Re: News and Games around the NHL

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:38 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:29 pm

He may not be able to afford TH coffee when Bettman's done with him.
Torts is a whiny mother fucker. Compare how Chief handled the SJ goal last playoffs to how Torts handled this. Torts shtick has got to get tiring.
I dont see it that way, he stands up for his players. That team would drag their balls through broken glass for that kinda coach. Imho.
Tortellini has overplayed the "mad as hell" card. It's a tired old routine.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:59 pm Does anyone want to discuss the fact that Vasilevskiy's GAA is approaching 3 and save %.900? He's got a great win loss record because the team is so good, but it seems like it's currently happening in spite of him and those numbers don't get you a Stanley Cup.
Tampa does play loose though so I don’t know if it’s all him. Wonder if he’s faced the most high danger chances in league?

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:32 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:59 pm Does anyone want to discuss the fact that Vasilevskiy's GAA is approaching 3 and save %.900? He's got a great win loss record because the team is so good, but it seems like it's currently happening in spite of him and those numbers don't get you a Stanley Cup.
Tampa does play loose though so I don’t know if it’s all him. Wonder if he’s faced the most high danger chances in league?
I think people would be very surprised to learn JB50 has faced more HD shots against(191-168). Vas is 13th in the league in total HD SA so it's not that.

To add on to it, he's been really bad against those chances, a .815 save %. For more comparison sake, JB50's is .864%.

Jake Allen actually leads the league in HD save% for goalies with at least 10 games played at .892 which is kind of insane.
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:16 pmAnd just like that, Corey Perry's Winter Classic comes to an end.

New year, same shitbag.

The Canes should've received an additional game misconduct for those Gawd awful hockey pants. :oops:
I thought the Stars pants looked great. I don’t know what they are comparable too but it just had an old school retro look which I loved.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:26 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:16 pmAnd just like that, Corey Perry's Winter Classic comes to an end.

New year, same shitbag.

The Canes should've received an additional game misconduct for those Gawd awful hockey pants. :oops:
I thought the Stars pants looked great. I don’t know what they are comparable too but it just had an old school retro look which I loved.
Those were the STARS??? Central Division ... Double gamer!!!

insideout wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:44 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:38 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Torts is a whiny mother fucker. Compare how Chief handled the SJ goal last playoffs to how Torts handled this. Torts shtick has got to get tiring.
I dont see it that way, he stands up for his players. That team would drag their balls through broken glass for that kinda coach. Imho.
Tortellini has overplayed the "mad as hell" card. It's a tired old routine.
Per Sportsnet:
CBJ head coach John Tortorella has been fined $20,000 for comments he made after his team’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Additionally, Tortorella has been assessed a conditional fine of $25,000 “which will be collected in the event of similar inappropriate behaviour through Dec. 29, 2020,” according to a statement from the NHL.
...I like it... I mean knowing what the fine is before one does the crime.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm How does this hit live in today's game? First point of contact with the head.

Man...what a beauty of a hit that was.....not quite Campbell on Umberger but still a beauty. I feel bad for all the new fans that will never know real hockey.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:39 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm How does this hit live in today's game? First point of contact with the head.

Man...what a beauty of a hit that was.....not quite Campbell on Umberger but still a beauty. I feel bad for all the new fans that will never know real hockey.
I don't miss those at all. Going full speed and hitting guys directly in the head is fucked up knowing what we know now (not that I'm condeming guys for playing that way back then). Having suffered a concussion myself fairly recently I have no time for this stuff at all. I do like big hits but keep the head out of the point of contact.

barnburner wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm See Jim Montgomery has checked into alcohol rehabilitation. Guess the questions about why he was fired have at least one answer. If the rumors at the time were accurate, it was booze that put an end to what had looked like a promising career as a player here.
Ive been wondering if this story was ever going to come out.

So he was drunk for that radio interview, clearly. And I'm guessing his final downfall was getting shitfaced and sending a team employee an inappropriate fax of his nut sack.

Hope he gets the help he needs and gets back on his feet.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:20 amPer Sportsnet:
CBJ head coach John Tortorella has been fined $20,000 for comments he made after his team’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Additionally, Tortorella has been assessed a conditional fine of $25,000 “which will be collected in the event of similar inappropriate behaviour through Dec. 29, 2020,” according to a statement from the NHL.
Probably too late on the $20k, but you gotta figger there are enough fans of Torts around hockey to put the next $25k in an escrow account pretty quickly. Is GoFundMe a thing anymore?

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:53 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:20 amPer Sportsnet:

Probably too late on the $20k, but you gotta figger there are enough fans of Torts around hockey to put the next $25k in an escrow account pretty quickly. Is GoFundMe a thing anymore?
Rather than fining the coach for complaining, maybe the league should fine the incompetent officials?