Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:40 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 am Petro watch.

Yup, Petro's agent and Army have more to talk about. According to LeBrun, Poile gave Josi a full No Movement Clause, which I don't believe he's ever done except for Rinne. To be honest I don't know if this deal makes it more or less likely that Petro sticks around.
More likely, IMO....Josi getting just over 9 means that the range for Petro is probably between $8.5-$9. We don't have to worry about the $10M+ type deal of Doughty/Karlsson as comparisons

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:00 pm
Fock that russian bastard pulling that shit when my fantasy goalie had a damn shutout going and then a few minutes later he also scored the go ahead goal too. I automatically hate Svechnikov now....and will rip on him every chance I get.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

The Heat in the Bottom 9 of the standings: After seeing SJ losing huge tonight 5-1, made me wonder who will be the first head coaching and/or management casualty this season? I personally think Debaur is done in SJ. so here is my list, from hottest seat to sitting in safety:

1. Peter Deboer, SJ. What a train wreck. See ya dude.
2. Bruce Boudreau, Wild. Never thought he was that great of a coach, and this will be his last season in Minnesota. Perhaps more lizard type players would have helped him?
3. Jim Montgomery Dallas; they made some big moves bringing in leadership and experience, but was that needed? I wouldn't be surprised by both a GM and coaching move in Dallas if they continue to struggle this season.
4/5. Blashill or Hynes; both are in their fourth year as HC of their teams, the Redwings and Devils, and while both are rebuilding, I'd think that management would want to see them both at least competing for a wild card spot and not fighting for worst in the East (and entire NHL) as they are now with 7 and 6 points for their clubs.
6. Jeremy Colliton; 2nd season, and how they handle some of the veterans will be telling, especially if it causes a full on collapse (please!). But the Seabrook situation is interesting, and the longer he sits, and if Colliton starts making enemies of the older core, management will have to make either change to the old core, or the HC. We all know which one costs less...
7/8/9. DJ Smith Senators; David Quinn Rangers, and Todd McLellan Kings; just hired not going anywhere on a rebuilding teams

Your thoughts and/or predictions?

Edit: Good read i just saw about the Sharks...I love their misery, but the article rings true. He's not that good of a coach IMHO either

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/10/29 ... ort-leash/
Last edited by bradleygt89 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:05 pm
Fock that russian bastard pulling that shit when my fantasy goalie had a damn shutout going and then a few minutes later he also scored the go ahead goal too. I automatically hate Svechnikov now....and will rip on him every chance I get.
This aggression will not stand!!!
LMAO, I love it, he got my fantasy goalie the win :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Good on Svechnikov for pulling off that move but that goalie was sleeping on the play.

Sounds like you should just trade for him instead.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 am
Sounds like you should just trade for him instead.

Great goal by Svechnikov. I kind of like that Canes announcer, he's pretty good IMO. Hey hey, what do you say...............

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm The Heat in the Bottom 9 of the standings: After seeing SJ losing huge tonight 5-1, made me wonder who will be the first head coaching and/or management casualty this season? I personally think Debaur is done in SJ. so here is my list, from hottest seat to sitting in safety:

2. Bruce Boudreau, Wild. Never thought he was that great of a coach, and this will be his last season in Minnesota. Perhaps more lizard type players would have helped him?
3. Jim Montgomery Dallas; they made some big moves bringing in leadership and experience, but was that needed? I wouldn't be surprised by both a GM and coaching move in Dallas if they continue to struggle this season.
4/5. Blashill or Hynes; both are in their fourth year as HC of their teams, the Redwings and Devils, and while both are rebuilding, I'd think that management would want to see them both at least competing for a wild card spot and not fighting for worst in the East (and entire NHL) as they are now with 7 and 6 points for their clubs.
6. Jeremy Colliton; 2nd season, and how they handle some of the veterans will be telling, especially if it causes a full on collapse (please!). But the Seabrook situation is interesting, and the longer he sits, and if Colliton starts making enemies of the older core, management will have to make either change to the old core, or the HC. We all know which one costs less...
7/8/9. DJ Smith Senators; David Quinn Rangers, and Todd McLellan Kings; just hired not going anywhere on a rebuilding teams

Edit: Good read i just saw about the Sharks...I love their misery, but the article rings true. He's not that good of a coach IMHO either

Easily one of if not THE most over-rated coach in modern NHL. The offensive explosion of Ovechkin, (Alex) Semin, Backstrom, and (Mike) Green are the main reason this guy is touted as "successful".
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:55 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:49 pm Man I just can’t stand Forslund. I find him annoying as Fock...
Wow! I thought I was the only one. I don’t like his delivery and his canned phrases. I can guarantee you that whoever scores the first goal, he will say that they are “off and running.”
I know a lot of people love him so apparently we are in rare company.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:00 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm The Heat in the Bottom 9 of the standings: After seeing SJ losing huge tonight 5-1, made me wonder who will be the first head coaching and/or management casualty this season? I personally think Debaur is done in SJ. so here is my list, from hottest seat to sitting in safety:

Easily one of if not THE most over-rated coach in modern NHL. The offensive explosion of Ovechkin, (Alex) Semin, Backstrom, and (Mike) Green are the main reason this guy is touted as "successful".
Between Washington and Anaheim, Boudreau won his division 8 straight years besides the year management forced him to change his coaching philosphy 180 degrees because they ran into a remarkably hot goalie in the playoffs. He recorded back to back 100+ point seasons in Minnesota as the roster continued to rot. Boudreau has had talent, but he is a remarkably good coach that will have a job the instant he decides he wants one again if he gets canned by Minnesota.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:31 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Between Washington and Anaheim, Boudreau won his division 8 straight years besides the year management forced him to change his coaching philosphy 180 degrees because they ran into a remarkably hot goalie in the playoffs. He recorded back to back 100+ point seasons in Minnesota as the roster continued to rot. Boudreau has had talent, but he is a remarkably good coach that will have a job the instant he decides he wants one again if he gets canned by Minnesota.
He will definitely get hired again, no argument there.

The "hot goalie" argument i can't buy in to...the guy is a great regular season coach that allows players to pad their stats but when push comes to shove he is in over his head.

Nothing against him personally, but i hope for the blues' sake he stays in the central division bc thats always 1 less opponent we have to worry about come playoff time.
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou