penguins just seem to find guys that can play. I never saw much of him in Buffalo but so far he’s been great in Pittsburgh.
It's pretty wild when you compare their lines 2-4 vs the Blues.

Their line combos last game were

Danton Heinen Evan Rodrigues Dominik Simon
Zach Anton-Reese Drew O'Connor Brock McGinn
Kasper Bjorkqvist Radim Zohorna Sam Lafferty

I dont know any of those dudes hardly and yet they are still currently a playoff team
Yeah they’ve had injury issues all year. The scoring depth isnt great but they’re getting little contributions from everyone. Overall their team D is fantastic and Jarry is a wall in goal most nights.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm McCauley has been doing that for years. I don't care if they do a dance routine as long as the call is right.
Joe West syndrome kicks in where you start making bad calls so you can do your little dance routine you’re known for because in their brain they think the fans are their to see it. Hate that the NHL is promoting him for doing it. Just seems to encourage him to up the ante.

Maybe this is “old man yells at clouds” of me but refs in general, while having a tough job, suck at the job. The best ones are the ones I don’t see or hear from. Special teams hockey is boring to me and breaks the flow of the game.

I wish they’d just go back to a single ref. ESPECIALLY when you have times where the ref closest to the play doesn’t call a penalty but the other jackwad on the ice decides he saw it better from 50 feet away. Maybe they should each just have their own half of the ice.
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:50 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm McCauley has been doing that for years. I don't care if they do a dance routine as long as the call is right.
Joe West syndrome kicks in where you start making bad calls so you can do your little dance routine you’re known for because in their brain they think the fans are their to see it. Hate that the NHL is promoting him for doing it. Just seems to encourage him to up the ante.

Maybe this is “old man yells at clouds” of me but refs in general, while having a tough job, suck at the job. The best ones are the ones I don’t see or hear from. Special teams hockey is boring to me and breaks the flow of the game.

I wish they’d just go back to a single ref.
I totally agree

I wish they’d just go back to a single ref. ESPECIALLY when you have times where the ref closest to the play doesn’t call a penalty but the other jackwad on the ice decides he saw it better from 50 feet away. Maybe they should each just have their own half of the ice.
I am pro-2 ref system. I'm not looking for a spike in cheapshots when the department of player safety is less competent than your average NHL official.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm

I am pro-2 ref system. I'm not looking for a spike in cheapshots when the department of player safety is less competent than your average NHL official.

I don’t think if you remove an official you’ll start having a rash of players taking liberties on the health of other players. It’s just not a league full of those guys anymore. The dangerous plays are always, always, high hits or hits into the boards.

Guys won’t suddenly start sucker punching players and if they do there’s easy ways to remedy that.

Going to need a better reason or I’m firing half the refs!

2 refs didn't see Scandella get cross-checked into the boards away from the puck ....2 refs didn't see the puck carrier Barbashev get taken down with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game while one was probably 10 feet away from him.... at least 3 times there was a ref in the way of a Blues player trying to exit his own zone with the puck.... 2 refs tilted the ice last night....I hate the 2 ref system