Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am

Strong title defense so far. How about those Islanders? They're proving last year wasn't a fluke. Also surprised to see the Jets in the top 10, but Hellebuyck returning to form has been exactly what they needed with that depleted D corp. Didn't see Philly getting this good, but they've been on the cusp for a couple years, and finally have a full season of solid goaltending.
Yeah, Philly and Pitt hanging in there good. Media still thinks Tampa and Toronto will make playoffs but I don't think it's a lock. They'll have to do it within their division if they're going to make it. Buffalo and Montreal are going to have to falter and that very well could be the case but Florida is a player in that division too. Personally I think Tampa will grab a spot but Toronto will miss out.
My boy Travis Konecny is having his breakout season!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Anyone check out Gameflow on the NHL app? The NHL game summaries/analysis have really improved on the app.

The NHL is also currently working to improve its fan experience by soon offering detailed player and puck-tracking data to its broadcast partners, its sports-betting partners and directly to fans through tools like the NHL app.

Jeff Marek was on NHL radio this morning talking about how something isn’t right with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He wondered if the Lightning might surprise everybody with a blockbuster trade and then he mentioned Kucherov’s name talking about how he’s been in Coopers doghouse most of the season.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 am Jeff Marek was on NHL radio this morning talking about how something isn’t right with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He wondered if the Lightning might surprise everybody with a blockbuster trade and then he mentioned Kucherov’s name talking about how he’s been in Coopers doghouse most of the season.
That would be something. I'd love to see it as a neutral fan, but that feels like a massive overreaction. Vasilevsky has a .906 save % this year. That will keep any team stuck in the middle. They're not scoring as much as last year, but I think part of that is a stylistic change. If Vasilevsky starts playing closer to his career average I thing the wins will come and they can step back from the ledge. If not though....
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:54 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 am Jeff Marek was on NHL radio this morning talking about how something isn’t right with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He wondered if the Lightning might surprise everybody with a blockbuster trade and then he mentioned Kucherov’s name talking about how he’s been in Coopers doghouse most of the season.
That would be something. I'd love to see it as a neutral fan, but that feels like a massive overreaction. Vasilevsky has a .906 save % this year. That will keep any team stuck in the middle. They're not scoring as much as last year, but I think part of that is a stylistic change. If Vasilevsky starts playing closer to his career average I thing the wins will come and they can step back from the ledge. If not though....
So much fucking talent on that team. Man, I thought the addition of Maroon would help get them over the hump as a team. But it seems like they have bigger issues. If they don’t get their shit together, they could miss the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be something!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:03 am Dirty player. A Berube type player. Get him Leery!!

Fabs is playing for a multi year contract and is out for blood. You threaten his career with injury and he’s coming after you to hurt you! Fabs is on a mission!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:34 am The Red Wings are absolutely wild. Anthanasiou is on pace to finish at about a minus 90 clip. And that is not an exaggeration.
He is exactly the type of player I would like to see us target, defensive warts be damned. He is not particularly good at creating offense but he is probably as fast as McDavid and he can finish, basically the exact mold of player that Thomas should be playing with. I'd love to see him on a line with Thomas and someone defensively responsible like Steen or Bozak. That would be F. U. N. FUN!

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:34 am The Red Wings are absolutely wild. Anthanasiou is on pace to finish at about a minus 90 clip. And that is not an exaggeration.
He is exactly the type of player I would like to see us target, defensive warts be damned. He is not particularly good at creating offense but he is probably as fast as McDavid and he can finish, basically the exact mold of player that Thomas should be playing with. I'd love to see him on a line with Thomas and someone defensively responsible like Steen or Bozak. That would be F. U. N. FUN!
Would love to see "happytoseeyou" on a line with Thomas and Kyrou :) That'd be fun and fast :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I’ve been on the Athansiou bandwagon for couple of years now....I would love to have him. I don’t know what’s going on in Detroit but I know he’s nowhere near the player we are seeing right now. Adding his speed to this current group equals 2020 Stanley Cup Champions hands down. Its Yzerman though ....we’d have to give up a core piece going back....a Barby or Blais most likely and I’m just not ready to do that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I say "See you later" to Athanasiou. He isn't doing shit right now and besides, we got the other Greek Kyrou. I'll stick with Kyrou and not touch any Detroit shit. Barbashev would seem expendable but the kid amped up his game in the playoffs last year and led the team with 80 hits. I want guys that know how to elevate their game when needed. Our whole fuckn Blues team knows how to do this now. I don't think anyone is getting traded off this team. Blue for two - St. Louis, home of the repeat!

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm I say "See you later" to Athanasiou. He isn't doing shit right now and besides, we got the other Greek Kyrou. I'll stick with Kyrou and not touch any Detroit shit. Barbashev would seem expendable but the kid amped up his game in the playoffs last year and led the team with 80 hits. I want guys that know how to elevate their game when needed. Our whole fuckn Blues team knows how to do this now. I don't think anyone is getting traded off this team. Blue for two - St. Louis, home of the repeat!
Most of the guys on this current team had no idea how to elevate their game until last season. Do you think that Athanasiou is incapable of learning?

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:38 pm
I’ve been on the Athansiou bandwagon for couple of years now....I would love to have him. I don’t know what’s going on in Detroit but I know he’s nowhere near the player we are seeing right now. Adding his speed to this current group equals 2020 Stanley Cup Champions hands down. Its Yzerman though ....we’d have to give up a core piece going back....a Barby or Blais most likely and I’m just not ready to do that.
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd move Blais and a 2nd for him in a heartbeat, but I don't think I'd move Barby for him unless it was 1-for-1 or maybe a small add of a 6th-7th or a "C" prospect.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:35 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm I say "See you later" to Athanasiou. He isn't doing shit right now and besides, we got the other Greek Kyrou. I'll stick with Kyrou and not touch any Detroit shit. Barbashev would seem expendable but the kid amped up his game in the playoffs last year and led the team with 80 hits. I want guys that know how to elevate their game when needed. Our whole fuckn Blues team knows how to do this now. I don't think anyone is getting traded off this team. Blue for two - St. Louis, home of the repeat!
Most of the guys on this current team had no idea how to elevate their game until last season. Do you think that Athanasiou is incapable of learning?
Any good player at the NHL level when thrust into a winning environment can jump on board, but unless it's Sanford or Steen straight up for Athanasiou, why bother? I've been wanting Athanasiou for like the last 3 years but right now I don't care about him anymore. That ship has sailed. And he's fucking up my fantasy team too - both him and Dumba :lol: