Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:33 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:23 pm 2020 sports are straight up cancelled

Okay Grinch :)

Haha hey, we may get some empty arena games. But it's going to be awhile before they allow 20k+ people into the same building.
There is going to be no way going forward to certify that the fans are not infected until there is a leap in testing technology.

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm NHL News
@puck_report2
Elliotte Friedman on WGR550 The Instigators on Thursday said the Chicago #Blackhawks have Dylan Strome available for trade, and that he "doesn't think the cost is really prohibitive." Repeated it twice for good measure.

9:45 PM - Apr 5, 2020
I'm pretty sure the trade deadline is still in play, no?
Just a Russian propaganda account

@puck_report2
Elliotte Friedman on WGR550 The Instigators on Thursday said the Chicago #Blackhawks have Dylan Strome available for trade, and that he "doesn't think the cost is really prohibitive." Repeated it twice for good measure.

They just can't stick with a direction, can the? I know they like Dach, but in what world is having too many good centers a problem? It seemed to work out here last year. I know the return is the key part of a potential trade but it seems as though Friedman is implying it's not that much. I'm enjoying the Hawks prolonging their fallow period.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes with Strome, it makes no sense. He’s a good player. Had some injuries this year and was invisible at times but I sure as heck wouldn’t give up on the kid. The talent is there. If he’s healthy and doesn’t miss 12 games he’s likely their 3rd leading scorer right now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:45 pm
@puck_report2

They just can't stick with a direction, can the? I know they like Dach, but in what world is having too many good centers a problem? It seemed to work out here last year. I know the return is the key part of a potential trade but it seems as though Friedman is implying it's not that much. I'm enjoying the Hawks prolonging their fallow period.
If you have too many centers....put one on wing...they will be good at it. Also...having a strong core of centers is one of the keys to success in the playoffs. Look at the 90's Wings...that teams success was entirely based on the centers...the rest of the team is a bunch of lunch pale guys...but their center core was legendary.

Matangama wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:26 pm As Tim suggests, maybe something else going on with him. Or Stan is a fucking moron who doesn’t really have a clue what he is doing. Yep, I’m going with that!
Looks like it could be salary related as he’s an RFA and will get a much bigger contract. Basically I think the same thing they did to Nick Schmaltz who was traded for the cheaper Strome.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:47 pm
Matangama wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:26 pm As Tim suggests, maybe something else going on with him. Or Stan is a fucking moron who doesn’t really have a clue what he is doing. Yep, I’m going with that!
Looks like it could be salary related as he’s an RFA and will get a much bigger contract. Basically I think the same thing they did to Nick Schmaltz who was traded for the cheaper Strome.
Could be, especially with the current situation likely to play havoc with the cap. But still, I hate Stan almost as much as Dubas!

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:47 pm
They aren't in as bad of cap shape as they used to be with Seabrook essentially retired...unless he is planning a comeback. I'd think Strome is a guy you move out other salary to keep. He'll get a raise, but it's not like he's going to command crazy money.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm What an absolute grown man

Damn. I miss hockey. When there's not a global pandemic, this is usually the best sports week of the year. Final Four Championship game would've been Monday, NHL playoffs would've started tomorrow I think, and the Masters starts on Thursday, plus MLB in full swing. Something for everyone. Oh well, Lindros kicked ass though. If anybody has any other cool clips like that of any era, I'd love to see them.

I've been posting a lot over on HF Boards lately due to the boredom. Anyway, there was a thread over there about "What are some offers that players regret not taking".................and I posted Shattenkirk for not accepting the Tampa Bay deal to begin with. Would of saved him a whole lot of trouble and money...............anyway some guy responded to me and said according to Colaiacovo, Shatty also turned down a 7 & 7 to go to Buffalo................now this one we didn't hear about. But I guess with Army and how things are kept secret, it's possible.