Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:28 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:44 pm

Man...I remember the days when a man could be a man. Long live the great Morris Wanchuk
Legend.
Not for nothing...according to the IMDB for the actor who played Maurice "Mo" Wanchuk, Brad Sulivan, later regretted the vulgarity he portrayed on screen in Slap Shot. I love it though.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0837976/bio ... _ov_bio_sm

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 pm Chicago is 11-6-4.................gotta give Kane and Keith a ton of credit here for keeping this team glued together cause it looked bad there to say the least.
I really wish the Blues were in that division.
I agree, but only because it would have meant that we wouldn't have had to watch 7 consecutive games against the Coyotes. No opinion otherwise.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:31 am As long as he walks in that dressing room and offends a few of those coddled babies I’m all for it.
There’s a new sheriff in town boys...his name is Darryl Sutter.
Sutter will at least give that rudderless team an identity. I kind of thought that the was this was going they'd let the season play out, then clean out the front office too. With Sutter signed for 3 years, it seems unlikely that there'll be a GM change. With that being the case, I have to imagine there are some big changes coming to that roster. A lot of those players don't strike me as Sutter style players.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:06 pm The Sutter hiring reminds me of when the Blues brought Hitch in. I think Hitch did more for this organization then he will ever get credit for.
Lover of Buffets :)

No doubt, he made Army's job a whole hell of a lot easier and is still part of that Championship even though he'll never get recognized for it.

BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:05 pm It looked like a race for 4th with Calgary and Montreal but I expect more from Flames now. Sutter is going to get this team going. Watch out!
It’s certainly possible, we’ve obviously seen how a new coach can turn a season around but I think their issues go beyond just coaching.

If nothing else, it’s a fun storyline to watch play out.
Just a Russian propaganda account