Re: News and Games around the NHL

I have to admit, I’m at least a little intrigued about the idea of signing him, assuming he would sign a cheap deal. I still remember how good he was when Ottawa had that nice playoff run3 years ago. Fuck it, you never know......you could catch lightning in a bottle and have a great story (and a short-term replacement for Tarasenko if Ryan really rediscovers himself).

Matangama wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:34 pm Pat Maroon 1 win away from being a back 2 back Stanley Cup champion.

Former Blue and future Petro replacement Kevin Shattdueces with the OT winner
With the OT winner scored after a penalty (cough, cough, eye roll) on Jamie Benn!
Too much whining about that call by some media and now players on Sharks (whiney ass Joey P); That call was no worse than the bad calls on Point (that was not embellishment) and Maroon (just a hockey play as much as Benn's was).

My prediction: Dallas is going to come out hitting and acting foolish in game 5, and TB just owns them on the PP. But that's why Dallas sucks and loses in 5.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:34 pm Pat Maroon 1 win away from being a back 2 back Stanley Cup champion.

Former Blue and future Petro replacement Kevin Shattdueces with the OT winner
Isn’t that great for Shatty? The guy came into this season determined to put his name back on the map and mission accomplished. What a solid season he had and to be a big reason Tampa wins a Cup is just icing on the cake.

BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 amPavelski breaks record for postseason goals scored by U.S.-born player

Gets one for Stars in Game 5 win against Lightning in Cup Final, passes Mullen with 61
That settles it, Joey's gotta sign a short-term contract with the Blues for bubble playoff hockey next year & regain the record. Dude is only 63 years old, he can do it. :dancingbanana:

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 amPavelski breaks record for postseason goals scored by U.S.-born player

Gets one for Stars in Game 5 win against Lightning in Cup Final, passes Mullen with 61
That settles it, Joey's gotta sign a short-term contract with the Blues for bubble playoff hockey next year & regain the record. Dude is only 63 years old, he can do it. :dancingbanana:
Joe Mullen is 63? Fuck, that makes me feel so God damn old!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 am How will the world remember the Chris Stewart era? People thought Army was a genius for getting him and for a minute it looked like he was...then the bottom dropped out of this guy hard. What the hell happened to Stewie?

Lots of theories but the guy seemed to want to be a 4th line enforcer a lot more than he wanted to be a true scoring power forward.

He could've been Keith Tkachuk but he wanted to be Kelly Chase.
Just a Russian propaganda account