Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 am Was watching the 90-91 All Star Gm tonight. Did not know Hull had to miss game because of ankle injury and Oates got his spot.

Funny thing was, they interviewed Lindros cause he was going to be the first pick in draft. Bill Clement mentioned some possible destinations like Quebec, New Jersey and Minnesota, and he asked him if he had a preference and Lindros said he had no preference at all and just wanted to play hockey :lol:

Didn’t know Minnesota was that low in the standings at the time, cause remember, they made the Finals that year.
They are easily the worst team to ever make the Final. Finished with 68 points, 6th fewest in the league. Hockey is funny sometimes.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 am Was watching the 90-91 All Star Gm tonight. Did not know Hull had to miss game because of ankle injury and Oates got his spot.

Funny thing was, they interviewed Lindros cause he was going to be the first pick in draft. Bill Clement mentioned some possible destinations like Quebec, New Jersey and Minnesota, and he asked him if he had a preference and Lindros said he had no preference at all and just wanted to play hockey :lol:

Didn’t know Minnesota was that low in the standings at the time, cause remember, they made the Finals that year.
They are easily the worst team to ever make the Final. Finished with 68 points, 6th fewest in the league. Hockey is funny sometimes.
Yeah, but were they last in the league halfway through the regular season?

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:04 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 am

Yeah, but were they last in the league halfway through the regular season?
Nope, probably should've tried that out, I hear it can work.

T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:15 pm
T.C. wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:30 pm

they are talking about the games being played to empty arenas. it's about TV revenue, especially for smaller market teams so they don't go bankrupt.
I understand that but if the city of St Louis isn’t open, the arena won’t be open to gatherings of 10 or more either.
there are exceptions if everyone has been tested AND they are talking about buying out an entire hotel for visiting teams.
Well the Blues announced they are now furloughing employees so I doubt it.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... 60384021f6
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:15 pm

I understand that but if the city of St Louis isn’t open, the arena won’t be open to gatherings of 10 or more either.
there are exceptions if everyone has been tested AND they are talking about buying out an entire hotel for visiting teams.
Well the Blues announced they are now furloughing employees so I doubt it.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... 60384021f6
"That decision is estimated to possibly cost the league revenue of between $500 and $1.1 billion" - hey, me too! solid reporting.

but yeah, of course they are. i don't know what that has to do with what we're talking about. things like concerts are doneski until at least next year. and if STL isn't one of the cities to host NHL games if/when they resume, they certainly don't need (as much) staff. it's just a very real sign that something has to change or teams will start running out of money and/or not have anywhere left to play.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:53 pm Thanks, I hate it.

Me too! What I hate is that they're changing the lottery odds/format. If they feel like they need to have the draft in June, fine, whatever. But don't mess with the odds. If some team that's currently 1 point out of the playoffs wins the lottery, then goes on a crazy run to the Cup if this season is resumed, SO WHAT?!? The odds are minuscule, and the worst thing that happens is the number one prospect doesn't have to waste the first few years of his career on a dogshit team. I don't want tankers to be rewarded, and that's what happens here.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Me too! What I hate is that they're changing the lottery odds/format. If they feel like they need to have the draft in June, fine, whatever. But don't mess with the odds. If some team that's currently 1 point out of the playoffs wins the lottery, then goes on a crazy run to the Cup if this season is resumed, SO WHAT?!? The odds are minuscule, and the worst thing that happens is the number one prospect doesn't have to waste the first few years of his career on a dogshit team. I don't want tankers to be rewarded, and that's what happens here.

So dumb. Keep these poor kids out of Detroit.

Saw this on HF Boards and I thought I'd share it.

Wish NBC would use this music for it's intro with updated video. Music kicks ass IMO. Love this intro. There's 3 or 4 shots of Blues in this video. Have no idea who that right handed shot is for the Blues that flies thru the picture. And you can see Unger in the background towards the end.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:43 pm

Plus as far as draft odd/position, It should be like it was in the lockout season and they just take your average for the previous couple years. Not every team even played the same amount of games. You can just look up and down the standings how games in hand are going to effect teams by several draft positions.

Whenever there's an opportunity to screw up, Bettman will jump at it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:27 pm Saw this on HF Boards and I thought I'd share it.

Wish NBC would use this music for it's intro with updated video. Music kicks ass IMO. Love this intro. There's 3 or 4 shots of Blues in this video. Have no idea who that right handed shot is for the Blues that flies thru the picture. And you can see Unger in the background towards the end.

Based on the timeline of this video, the fact that the player is a right shot, and that he appears to be wearing #14, I am going to go out on a limb and say that it was Mike Murphy in that video. Played parts of 71-72 and 72-73 with the Blues.

MissouriMook wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:36 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:27 pm Saw this on HF Boards and I thought I'd share it.

Based on the timeline of this video, the fact that the player is a right shot, and that he appears to be wearing #14, I am going to go out on a limb and say that it was Mike Murphy in that video. Played parts of 71-72 and 72-73 with the Blues.
Thanks, I knew someone would give insight. I had no idea.

Wish NBC would use this music for it's intro with updated video. Music kicks ass IMO. Love this intro. ...

Was that a Quinn Martin Production? I kept waiting for Barnaby Jones to dig the puck outta the corner, and feed it to Dan August all alone in front of the net, who'd roof it past a sprawling Frank Cannon. :?:

That’s fantastic. I haven’t heard that in a long time and just a couple of notes in i totally remember that theme and how the rest of the tune went.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:43 pm

I think Detroit getting the #1 pick would be a huge win for Ottawa. I don’t envy Yzerman having to make that call in this draft.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:00 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:44 am

I think Detroit getting the #1 pick would be a huge win for Ottawa. I don’t envy Yzerman having to make that call in this draft.
I'm sure there will be a draft thread, but I'm curious who are names you like in the Blues range? I know you like Fins, Roni Hirvonen or too small?
Guys I want that we won’t get
Connor Zary - hes been #1 on my list for two years but has now skyrocketed up the charts. Is going to be a real good NHL player.

Seth Jarvis - he’s definitely my version of the perfect hockey player.

Guys in our range
Believe it or not, I’m really intrigued by the big Russian dman Shakir Mukhamadullin and if Zary and Jarvis are gone , he would probably be my pick.
Other guys I like
Ozzy Wiesblatt
Kaiden Guhle

I’ve got plenty more thoughts on the draft which I will reveal as we get closer to it.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm I despise the idea of having a draft before the Cup has been handed out.

Should be an even odds lottery among every team if that is the case.
The only argument that makes a lick of sense to me is that most of the scouts contracts run out in the end of June. Other than that its just an attention grab. They can't even say with any confidence that there will be a Cup awarded this year.