Re: News and Games around the NHL

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pm It’s a very different world that we’re living in now, than it was when JMC was a kid. Back when he was JR’s age, he would have hit her over the head with a club, and drug her back to his cave.
False. When JMC was a kid, no one lived to be over 40, so that couldn't have happened. The fact that fossil still exists in our timeline is either a miracle or a curse, depending on who you ask...

JK. See all you chauvinistic asshole bitch ass snowflake feminazis on the GDT... Let's Go Blues!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:40 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pmIt’s a very different world that we’re living in now, than it was when JMC was a kid. Back when he was JR’s age, he would have hit her over the head with a club, and drug her back to his cave.
False. When JMC was a kid, no one lived to be over 40, so that couldn't have happened. The fact that fossil still exists in our timeline is either a miracle or a curse, depending on who you ask...
Miracle to me, curse to Mrs. JMC. She could've owned that cave outright by now if my Mom & I weren't still co-signers on the deed. The wall paintings alone are worth at least three woolly mammoth skins & an adult male pterodactyl beak. With a full set of choppers.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:52 pm Top saves of the decade, according to the NHL. Two Blues goalies have saves in here. One of them is Jake Allen, and I guarantee you won’t be able to guess who the other is.

I knew it was someone obscure by your guarantee, and I was in the wrong decade with my initial thought of who it could be (Brathwaite or Sanford)...I won't spoil it, but wow, both great saves, and a fun clip to watch pre-game of a lot of other amazing saves :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:48 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:52 pm Top saves of the decade, according to the NHL. Two Blues goalies have saves in here. One of them is Jake Allen, and I guarantee you won’t be able to guess who the other is.

I knew it was someone obscure by your guarantee, and I was in the wrong decade with my initial thought of who it could be (Brathwaite or Sanford)...I won't spoil it, but wow, both great saves, and a fun clip to watch pre-game of a lot of other amazing saves :)
That was fun to watch. I still dk who the other goalie was...cant tell which decade if it was the 1 I met or the 1 I didnt
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I just adopted my first New Years 2020 resolution: "Heed the IBEW Local 4 billboard along I-64 downtown & TURN OFF KSDK CHANNEL 5." I switched on the NBC Today Show this morning just in time to catch the last part of their "Year In Review" montage: Pats reclaiming the Super Bowl title (East Coast bias, to be expected), USWNT soccer championship (gotta give equal time - especially when you can net a two-fer of key demographic groups), Nats clinching their first franchise World Series (another bias point but a worthy 5 seconds for sports), Toronto Raptors' 1st NBA trophy win (New York of the Great White North), ... and I'm waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and cut back to the studio. WHAT THE FUCK?! Suck it, NBC!

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 am I just adopted my first New Years 2020 resolution: "Heed the IBEW Local 4 billboard along I-64 downtown & TURN OFF KSDK CHANNEL 5." I switched on the NBC Today Show this morning just in time to catch the last part of their "Year In Review" montage: Pats reclaiming the Super Bowl title (East Coast bias, to be expected), USWNT soccer championship (gotta give equal time - especially when you can net a two-fer of key demographic groups), Nats clinching their first franchise World Series (another bias point but a worthy 5 seconds for sports), Toronto Raptors' 1st NBA trophy win (New York of the Great White North), ... and I'm waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and cut back to the studio. WHAT THE FUCK?! Suck it, NBC!
What is this "NBC" you speak of?
Never heard of it .lol

ratonmono wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 am Everyone do yourselves a favor and check out the Avs GDT against Minny on hockeysfuture. An old friend has hi-jacked their forum in honor of Ian Cole. I know someone had mentioned that here before but I had no idea that it was a recurring thing. :lol:
That dude is seriously creepy. If you look at his posting history there, 90% of it is related to Ian Cole or anyone he believes stole Cole’s spot in the lineup here. His contribution to a thread on Seabrook’s hip surgery was to point out that JBo had it while referring to him as Blowmeester and that Cole had double hip surgery and came back sooner than expected, presumably because he’s Superman.

His HF profile says he’s from Seattle and works in health care. As I live and breathe, if I ever end up in an ER in Seattle or admitted to a hospital there, I’m gonna shiv the first orderly that asks me if I saw the Avs game last night. You just know he’s that creepy orderly you see in the movies that goes around sniffing bedpans and smothering old ladies.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 am Everyone do yourselves a favor and check out the Avs GDT against Minny on hockeysfuture. An old friend has hi-jacked their forum in honor of Ian Cole. I know someone had mentioned that here before but I had no idea that it was a recurring thing. :lol:
Honestly so weird. When I was originally on that other forum, he was an articulate, entertaining, well liked poster. Then Ian Cole came along and the guy suddenly just had a decade long psychotic obsessive episode. So bizarre.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 am
Honestly so weird. When I was originally on that other forum, he was an articulate, entertaining, well liked poster. Then Ian Cole came along and the guy suddenly just had a decade long psychotic obsessive episode. So bizarre.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered it that way. Crazy indeed. Hopefully he get's some help.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:29 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:04 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm

He needs some anger management classes. :)
Hey, no Tim Horton's cups were damaged or injured during this rant, so he's OK :)

More context, I'd be pissed too:

He may not be able to afford TH coffee when Bettman's done with him.
Torts is a whiny mother fucker. Compare how Chief handled the SJ goal last playoffs to how Torts handled this. Torts shtick has got to get tiring.

ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:29 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey, no Tim Horton's cups were damaged or injured during this rant, so he's OK :)

More context, I'd be pissed too:

He may not be able to afford TH coffee when Bettman's done with him.
Torts is a whiny mother fucker. Compare how Chief handled the SJ goal last playoffs to how Torts handled this. Torts shtick has got to get tiring.
I dont see it that way, he stands up for his players. That team would drag their balls through broken glass for that kinda coach. Imho.