Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:58 pm Watching Blues Game 5 vs the Hawks 1988 on NHLTV.
I remember this like it was 32 years ago.

It was really fun watching a game where Brett Hull is kind of an unknown quantity, Ken Wilson and Dan Kelly marvel over him. Bernie and Brian Sutter are like cavemen out there skating around with their furrowed heads low slashing everything in sight. Living in that time I had no idea how run down it looked. 1988 was nothing but 1978 with a hat on.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:58 pm Watching Blues Game 5 vs the Hawks 1988 on NHLTV.
I remember this like it was 32 years ago.

It was really fun watching a game where Brett Hull is kind of an unknown quantity, Ken Wilson and Dan Kelly marvel over him. Bernie and Brian Sutter are like cavemen out there skating around with their furrowed heads low slashing everything in sight. Living in that time I had no idea how run down it looked. 1988 was nothing but 1978 with a hat on.
On today’s date, Brett Hull tied his dad in career goals.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Oddly enough I had tickets for that game. I remember the Hawks had late morning skate at Brentwood. I was grabbing lunch with a friend at Subway in Brentwood when Everett Sanipass ans Dan Vincelette walked in. We were the only two that noticed who they were. Sanipass was wearing a big ass cast and I remember asking him if he was going to play tonight. He looked at me all confused like he couldn’t believe I knew who he was! Lol...
That was back in the days when I would do nothing all day and just wait for hockey at night! Those were the days!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:18 am Oddly enough I had tickets for that game. I remember the Hawks had late morning skate at Brentwood. I was grabbing lunch with a friend at Subway in Brentwood when Everett Sanipass ans Dan Vincelette walked in. We were the only two that noticed who they were. Sanipass was wearing a big ass cast and I remember asking him if he was going to play tonight. He looked at me all confused like he couldn’t believe I knew who he was! Lol...
That was back in the days when I would do nothing all day and just wait for hockey at night! Those were the days!
I remember watching this game. I was probably waiting for Voltron though.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:18 am Oddly enough I had tickets for that game. I remember the Hawks had late morning skate at Brentwood. I was grabbing lunch with a friend at Subway in Brentwood when Everett Sanipass ans Dan Vincelette walked in. We were the only two that noticed who they were. Sanipass was wearing a big ass cast and I remember asking him if he was going to play tonight. He looked at me all confused like he couldn’t believe I knew who he was! Lol...
At least you didn't go all Mike Bullard on him. :D

guess they use Zoom. this is a "new" exploit. someone uncovered that zoom does not actually use end-to-end encryption. in fact, they barely do much at all for security, regardless of what they say. people that have been using zoom has been "zoombombed". people take control of the whiteboard and start drawing dicks, then do exactly as you see above. it has nothing to do with the actual person. but sure NHL, jump on the "racist" bandwagon.

T.C. wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:15 am guess they use Zoom. this is a "new" exploit. someone uncovered that zoom does not actually use end-to-end encryption. in fact, they barely do much at all for security, regardless of what they say. people that have been using zoom has been "zoombombed". people take control of the whiteboard and start drawing dicks, then do exactly as you see above. it has nothing to do with the actual person. but sure NHL, jump on the "racist" bandwagon.
Seemed pretty racist to me lol
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:15 amguess they use Zoom. this is a "new" exploit. someone uncovered that zoom does not actually use end-to-end encryption. in fact, they barely do much at all for security, regardless of what they say. people that have been using zoom has been "zoombombed". people take control of the whiteboard and start drawing dicks, then do exactly as you see above. it has nothing to do with the actual person. but sure NHL, jump on the "racist" bandwagon.
So THAT'S why that whiteboard trick has become known in England as: "The T.C. Tosser." :?:

Game 7 LA vs Toronto...this is wide open hockey. I remember watching this rooting for the Kings after the Leafs had eliminated the Blues. You often hear how the game has changed...aside from the gear this game is a lot like the Blues vs Bruins...wide open pedal to the metal action. The individual style of the goal tenders really stands out...todays goalies all learned the same skills at the same camps since they were 2 years old, and it is great...they are great...but Hrudey and Potvin have very contrasting styles. Potivin was called the cat, watching him he doesn't move a lot...he is always in position and his economy of movement is amazing. Hrudey is a wild man...kicking and flopping like a carp on the deck of a fishing boat, he is a beast. I am glad I signed up for NHLTV before they stopped sales. Watching these old games is far more entertaining than some white trash circus.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:00 am Game 7 LA vs Toronto...this is wide open hockey. I remember watching this rooting for the Kings after the Leafs had eliminated the Blues. You often hear how the game has changed...aside from the gear this game is a lot like the Blues vs Bruins...wide open pedal to the metal action. The individual style of the goal tenders really stands out...todays goalies all learned the same skills at the same camps since they were 2 years old, and it is great...they are great...but Hrudey and Potvin have very contrasting styles. Potivin was called the cat, watching him he doesn't move a lot...he is always in position and his economy of movement is amazing. Hrudey is a wild man...kicking and flopping like a carp on the deck of a fishing boat, he is a beast. I am glad I signed up for NHLTV before they stopped sales. Watching these old games is far more entertaining than some white trash circus.
Agree. The goalies back then played more athletic. They all had distinctive styles.