Re: News and Games around the NHL

I think it will end up being Brouwer that slots in unless they want him in MacMac's slot on the 4th line, but I would sure like to see Kyrou's speed in against the Canucks if Blais is out. Kyrou just doesn't seem to work with Schwartz and Schenn, but I would love to see him on RW with Perron and ROR. Plus, Sanford has always seemed to have more than the usual chemistry with Thomas, and Thomas could sure use a better finisher on his line than Blais and Bozak.

17-10-91
57-90-33
12-18-21
36-70-20

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:17 am Brouwer playing is good news to me. Though I’d rather see him in for Sanford, not Blais. I expect Brouwer to play himself as a keeper in this lineup.
Sanford was fourth on the team in goals, despite missing about 10 games. He's skinny but he's carved out a role. Brouwer has played well, but we need baby Barbashev to get here fast.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:21 am

Love that they're throwing it back to the LaFontaine/Mogilny era. Those were pretty much my favorite jerseys at the time. I think there's something missing on the home jerseys with the bare shoulders, but the white jersey is just about perfect.
LaFontaine for Turgeon. That was a high profile trade....................

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:21 am

Love that they're throwing it back to the LaFontaine/Mogilny era. Those were pretty much my favorite jerseys at the time. I think there's something missing on the home jerseys with the bare shoulders, but the white jersey is just about perfect.
Beautiful jersey...such a great jersey they had and then they changed color scheme to red and black. Then they bring back the Blue and Gold and ruin it with the Buffaslug logo. Then they go back to the original logo but in that ugly navy Blue. I mean....I guess it’s all $$$ but some things should not be messed with.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am So anybody take Vancouver in their NHL.com bracket :P
Anybody have the means to set one of those up in the next couple hours?
I just set one up.

Link https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/dashboard

League is called...........................Blues News Forum - The Cool Guys...........................password is blues91

Just put the league name in the search bar and hit enter and it will come up

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:34 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am So anybody take Vancouver in their NHL.com bracket :P
I just set one up.

League is called...........................Blues News Forum - The Cool Guys...........................password is blues91

I'm in. Things got a little weird in the East.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:34 am

I just set one up.

I'm in. Things got a little weird in the East.

Thanks!

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:35 pm I guess Tim motivated me, I took the Flyers to beat Calgary in my NHL Bracket. Got both the Blues and Bruins going down in 1st rd.
I had the Flyers make the Final in another bracket, but I like Vegas. I don't trust Colorado's depth and goaltending to finish the job. Vegas is just the most complete team to me.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:46 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:35 pm I guess Tim motivated me, I took the Flyers to beat Calgary in my NHL Bracket. Got both the Blues and Bruins going down in 1st rd.
I had the Flyers make the Final in another bracket, but I like Vegas. I don't trust Colorado's depth and goaltending to finish the job. Vegas is just the most complete team to me.
I agree. I just went with a gut feeling that Calgary might be that surprise team. Colorado is overrated to me. They are not deep IMO yet people like Patrick Sharp say they are.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:11 pm Tampa and CBJ in OT! Love some real playoff OT hockey. Elsewhere, local boy punches Corey Perry in the face.

Gotta love that too.
CBJ and Tampa heading into triple OT. Dallas has come back and made a game of it..

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I'm onboard with the Flyers coming out of the East but Talbot is complete ass.....I don't think Calgary is getting there.

"Suck a dick Johansen"