Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:17 pm I remember seeing it suggested that Pastrnak would be a fair return for Shattenkirk a few years ago.

Nothing fair about that goal.
Just think if we drafted Pasta instead of Fabbi. And he’s already Blue material at a currently bargain priced contract too.
His next contract wont be so team friendly, unless I totally miss the mark.

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:17 pm I remember seeing it suggested that Pastrnak would be a fair return for Shattenkirk a few years ago.

Nothing fair about that goal.
Just think if we drafted Pasta instead of Fabbi. And he’s already Blue material at a currently bargain priced contract too.
His next contract wont be so team friendly, unless I totally miss the mark.
Yeah I agree. Plus by the time his current deal ends, Chara will have retired and Bergeron/Marchand will either have retired or be playing at a lower level than they are now. If I'm him I'm hitting the market. I do like chowder though.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:40 amYeah I agree. Plus by the time his current deal ends, Chara will have retired and Bergeron/Marchand will either have retired or be playing at a lower level than they are now. If I'm him I'm hitting the market. I do like chowder though.
Pastrnak is in Year 3 of a 6-year extension. Seattle has some pretty darn good chowder houses, too. Just sayin'.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:40 amYeah I agree. Plus by the time his current deal ends, Chara will have retired and Bergeron/Marchand will either have retired or be playing at a lower level than they are now. If I'm him I'm hitting the market. I do like chowder though.
Pastrnak is in Year 3 of a 6-year extension. Seattle has some pretty darn good chowder houses, too. Just sayin'.
A sneaky reason why I'm glad we won game 7 last year is that now I can watch Bruins games/highlights and just enjoy them rather than being pissed off no matter how great they are.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:24 am
A sneaky reason why I'm glad we won game 7 last year is that now I can watch Bruins games/highlights and just enjoy them rather than being pissed off no matter how great they are.
We own those bitches.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 am
We own those bitches.
Saturday Night will be all right for fighting :twisted:
gettyimages-1152631542.jpg gettyimages-1152631542.jpg Viewed 12448 times 26.66 KiB
PS; is it just me, or has Steen really embraced his role over the past couple seasons as a shit disturber and agitator? I know some want him gone, but I love his attitude and play. He ain't scared, that for damn sure!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

T.C. wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:26 am if there's one thing she can find with a solid rubber object, it's a hole.
thats a she?

not trying to come off sexist, but the short hair and named "king" and "billie" (both male names) definitely threw me for a loop...

(now trying to sound sexist)

I guess the tennis player should've given it away...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:43 am

We own those bitches.

gettyimages-1152631542.jpg

PS; is it just me, or has Steen really embraced his role over the past couple seasons as a shit disturber and agitator? I know some want him gone, but I love his attitude and play. He ain't scared, that for damn sure!
I'm still a Steen fan. May not score as much as he once did, but he finds a way to contribute

barnburner wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:23 pm

We own those bitches.

I'm still a Steen fan. May not score as much as he once did, but he finds a way to contribute
Once you get over the fact that he's overpaid you realize he's a very useful player for this team. He probably had to adjust his own expectations as well. Him graciously moving to the 4th line last year was incredibly important. I'm sure a lot of veterans would've bitched to the point that it hurt the room.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:15 am

Once you get over the fact that he's overpaid you realize he's a very useful player for this team. He probably had to adjust his own expectations as well. Him graciously moving to the 4th line last year was incredibly important. I'm sure a lot of veterans would've bitched to the point that it hurt the room.
But why does someone have to forget that part? I think it's a major part of his story right now. He's useful, but he's taking up a lot of cap space for a "useful" guy. Nearly 6 million a year for a player who will be fortunate to hit double digit goals.

I'm not going to toot the guys horn because he didn't cry publicly about his skills being recognized during his demotion.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:18 am

But why does someone have to forget that part? I think it's a major part of his story right now. He's useful, but he's taking up a lot of cap space for a "useful" guy. Nearly 6 million a year for a player who will be fortunate to hit double digit goals.

I'm not going to toot the guys horn because he didn't cry publicly about his skills being recognized during his demotion.
You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's a sunk cost at this point and he has a full no trade clause. He's going to be on the team this year and next no matter what. Should we expect veteran players to handle demotions in the same way? Absolutely, but that's not what always happens. It's clear it wasn't a good value contract. It's also clear he's still a useful player.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:48 am

You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's a sunk cost at this point and he has a full no trade clause. He's going to be on the team this year and next no matter what. Should we expect veteran players to handle demotions in the same way? Absolutely, but that's not what always happens. It's clear it wasn't a good value contract. It's also clear he's still a useful player.
STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

I won't have that tone. Go to your room, Westley.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

I won't have that tone. Go to your room, Westley.
You're not my real father, Dave! *slams bedroom door*