Re: News and Games around the NHL

barnburner wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm See Jim Montgomery has checked into alcohol rehabilitation. Guess the questions about why he was fired have at least one answer. If the rumors at the time were accurate, it was booze that put an end to what had looked like a promising career as a player here.

That's sad, I had hoped after his NHL player career that he had turned that around, then he showed up on the radar as a promising coach. Too bad.

Matangama wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:25 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:51 pm Preds fire Lavy. Wonder if this will save their season? To me the mix just isn't right there for whatever reason. Johansen, Duchene, Turris are all kinda weak sauce IMO. Too similar.
I think it’s the Duchene curse!
It's not only that, it's also Johnson having a great year and not being able to re-produce that. Don't forget about, Kyle "I've literally done nothing besides being hyped up in the draft and put on a pedestal by coach Gretzky" Turris. I remember watching him in PHX, Gretz always talked big about him, never showed up. That kid has been great trade bait.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:51 pm Preds fire Lavy. Wonder if this will save their season? To me the mix just isn't right there for whatever reason. Johansen, Duchene, Turris are all kinda weak sauce IMO. Too similar.
They don't have a true #1C for one thing, and they certainly don't have the winger quality or depth to offset that. Their D is still pretty good, but they seem to be losing some traction in their own end (not sure if it's aging or over-compensation) as the forward group has struggled. Rinne seems to be hitting his inevitable regression and Saros doesn't seem to be able to handle a more prominent role.

One other thing - can anyone tell me exactly what this team's identity is supposed to be? As far as I can see, they don't seem to have one.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:34 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 pm One-trick pony. Send him back to Russia. Or Muskegon.
He's the biggest "jerk" in that lineup
Probably Doc Emrick's favorite player... only guy who actually "shovels" the puck.
This is like a guy with a cool party trick...by the third time everyone is like...yeah dude..we know the bottle cap is in your butt cheeks.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm Did everyone vote for Perron to be in the All-Star game today? I'm going to talk about it all the time because that makes me a super fan!!!
No but I made sure to vote for Oshie
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"