Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:04 am Johansson, Erickson EK, Rossi, Bonino

Is there a team with a worst group of Centers than Minnesota?

That 4th playoff spot in our division is WIDE open. Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Wild. Take your pick
I'm not sure there is a worse group of Centers than Minnesota, but Chicago is giving them a run for their money without Dach and Toews.

I was listening to a podcast this morning and for the first time heard someone make sense of what the Wild are doing. They're loading up on skilled wingers and puck moving D, and only having their Centers worry about being defensively responsible. The idea is D get it to the wingers to get it through the zone in transition, and not putting that on the Centers plate. They called it the Vegas model after how they handled the expansion draft. I see the logic given that wingers are way cheaper than centers, but boy is that an absolute desert down the middle.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:24 am

That 4th playoff spot in our division is WIDE open. Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Wild. Take your pick
I'm not sure there is a worse group of Centers than Minnesota, but Chicago is giving them a run for their money without Dach and Toews.

I was listening to a podcast this morning and for the first time heard someone make sense of what the Wild are doing. They're loading up on skilled wingers and puck moving D, and only having their Centers worry about being defensively responsible. The idea is D get it to the wingers to get it through the zone in transition, and not putting that on the Centers plate. They called it the Vegas model after how they handled the expansion draft. I see the logic given that wingers are way cheaper than centers, but boy is that an absolute desert down the middle.
That's an interesting theory. I don't buy it working with Minny's wingers though.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:24 am

Hey, thanks for the input. That was interesting stuff you wrote. Well, we'll see if it works - ha. Having Kaprizov will be a big boost for them. They haven't had a home run hitter over there since Gaborik so maybe they got one now. If he can put 20-25 up this year, that will be a big step up for Minny.

Listening to NHL Fantasy Podcast this morning on way to work. They said the Hawks have the worst goaltending in league and that they have Chicago pegged for only 2 more wins than Detroit this year..............still have no idea what Chicago is doing. They were getting better but then tear things apart but still have Toews and Kane on team. Feed that into a computer and the PC would blow a fuse.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 am Interesting to hear Tage Thompson has been practicing on the first line with Hall and Eichel.
They also have a $9 million 4th liner in Jeff Skinner. And we complained about Steen being a pricey 4th liner. Skinners contract runs for another 37 years too. Woof.
I’m not sure there is a player I can’t stand more than Tage Thompson. I dislike him so much that I already can’t stand his younger brother Tyce either.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 am Interesting to hear Tage Thompson has been practicing on the first line with Hall and Eichel.
They also have a $9 million 4th liner in Jeff Skinner. And we complained about Steen being a pricey 4th liner. Skinners contract runs for another 37 years too. Woof.
I’m not sure there is a player I can’t stand more than Tage Thompson. I dislike him so much that I already can’t stand his younger brother Tyce either.
I have an irrational dislike of him too. I couldn't wait to see him leave the Blues.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:02 am For all you Evander Kane fans out there:
https://www.tsn.ca/report-san-jose-shar ... -1.1575922
Yikes. Don't know what happened there, but the best thing these young millionaires can do is hire a trustworthy wealth manager. The worst thing they can do is hire an untrustworthy one...or your parents if you're Jack Johnson.
He'll be playing hockey until he's 50 plus to keep the bill collectors at bay.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:02 am For all you Evander Kane fans out there:
Yikes. Don't know what happened there, but the best thing these young millionaires can do is hire a trustworthy wealth manager. The worst thing they can do is hire an untrustworthy one...or your parents if you're Jack Johnson.
Maybe I'm the asshole, but when people openly and braggadociously flaunt their wealth on social media like he did, I don't feel bad when they become easily separated from that money.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 am
Maybe I'm the asshole, but when people openly and braggadociously flaunt their wealth on social media like he did, I don't feel bad when they become easily separated from that money.
I'm that asshole.

Braggadociously?

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am
I'm that asshole.
I'm willing to concede that both of you are assholes :lol:
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!