Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am Ok well that took a turn. I think this is more so of a, he's a marginal NHLer anyway, lets just get rid of the distraction.

he's an idiot but good lord, I hate social justice warriors....always out to get people fired. This was an easy decision for the Capitals but its too bad it wasn't someone like Ovi, Wilson, or Carlson....those guy wouldn't have even got a slap on the wrist.. Would have been great to see the Caps deal with something like that.
I've got 4 different sets of good friends...I've got my high school buddies, I've got my after high school buddies, and i've got two sets of ex work friends...all groups I text with on a daily basis. Those texts are the only place I feel we can all just be regular dudes and don't have to put on front in public because somebody might get offended.
The best thing about this is that our young guys can learn...so we don't ever have to hear this about Thomas, Dunn, Kyrou...etc.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:41 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am Ok well that took a turn. I think this is more so of a, he's a marginal NHLer anyway, lets just get rid of the distraction.

he's an idiot but good lord, I hate social justice warriors....always out to get people fired. This was an easy decision for the Capitals but its too bad it wasn't someone like Ovi, Wilson, or Carlson....those guy wouldn't have even got a slap on the wrist.. Would have been great to see the Caps deal with something like that.
I've got 4 different sets of good friends...I've got my high school buddies, I've got my after high school buddies, and i've got two sets of ex work friends...all groups I text with on a daily basis. Those texts are the only place I feel we can all just be regular dudes and don't have to put on front in public because somebody might get offended.
The best thing about this is that our young guys can learn...so we don't ever have to hear this about Thomas, Dunn, Kyrou...etc.
Reminds me a bit of the Mark Stone situation, except a bit different because that was an actual teammate versus this of an ex teammate. If Lipshit had any roster value at all, he'd still be on the team. As you said, the easy decision was easily made.

Kane and Matthews have done worse and didn't get fired. Ovi, Carlson etc would've been fine.

We're all playing by different rules in the game of life.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:53 am

Reminds me a bit of the Mark Stone situation, except a bit different because that was an actual teammate versus this of an ex teammate. If Lipshit had any roster value at all, he'd still be on the team. As you said, the easy decision was easily made.

Kane and Matthews have done worse and didn't get fired. Ovi, Carlson etc would've been fine.

Stone or Karlsson? I can't remember anything involving Stone.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:07 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 pm I still remember being in shock when we traded Wayne Merrick for Larry Patey and Dave Hrechkosy. Merrick was a pretty good player but Patey had a solid career here.
Yeah, Merrick way more skilled than Patey, and he ended up being a key contributor to Islanders 4 Cups. I always thought it was Patey straight up for Merrick which was a head shaker. But getting Hrechkosy in deal too makes it more interesting. But unfortunately he didn’t pan out which is disappointing..................I do have a Patey story, this was a while ago, probably 2005, but I saw Patey in the runway at a hockey game and I said excuse me, are you Larry Patey and he said yes I am and we shook hands. The usher girl standing there said see, I told you someone would recognize you and he smiled. Guess I made his day, cause I’m going to guess no one else at the game knew who he was :lol:
I see him at the rink all the time on game day, and always make a point to say Hi. Seems like a really nice guy, and always appreciative of people remembering him as a player. He became a favorite of mine as I was just learning the finer points of the game in the 70s because he was probably one of the best penalty killers of his era and was always dangerous taking the play the other way shorthanded.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 am

I don’t think it’s so much about “running through chicks”, that’s certainly not exclusive to athletes..it’s more so finding out your coworkers have a group chat of them talking absolute shit on your wife. Hands would be thrown.
Granted I only perused them very quickly, but when I heard about the story I actually thought Leipsic's comments would be a lot worse. He's definitely guilty of being a douchey hockey bro, but that's a fairly common creature in an NHL locker room I imagine. He shouldn't have said it, but whoever leaked it sucks too. He'll probably take a few extra hits and maybe a fight or two and that'll be that. Or maybe everyone will forget about it by the next time the Caps and Canucks play in 2025.
Yeah, when I shared the link, I wasn't really coming at it from a moral compass look or what public blowback he should receive. I'm talking from a strictly on ice perspective. When you're lining up across a guy that randomly shit talked your wife, I'd imagine there might be some words exchanged face to face. At least I would hope so. It'll be reason enough for me to tune in.
For sure. Of course it's probably hard for any of us to imagine since it's impossible to shit talk our spouses ;)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 am

Granted I only perused them very quickly, but when I heard about the story I actually thought Leipsic's comments would be a lot worse. He's definitely guilty of being a douchey hockey bro, but that's a fairly common creature in an NHL locker room I imagine. He shouldn't have said it, but whoever leaked it sucks too. He'll probably take a few extra hits and maybe a fight or two and that'll be that. Or maybe everyone will forget about it by the next time the Caps and Canucks play in 2025.
Yeah, when I shared the link, I wasn't really coming at it from a moral compass look or what public blowback he should receive. I'm talking from a strictly on ice perspective. When you're lining up across a guy that randomly shit talked your wife, I'd imagine there might be some words exchanged face to face. At least I would hope so. It'll be reason enough for me to tune in.
For sure. Of course it's probably hard for any of us to imagine since it's impossible to shit talk our spouses ;)
Burrows was on the ice bragging about banging Backes wife ...lets not pretend hockey players are the Ned Flanders society.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:14 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 am

Burrows was on the ice bragging about banging Backes wife ...lets not pretend hockey players are the Ned Flanders society.
Right. It's a non-story if there was actually any hockey being played right now.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:04 am

I think you meant Mike Hoffman, with his insane girlfriend? That’s why Ottawa dumped his ass.

As for Leipsic, this is one of those situations I’ve heard Kelly Chase talk about in the past. Hockey is “self-policing”, so if a guy is a douchebag, the guys in the locker room generally take care of that shit pretty quickly. In this case, a professional athlete has to be a total dumb ass to not realize the dangers of social media at this point. But let him get his punishment in the locker room and on the ice. But he is such an irrelevant player, I see why the Caps didn’t want to screw with the distraction.
Last edited by Matangama on Fri May 08, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:04 am

Sorry, yes Karlsson and Hoffman. Not Stone.

Are these text messages or are they DMs on twitter/facebook/instagram etc?

If the latter, these guys are idiots. Its so easy to get hacked on basically any social media platform that saying anything even a bit off-color on them is stupid. Not too mention, anyone who works at any of the aforementioned companies has access to your messages (even though they're called "private messages") on there, as those companies actively use what you say in private messages to advertise shit to you too.

TL;DR; DMs are bad and terribly insecure, text people.

BluesSK wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:26 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 am 24 team tournament

That would be your Cup with an asterisk scenario.

You're right. Just kill this season.
Yup. If they want to name it something different and hand out a different trophy for it, go for it, it'd be fun to watch. But the winner will not be the Stanley Cup champion, even if it's the Blues.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:41 am The best thing about this is that our young guys can learn...so we don't ever have to hear this about Thomas, Dunn, Kyrou...etc.
sorry, what are you saying here? seems to me guys have no chance to learn. fuck up once and you're crucified in the court of public opinion, then fired forever. i've never seen a company/employer actually stand behind their guy for the 24-72h it would take for the SJWs to forget it and move onto the next thing. literally all you have to do is nothing. but they cave the instant a vocal minority (or more likely, persons) cries.

T.C. wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:58 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:41 am The best thing about this is that our young guys can learn...so we don't ever have to hear this about Thomas, Dunn, Kyrou...etc.
sorry, what are you saying here? seems to me guys have no chance to learn. fuck up once and you're crucified in the court of public opinion, then fired forever. i've never seen a company/employer actually stand behind their guy for the 24-72h it would take for the SJWs to forget it and move onto the next thing. literally all you have to do is nothing. but they cave the instant a vocal minority (or more likely, persons) cries.
It’s not worth the hassle for them to fuck up. That’s just the world we live in today.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

T.C. wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:58 am
Which hockey player has been fired forever for fucking up?