Re: News and Games around the NHL

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting article about goaltending around the league here. Notes that Binnington is one of very few goalies on pace to play more than 60 games. Thought this chart was funny--Blues are in the "good starter, bad backup" quadrant

goalie_tandems201920.png

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/280 ... -correctly
This shows the capitals as "strong backup, poor starter" which is bunk.

Their backup (samsonov)...id feel more comfortable with halak or allen or brent johnson (now)he's BAD
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting article about goaltending around the league here. Notes that Binnington is one of very few goalies on pace to play more than 60 games. Thought this chart was funny--Blues are in the "good starter, bad backup" quadrant

goalie_tandems201920.png

Their backup (samsonov)...id feel more comfortable with halak or allen or brent johnson (now)he's BAD
To be fair, they're barely in that quadrant. They're pretty close to being in the "bad backup and starter" one.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm

goalie_tandems201920.png

Holtby had a very rough start to the year, but has found his footing. I'd imagine he'll end up moving them somewhere in the good starter area or close to it. Halak kicked ass as a backup last year in Boston for what it's worth.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:16 pm Canucks wearing retro’s tonight. Look awesome
They do look great...I still prefer the green and blue though. They just need to go back to their original logo. Maybe the skate logo on the green and blue's and they could have a hybrid jersey of both.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:16 pm Canucks wearing retro’s tonight. Look awesome
They do look great...I still prefer the green and blue though. They just need to go back to their original logo. Maybe the skate logo on the green and blue's and they could have a hybrid jersey of both.
Blue, green, yellow, black, orange jersey works for me.

That would define Vancouver.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm
g
haha...the skate logo would just be done in green and blue

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Kadri was the glue that held the Leafs together....I thought Sakic won that deal on day one and it’s looking worse every day for the Leafs.
I would imagine the Leafs will need a roster shakeup and a coaching change.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:46 am Kadri was the glue that held the Leafs together....I thought Sakic won that deal on day one and it’s looking worse every day for the Leafs.
That’s a complete fail given the Tavares contract. That’s on Shanahan.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:46 am Kadri was the glue that held the Leafs together....I thought Sakic won that deal on day one and it’s looking worse every day for the Leafs.
I liked that deal for both teams bust a little more for the Avs. The Leafs collapse is outstanding to watch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm
I liked that deal for both teams bust a little more for the Avs. The Leafs collapse is outstanding to watch.
Yeah, playoffs no lock in Toronto.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Was talking with Matty Ice at work this morning about those jerseys and we both said the only thing missing in that game was Pavel Bure. I think in today's open space style of play his speed might be even more prevalent.