Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:03 am I guess I should clarify the ‘news’ part of this thread haha.

Anyway, this isn’t other forums. No ones post are being deleted or censored. We’re more friends talking hockey and busting balls than we are random strangers shouting at each other. I don’t think anything has ever been said that’s meant to be personal.
I can't get on board with this. Every time I point out a factual error or difference from my (correct) opinion, I want it to haunt that poster for at least a few days.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:47 am I agree with TC on this one. While the thread was fine at the time of locking, eventually it would have gone into straight political talk, with some people arguing that the Blues were just going because tradition/its what you do/its not an endorsement, others arguing that going is an implicit endorsement, then someone saying something like "glad the Blues endorse the slaughter of the Kurds"

^I know this because this is the type of shit being said under every tweet about the Blues going to the White House. I personally think stopping that thread before it gets overly political is a good thing. We all have different political views (probably) but our love for the Blues and hockey is what unites us and is what makes this place great, lets keep it that way and not let politics cause us to be divided and stuff that isn't whether Alex Pietrangelo is amazing or is hot garbage.
I've seen some absolutely maniacal takes on this topic in other venues and it's sickening. I just want to discuss our game and get along. It would have devolved.

Time to waive Fabbri and bring up Klim.

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:13 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 pm Turris with 2 goals tonight, 3 on year. If he regains scoring touch, Preds will be a much improved team compared to last years plummet.
Must be nice when you win the division in a plummet year.
They had a very bad 2nd half, which the Jets did as well. They didn't win the division, it just fell in their laps. I believe Grimaldi might of led their team in goals in the 1st rd. That's a plummet.
I'd call it more of a dip. :)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:12 am How is it any different then then ripping on Petro or Allen or whoever the favorite whipping boy of the month is. It’s all just for discussion
Truth.

Also, for what's it worth, and I know you said you didn't feel anyone was ganging up on anyone, but to be clear, that was not my intention either if it was perceived that way by anyone. I get extra passionate about a few topics: my family, my favorite hockey team, and unfortunately politics...it's just a bad habit that I know I get sucked into. However, it wasn't personal and even though I've always known that you (Tim and some others here) and I are on opposing ends of the political spectrum on many issues, I respect the hell out of you and everyone else here as a person and a fan, and I believe that you know that and don't take my political POV personal or as an attack.

However, I will be watching out for Dave's responses back to me from now on....

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:40 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:12 am How is it any different then then ripping on Petro or Allen or whoever the favorite whipping boy of the month is. It’s all just for discussion
Truth.

Also, for what's it worth, and I know you said you didn't feel anyone was ganging up on anyone, but to be clear, that was not my intention either if it was perceived that way by anyone. I get extra passionate about a few topics: my family, my favorite hockey team, and unfortunately politics...it's just a bad habit that I know I get sucked into. However, it wasn't personal and even though I've always known that you (Tim and some others here) and I are on opposing ends of the political spectrum on many issues, I respect the hell out of you and everyone else here as a person and a fan, and I believe that you know that and don't take my political POV personal or as an attack.

However, I will be watching out for Dave's responses back to me from now on....

Let's GO BLUES!!!
Agree...and I don’t take anything personal on the message boards. I...like everybody else just like good discussion regarding hockey or things related to our team.
The forum is best when you can express your thoughts and feelings no matter the topic.....it doesn’t work when one can’t do that no matter what their view might be.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:18 pm Damn, Jersey winless thru 6 games. Didn’t realize that.
Dallas losing to Columbus right now. Something tells me they won’t wait long to make a big change with that roster if they continue to lose.
New Jersey though....really frustrating as hell. They should be much better. I think a coaching change could be coming.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:18 pm Damn, Jersey winless thru 6 games. Didn’t realize that.
Dallas losing to Columbus right now. Something tells me they won’t wait long to make a big change with that roster if they continue to lose.
New Jersey though....really frustrating as hell. They should be much better. I think a coaching change could be coming.
Dallas going in tonight is 1-5-1, and the last time they started like that was 90-91 when they made the Cup - ha. They aren’t getting the same goaltending but they aren’t scoring either. 13 goals in 7 games.

You’re right, Jersey should copy Blues and bring in a new coach. They should be a playoff team.

Look at this post from BrettHullsToe over at the Stars hfboard forum......LOL....boy does that sound very familiar.

If firing the coach didn't work the first two times with this core, why would it work now? The three assistants are all former head coaches as well.
At this point if things don't improve, it's time to accept that the core is flawed and start moving out vets for whatever return is available.

BrettHullsToe, Sunday at 10:25 AMReportBookmark10Like+ Multi-QuoteReply

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm Look at this post from BrettHullsToe over at the Stars hfboard forum......LOL....boy does that sound very familiar.

If firing the coach didn't work the first two times with this core, why would it work now? The three assistants are all former head coaches as well.
At this point if things don't improve, it's time to accept that the core is flawed and start moving out vets for whatever return is available.

Armstrong got rid of the dead weight and we managed to get a Conn Smythe winner out of it.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm Look at this post from BrettHullsToe over at the Stars hfboard forum......LOL....boy does that sound very familiar.

They should work out a trade with Minnesota and get a Zuccarello back. He was a fit over there.

I mean what do you do? Do you stick it out with Benn and Seguin and tinker some or just say the heck with it and ship them out?