Re: News and Games around the NHL

Taking a couple of days off from watching hockey so I’m watching MLS tonight. Watching the Sporting KC home opener and what a great atmosphere they have there. It’s a great sports town...it’s a shame they never got another chance at the NHL. I really believe it would thrive in KC.
#BringbacktheScouts
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:53 pm... Watching the Sporting KC home opener and what a great atmosphere they have there. It’s a great sports town...it’s a shame they never got another chance at the NHL. I really believe it would thrive in KC.
#BringbacktheScouts
Leave the Scouts in Jersey ... #BringbacktheBlades!

ratonmono wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm Let them meet in the playoffs.

Love seeing Maroon take Chara down so easily after Jack Edwards made his comment.

And another
There are very few people in this world that I truly despise. Edwards is one of them. If I could kill him and get away with it... Well Bruins broadcasts would be a lot more bearable.
If you're gonna go that far please kill Andy Brickley too.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm Let them meet in the playoffs.

Love seeing Maroon take Chara down so easily after Jack Edwards made his comment.

And another
There are very few people in this world that I truly despise. Edwards is one of them. If I could kill him and get away with it... Well Bruins broadcasts would be a lot more bearable.
If you're gonna go that far please kill Andy Brickley too.
Oh ok. I’m a generous fellow.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:20 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:09 amhaving a sensor inside the puck would enable them to instantly determine when a puck crossed a blue line or goal line. real-time stats would be a nice-to-have, but this to me is the primary reason they'd introduce something like that. easy to place something under the ice like an "invisible fence" for a dog, where you can immediately tell the puck crossed the line.
Sensing of that type would require accuracy in the millimeter range. I'd like to see evidence that any such sensing technology exists today. If you've got it, T.C., hold out for more money.
nah, it's the same tech they've been using to track runners to the thousandth of a second for years.

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:52 am
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:20 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:09 amhaving a sensor inside the puck would enable them to instantly determine when a puck crossed a blue line or goal line. real-time stats would be a nice-to-have, but this to me is the primary reason they'd introduce something like that. easy to place something under the ice like an "invisible fence" for a dog, where you can immediately tell the puck crossed the line.
Sensing of that type would require accuracy in the millimeter range. I'd like to see evidence that any such sensing technology exists today. If you've got it, T.C., hold out for more money.
nah, it's the same tech they've been using to track runners to the thousandth of a second for years.
Measuring elapsed time ("runners to the thousandth of a second") and measuring relative position (where is the edge of the puck relative to the blue line or goal line?) are two entirely different problems. I guess I won't be investing in your hugely successful start-up tech firm.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:29 pm How long do we think its going to be until hockey games are being played in empty stadiums? Happening for a lot of soccer leagues in Europe; I'm worried its only a matter of time.
A gate driven league with these owners we have? No way it happens.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:37 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:32 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:29 pm How long do we think its going to be until hockey games are being played in empty stadiums? Happening for a lot of soccer leagues in Europe; I'm worried its only a matter of time.
A gate driven league with these owners we have? No way it happens.
Maybe. NBA is reportedly already considering it.
The NBA can afford to do that

"Suck a dick Johansen"