Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 am
BillP. wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:38 amAs a 20 yrs old Dman, Quinn Hughes has officially won the rookie scoring race for the season.

According to EliasSports, a rookie dman winning the rookie scoring race has only been accomplished 2 other times in the last 80 years, by Bobby Orr and Brian Leetch.
Too bad those two never amounted to much.
Unfortunately, Hughes will have an asterisk next to that award. He had 53 points in 68 games played out of VAN's 69 games. COL Cale Makar had 50 points in 57 games played out of the Avalanche's 70 games. Coulda caught him in a full season.
Well he didn't win any award, so there's no need for an asterisk. I don't know who is going to win the Calder Trophy, but they both kick ass.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:32 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:14 pmI don't know who is going to win the Calder Trophy, but they both kick ass.
the caronavirus should win it. no one else has been as effective. it's easily eliminated the entire league.
Bettman will be League MVP, for pulling off his modern day Resurrection of the 2019-20 season. The assist to Bill Daly, for pushing the rock away from the opening of tomb so Gary wouldn't have to ruin his $1000 manicure.

Dry-Saddle numbers:

The Oilers became a much more dangerous team and a legitimate threat when they moved Leon Draisaitl away from center Connor McDavid to play center on his own line Dec. 31. Edmonton went 17-8-5 with 107 goals (3.57 per game), tied for the most in the League with the Philadelphia Flyers, from Dec. 31-March 11. Draisaitl had 49 points (21 goals, 28 assists) in those 30 games. Forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who played on Draisaitl's line, had 41 points (15 goals, 26 assists) in that span and McDavid had 34 points (12 goals, 22 assists) in 23 games; the Oilers were 3-2-1 without McDavid from Feb. 11-21, when he was out because of a quad injury.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:00 pm Dry-Saddle numbers:

The Oilers became a much more dangerous team and a legitimate threat when they moved Leon Draisaitl away from center Connor McDavid to play center on his own line Dec. 31. Edmonton went 17-8-5 with 107 goals (3.57 per game), tied for the most in the League with the Philadelphia Flyers, from Dec. 31-March 11. Draisaitl had 49 points (21 goals, 28 assists) in those 30 games. Forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who played on Draisaitl's line, had 41 points (15 goals, 26 assists) in that span and McDavid had 34 points (12 goals, 22 assists) in 23 games; the Oilers were 3-2-1 without McDavid from Feb. 11-21, when he was out because of a quad injury.
He's being paid top line center money. That he'll only be the top line center on his own team due to injury was never the point. That roster only has a chance if Draisaitl could carry his own line. He emphatically answered that he could this year.

ratonmono wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:20 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm Who is the most dangerous team in the West not in the top 4? The one you definitely don't want to see the Blues play right away
Hmmm... probably Nashville. I don't think the Preds would beat us in a 7 game series but they're the most dangerous non top 4 team in the West IMO.
HM; Edmonton.
Edmonton is in the top 4. Blues, Lanche, Vegas, Oil
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm Who is the most dangerous team in the West not in the top 4? The one you definitely don't want to see the Blues play right away
Hmmm... probably Nashville. I don't think the Preds would beat us in a 7 game series but they're the most dangerous non top 4 team in the West IMO.
HM; Edmonton.
Dallas beat Edmonton out based on points percentage. They are the top seed in the play-in, facing the Hawks. Regarding the question, I could see Minnesota being frustratingly plucky, and Calgary could be trouble if Gaudreau has gotten his shit together over the pause. I was tempted to mention the Jets, but the only reason they're still alive is Hellebuyck standing on his head all year. If he's even just above average they're in trouble.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 am I heard yesterday there is no guarantee that all players will comeback to play in this. Some do not want to be away from their families...etc.
I approve of this. Justin Faulk should put his family and safety over hockey and stay home.
😂 bwahaha
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 am

HM; Edmonton.
Dallas beat Edmonton out based on points percentage. They are the top seed in the play-in, facing the Hawks. Regarding the question, I could see Minnesota being frustratingly plucky, and Calgary could be trouble if Gaudreau has gotten his shit together over the pause. I was tempted to mention the Jets, but the only reason they're still alive is Hellebuyck standing on his head all year. If he's even just above average they're in trouble.
I think the Wild could be very successful in this set up. They actually got 4 solid lines they can roll with and they got an above average defense. It'll be interesting to see if Dubnyk can win his job back or if Stalock keeps running with it. I think the goalie position might be the most interesting watch in this, at least starting out. Coaches might have a short leash with their goalies with this set up.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 am

HM; Edmonton.
Dave, here's an interesting thread found in the Poll thread on HF Boards. Draft eligible players since 2010, Team Europe vs NA. Who do you take?
I'm in the minority here as in the poll, it's like 68-20 NA. But I think Team Europe rocks here. I think they're more explosive and that PP would be unstoppable. What's your take?

TEAM EUROPE
Panarin - Draisaitl - Kucherov
Aho - Barkov - Pasternak
Rantanen - Pettersson - Laine
Kuznetsov - Zibanejad - Tarasenko

Heiskanen - Dahlin
Klingberg - Sergachev
Klefbom - Provorov

Vasilevskiy

TEAM NA
MacKinnon - McDavid - Seguin
Matthews - Eichel - Marner