Re: News and Games around the NHL

Coming after everybody ...even for dumb shit like this!
The Blues are thriving under Chief ...best coach in Blues history. Somebody connected to Chicago, Nashville, Boston, Colorado is looking for any kind of dirt on him that they can and you know it’s out there. He’s called a player a name during a game in his playing days. Somebody is going to come out eventually to try and derail the Chief train....guaranteed.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NBC suspends Roenick for being Roenick. I've never understood how people can sit in an arena and enjoy a sport played by a bunch of lunatics who say the craziest shit...and when they hear that crazy shit they get all butt hurt. I see how suggesting a female co-worker had a three way with you and your wife , and saying you would have gay sex with your other co-worker is inappropriate, he was clearly talking shit on a podcast and people need to be able to see the difference between that and real harassment. I hope they don't fire him, because even though he is a piece of shit Blackhawk...I hate seeing people get fired for putting a toe over the line.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/23/jeremy-r ... yn-tappen/

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:10 pm NBC suspends Roenick for being Roenick. I've never understood how people can sit in an arena and enjoy a sport played by a bunch of lunatics who say the craziest shit...and when they hear that crazy shit they get all butt hurt. I see how suggesting a female co-worker had a three way with you and your wife , and saying you would have gay sex with your other co-worker is inappropriate, he was clearly talking shit on a podcast and people need to be able to see the difference between that and real harassment. I hope they don't fire him, because even though he is a piece of shit Blackhawk...I hate seeing people get fired for putting a toe over the line.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/23/jeremy-r ... yn-tappen/
Most people are capable of recognizing context. Unfortunately as in all things a few zealous cunts are loud enough and ruin everything for everyone. Welcome to humanity. :roll:

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:09 pm Coming after everybody ...even for dumb shit like this!
The Blues are thriving under Chief ...best coach in Blues history. Somebody connected to Chicago, Nashville, Boston, Colorado is looking for any kind of dirt on him that they can and you know it’s out there. He’s called a player a name during a game in his playing days. Somebody is going to come out eventually to try and derail the Chief train....guaranteed.
The thing is that this isn't something Roenick said in a private locker room setting 15 years ago. He said it on one of if not the most popular hockey podcast in the world last week. People go on that podcast all the time and manage not to get themselves in trouble. Roenick is a moron and this is entirely his fault. This isn't the PC Police prosecuting behavior from a different era. If you don't realize that it's not ok to go on a widely distributed podcast and make jokes about banging coworkers, I don't know what to say. Should be be fired? I don't know that that's necessary, but a suspension is fine. I'd fire him for being a lousy analyst, but that's a separate issue.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:20 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:09 pm Coming after everybody ...even for dumb shit like this!
The thing is that this isn't something Roenick said in a private locker room setting 15 years ago. He said it on one of if not the most popular hockey podcast in the world last week. People go on that podcast all the time and manage not to get themselves in trouble. Roenick is a moron and this is entirely his fault. This isn't the PC Police prosecuting behavior from a different era. If you don't realize that it's not ok to go on a widely distributed podcast and make jokes about banging coworkers, I don't know what to say. Should be be fired? I don't know that that's necessary, but a suspension is fine. I'd fire him for being a lousy analyst, but that's a separate issue.
That's the whole issue Dave....he was just joking around. He wasn't being serious.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:34 pm
That's the whole issue Dave....he was just joking around. He wasn't being serious.
I'm pretty sure that BlueinNy is serious, though.

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:26 pm I'm no fan of Roenick, but if Tappen and Sharp don't come out and publicly state that they have no problem with his comments in context, and that he should not be suspended, then that's way worse than what he said as far as I'm concerned.
Unless they DID have an issue with what he said - then what NBC did was necessary.

But without their opinion on it....its all speculation sadly
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Wont matter.

They tried that with Binnington last year.

Sure worked out in their favor :D
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Of course he was joking, but think of it this way. Suppose Tappen was offended by it. It's one thing to not mind a joke in private vs having it broadcast to thousands of listeners. Now shes in the position whe she has to choose between saying she didn't mind even though it really did offend her, or say nothing and be the target of people saying she's to blame for whatever happens to Roenick since she didn't have his back. We've seen that take on here already. Just saying something is a joke doesn't mean its a 100% get out of jail free card. There are tons and tons of jokes out there that would get people fired if the said them publicly.

Again, I'm not saying he should be fired, but some discipline coming down on him is appropriate. He didn't know better, I believe that, but he really should have.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

If Roenick says this stuff about people on the street...no big deal. NBC can't ignore it when he is talking about people he works with.

MattyIce wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:37 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:23 am The Blues are now the measuring stick for success in the NHL...did you ever think you'd see the day.

Literally nothing has gone well for the Sharks since the Blues physically destroyed them last spring. It's wonderful
That four season or so reign of terror on those California road trips is just a distant memory now.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Of course he was joking, but think of it this way. Suppose Tappen was offended by it. It's one thing to not mind a joke in private vs having it broadcast to thousands of listeners. Now shes in the position whe she has to choose between saying she didn't mind even though it really did offend her, or say nothing and be the target of people saying she's to blame for whatever happens to Roenick since she didn't have his back. We've seen that take on here already. Just saying something is a joke doesn't mean its a 100% get out of jail free card. There are tons and tons of jokes out there that would get people fired if the said them publicly.

Again, I'm not saying he should be fired, but some discipline coming down on him is appropriate. He didn't know better, I believe that, but he really should have.

usmcaaron wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Cya, Jeremy.