Re: News and Games around the NHL

On Sportsnet they said that Arizona had the first official offer on Hall, and that the Devils have been trying to get a better one ever since. They also said it didn't involve their top 2 prospects and that the Devils are not giving teams permission to talk extension. That means it's going to be a rental for whoever wins the bidding.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 pm On Sportsnet they said that Arizona had the first official offer on Hall, and that the Devils have been trying to get a better one ever since. They also said it didn't involve their top 2 prospects and that the Devils are not giving teams permission to talk extension. That means it's going to be a rental for whoever wins the bidding.
That's kind of silly on the Devil's part. They could get a lot more if he signs an extension.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:18 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:49 pmThe Panthers AHL team has a few healthy scratches tonight....hmmm
The Panthers' AHL team (Springfield Thunderbirds) have 28 players on their roster. When do they NOT have "a few healthy scratches tonight"?
I don't follow the AHL....I'm just posting what was mentioned in the Hall trade threads. Some of the Panthers fans were surprised who the healthy scratches were.....Borgstrom and Heponiemi
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:23 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:18 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:49 pmThe Panthers AHL team has a few healthy scratches tonight....hmmm
The Panthers' AHL team (Springfield Thunderbirds) have 28 players on their roster. When do they NOT have "a few healthy scratches tonight"?
I don't follow the AHL....I'm just posting what was mentioned in the Hall trade threads. Some of the Panthers fans were surprised who the healthy scratches were.....Borgstrom and Heponiemi
Two rookie forwards, neither one with remarkable stats nor has either one played in close to all of Springfield's games this season. Maybe a wisp of smoke, but no discernible fire. Panthers fans need a more substantive delusion.

BlueinNy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am Has anyone heard anymore about the Montgomery situation in Dallas?
I don’t know but if you read something....don’t post it here until you get approval from JMC-STL

"Suck a dick Johansen"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:34 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:29 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am Has anyone heard anymore about the Montgomery situation in Dallas?
I don’t know but if you read something....don’t post it here until you get approval from JMC-STL
and-the-test-19o945.jpg

LOL!
:lol: :) :evil:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:21 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 pm On Sportsnet they said that Arizona had the first official offer on Hall, and that the Devils have been trying to get a better one ever since. They also said it didn't involve their top 2 prospects and that the Devils are not giving teams permission to talk extension. That means it's going to be a rental for whoever wins the bidding.
That's kind of silly on the Devil's part. They could get a lot more if he signs an extension.
My take is it's probably a given that he's going to free agency no matter what. No need to slow down trade talks.

BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:36 pm With a win tonight, MAF will tie Cujo for 6th place.
My guess is that he winds up top 3 of all time in wins, if not 1st. Love Flower but obviously those win totals are massively increased by having no ties throughout basically his whole career. He's HOF worthy with his cups and win totals but it will feel weird for him to get in.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 am
He was cut, stayed with the team until Sunday to get his signing bonus, then bolted.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/why- ... from-here/

Real question is... does anyone think ANY team will give him a 1yr low $$$ shot nearing the playoffs?

Or is he doomed to be KHL fodder?

I'd pick KHL bc I've never thought Kovy wanted to play for the cup just the dollars - BUT I dont know him personally so...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 pm
He was cut, stayed with the team until Sunday to get his signing bonus, then bolted.

Real question is... does anyone think ANY team will give him a 1yr low $$$ shot nearing the playoffs?

I'd pick KHL bc I've never thought Kovy wanted to play for the cup just the dollars - BUT I dont know him personally so...
I don't know what happened in LA, but his teammates in NJ absolutely praised him. He was dominant in their run to the Cup Final in 2012.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 pm

I don't know what happened in LA, but his teammates in NJ absolutely praised him. He was dominant in their run to the Cup Final in 2012.
I dont know what happened in NJ either... He had 12yrs left on his contract and retired to play in the KHL
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Strong title defense so far. How about those Islanders? They're proving last year wasn't a fluke. Also surprised to see the Jets in the top 10, but Hellebuyck returning to form has been exactly what they needed with that depleted D corp. Didn't see Philly getting this good, but they've been on the cusp for a couple years, and finally have a full season of solid goaltending.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am

Strong title defense so far. How about those Islanders? They're proving last year wasn't a fluke. Also surprised to see the Jets in the top 10, but Hellebuyck returning to form has been exactly what they needed with that depleted D corp. Didn't see Philly getting this good, but they've been on the cusp for a couple years, and finally have a full season of solid goaltending.
Yeah, Philly and Pitt hanging in there good. Media still thinks Tampa and Toronto will make playoffs but I don't think it's a lock. They'll have to do it within their division if they're going to make it. Buffalo and Montreal are going to have to falter and that very well could be the case but Florida is a player in that division too. Personally I think Tampa will grab a spot but Toronto will miss out.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am

They're now playing for their teammate Oskar Lindblom - diagnosed with a rare (but highly curable) cancer

https://people.com/sports/philadelphia- ... diagnosis/