Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 amThey are going to have women in the All-Star Game!!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
From NBCSports > Olympic Talk (apparently because their sports dept. doesn't know the difference) ... NHL All-Star Weekend to feature women’s 3-on-3 event
A large majority — if not all — of the players taking part in the NHL All-Star three-on-three game will be PWHPA (Professional Women’s Hockey Players’ Association) members.
This will either: (a) Send the message to the NWHL that the NHL expects them to begin negotiating in good faith with the PWPHA & get pro women's hockey back on track in North America; or (b) Seal the coffin on women's pro hockey in the U.S. & Canada.

“We stand at a crossroads. One path leads to despair, the other to destruction. Let’s hope we make the right choice.” — Woody Allen

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 amThey are going to have women in the All-Star Game!!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
From NBCSports > Olympic Talk (apparently because their sports dept. doesn't know the difference) ... NHL All-Star Weekend to feature women’s 3-on-3 event
A large majority — if not all — of the players taking part in the NHL All-Star three-on-three game will be PWHPA (Professional Women’s Hockey Players’ Association) members.
This will either: (a) Send the message to the NWHL that the NHL expects them to begin negotiating in good faith with the PWPHA & get pro women's hockey back on track in North America; or (b) Seal the coffin on women's pro hockey in the U.S. & Canada.

“We stand at a crossroads. One path leads to despair, the other to destruction. Let’s hope we make the right choice.” — Woody Allen
I cant describe the antipathy I feel about having women invade the all star weekend.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:34 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am

I cant describe the antipathy I feel about having women invade the all star weekend.
Hell, it might get me to watch the first all star game in many years.