Re: News and Games around the NHL

ESPN Article -- Best lines of all NHL teams past 30 years

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/291 ... ic-current

St. Louis Blues
Best line: LW Sergio Momesso, C Adam Oates, RW Brett Hull

Initially, we had Geoff Courtnall here on left wing. But Oates himself told us that he remembered Courtnall playing down the lineup, and that he and Hull spent more time skating with Sergio Momesso and Gino Cavallini while dominating with the Blues. Momesso had the better numbers from 1989-90 to 1990-91, so we'll go with him. No disrespect to either of them or any winger who skated on the Blues' top line, but Oates and Hull could have carried a bag of toasted ravioli to 50 points during this portion of their careers.

Cult classic: LW David Perron, C Patrik Berglund, RW T. J. Oshie

There are few more invigorating things in hockey than when three young players come together to form an energy line that acts like a defibrillator for their team. On "The Kid Line," Oshie (39 points) and Berglund (47) were rookies; Perron (50) had one season under his belt. They averaged 2.67 goals per 60 minutes and allowed just 0.78 goals per 60. "Being on the 'kid' line was hard. [Coach] Andy Murray would come up to us every day at practice, every day, telling us he was looking for our line to make mistakes so he could stop practice [and point them out]," Oshie told ESPN. "He was an old-school coach. It was hard. But that's your role as a rookie. Take the brunt of the abuse."

Best current line: LW David Perron, C Ryan O'Reilly, RW Zach Sanford

One of the better possession lines on the defending champs and the one that played together the most (54 games). O'Reilly remains the anchor, leading the Blues with 61 points, with Perron (60) right behind him. Sanford's 30 points prior to the pause were a career high.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:01 pm ESPN Article -- Best lines of all NHL teams past 30 years

St. Louis Blues

Initially, we had Geoff Courtnall here on left wing. But Oates himself told us that he remembered Courtnall playing down the lineup, and that he and Hull spent more time skating with Sergio Momesso and Gino Cavallini while dominating with the Blues. Momesso had the better numbers from 1989-90 to 1990-91, so we'll go with him. No disrespect to either of them or any winger who skated on the Blues' top line, but Oates and Hull could have carried a bag of toasted ravioli to 50 points during this portion of their careers.

There are few more invigorating things in hockey than when three young players come together to form an energy line that acts like a defibrillator for their team. On "The Kid Line," Oshie (39 points) and Berglund (47) were rookies; Perron (50) had one season under his belt. They averaged 2.67 goals per 60 minutes and allowed just 0.78 goals per 60. "Being on the 'kid' line was hard. [Coach] Andy Murray would come up to us every day at practice, every day, telling us he was looking for our line to make mistakes so he could stop practice [and point them out]," Oshie told ESPN. "He was an old-school coach. It was hard. But that's your role as a rookie. Take the brunt of the abuse."

One of the better possession lines on the defending champs and the one that played together the most (54 games). O'Reilly remains the anchor, leading the Blues with 61 points, with Perron (60) right behind him. Sanford's 30 points prior to the pause were a career high.
nm
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:14 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:01 pm ESPN Article -- Best lines of all NHL teams past 30 years

St. Louis Blues

nm
Perron is also for sure playing RW and Sanford LW on that line too.

I can always tell how old a person is (or how long they've been a Blues fan) if they refer to the "kid line" as Berglund-Oshie-Perron. My "kid line" was Sutter-Federko-Bourbbonais, but (help me here,RobbK) I'm pretty sure the original Blues "kid line" had Tim Eccelstone and Craig Cameron on it back in the late 60s.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm I can always tell how old a person is (or how long they've been a Blues fan) if they refer to the "kid line" as Berglund-Oshie-Perron. My "kid line" was Sutter-Federko-Bourbbonais, but (help me here,RobbK) I'm pretty sure the original Blues "kid line" had Tim Eccelstone and Craig Cameron on it back in the late 60s.
Federko, Sutter and Bourbonnais was my original kid line too.
Its amazing what I remember from back then. I still remember Dave Hrechkosy’s Blues debut on tv. I remember them focusing on him in the pregame and showing him during the pregame skate. I can still picture that!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm... Its amazing what I remember from back then. I still remember Dave Hrechkosy’s Blues debut on tv. I remember them focusing on him in the pregame and showing him during the pregame skate. I can still picture that!
I'll bet @Turk Sanderson can remember it as vividly as you can. But he can't remember when he had his last BM. His home healthcare professional has to chart it for him.

NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm I can always tell how old a person is (or how long they've been a Blues fan) if they refer to the "kid line" as Berglund-Oshie-Perron. My "kid line" was Sutter-Federko-Bourbbonais, but (help me here,RobbK) I'm pretty sure the original Blues "kid line" had Tim Eccelstone and Craig Cameron on it back in the late 60s.
Its amazing what I remember from back then. I still remember Dave Hrechkosy’s Blues debut on tv. I remember them focusing on him in the pregame and showing him during the pregame skate. I can still picture that!
Got the California Golden Seal team leaders hockey card with Hrechkosy the goal leader at 25 on it. He scored the tying goal late in 3rd period in Buffalo to force OT in the 3rd and deciding game. Can’t believe someone on here mentions Dave Hrechkosy. Amazing! Too bad he didn’t make it here.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:38 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Got the California Golden Seal team leaders hockey card with Hrechkosy the goal leader at 25 on it. He scored the tying goal late in 3rd period in Buffalo to force OT in the 3rd and deciding game. Can’t believe someone on here mentions Dave Hrechkosy. Amazing! Too bad he didn’t make it here.
"I was sent down here to entertain all you Americans"

Sincerely ,
The Wrecker

RIP Dave Hrechkosy
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 pm I still remember being in shock when we traded Wayne Merrick for Larry Patey and Dave Hrechkosy. Merrick was a pretty good player but Patey had a solid career here.
Yeah, Merrick way more skilled than Patey, and he ended up being a key contributor to Islanders 4 Cups. I always thought it was Patey straight up for Merrick which was a head shaker. But getting Hrechkosy in deal too makes it more interesting. But unfortunately he didn’t pan out which is disappointing..................I do have a Patey story, this was a while ago, probably 2005, but I saw Patey in the runway at a hockey game and I said excuse me, are you Larry Patey and he said yes I am and we shook hands. The usher girl standing there said see, I told you someone would recognize you and he smiled. Guess I made his day, cause I’m going to guess no one else at the game knew who he was :lol:

T.C. wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:07 am Should be interesting to see these two play against each other. Yikes.

people who out this shit should be shot. oh no, a bunch of kids that are pro athletes run through chicks and objectify them? wow, what are the odds? go fuck yourself.
I don’t think it’s so much about “running through chicks”, that’s certainly not exclusive to athletes..it’s more so finding out your coworkers have a group chat of them talking absolute shit on your wife. Hands would be thrown.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:07 am Should be interesting to see these two play against each other. Yikes.

people who out this shit should be shot. oh no, a bunch of kids that are pro athletes run through chicks and objectify them? wow, what are the odds? go fuck yourself.
I don’t think it’s so much about “running through chicks”, that’s certainly not exclusive to athletes..it’s more so finding out your coworkers have a group chat of them talking absolute shit on your wife. Hands would be thrown.
Granted I only perused them very quickly, but when I heard about the story I actually thought Leipsic's comments would be a lot worse. He's definitely guilty of being a douchey hockey bro, but that's a fairly common creature in an NHL locker room I imagine. He shouldn't have said it, but whoever leaked it sucks too. He'll probably take a few extra hits and maybe a fight or two and that'll be that. Or maybe everyone will forget about it by the next time the Caps and Canucks play in 2025.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 am

Granted I only perused them very quickly, but when I heard about the story I actually thought Leipsic's comments would be a lot worse. He's definitely guilty of being a douchey hockey bro, but that's a fairly common creature in an NHL locker room I imagine. He shouldn't have said it, but whoever leaked it sucks too. He'll probably take a few extra hits and maybe a fight or two and that'll be that. Or maybe everyone will forget about it by the next time the Caps and Canucks play in 2025.
Yeah, when I shared the link, I wasn't really coming at it from a moral compass look or what public blowback he should receive. I'm talking from a strictly on ice perspective. When you're lining up across a guy that randomly shit talked your wife, I'd imagine there might be some words exchanged face to face. At least I would hope so. It'll be reason enough for me to tune in.