Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Capitals - 10/2 7:00pm - TV: NBCSN - Radio:101.1

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 am Tom Wilson and Radko Gudas! Bortz is gonna have his hands full tonight.
That might be one area we need to upgrade by the deadline.
Can't lie, this was one of the first thoughts I had in looking over the rosters. Imagine when Borts is out for Gunnar.

The Blues showed in the playoffs, if you want to play the physical game, they can match you and up you on it. But, without Maroon, they don't really have that guy that is going to be willing to drop the gloves against these other guys, especially guys that are known to take cheap shots. We'll see how it plays out.
Just a Russian propaganda account

big d note wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:19 am On that topic, what is Thorburn's status? Is he a FA or back in San Antonio or somewhere else?
Unsigned. I doubt he gets a job on the ice at this point though. But, he seemed to be one of, if not the most liked guy in the locker room. I could definitely see him taking on some kind of role with the team, if he decides to. He's made over 10 million in his career for himself.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:49 am Are the Blues going to the White House?
Only if they bring some dirt....

:)

Anyway, speaking of the WH, we do have a tough Russian on the roster in Ivan the Terrible. Schenn, SunnyD, Bortz, and Blais have also thrown down before.

But one thing to remember is that even though we had among the lowest number of fighting majors last season, this team was also fearless and played freaking tough. I think they know they can lay out more punishment with a huge semi-legal check than by pounding on someone's helmet and pads with their fists. Punish the fuck out of them during play...and a couple seconds afterwards. :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:49 am Are the Blues going to the White House?
Only if they bring some cash, and agree to stay in the Trump Hotel....

:)

Anyway, speaking of the WH, we do have a tough Russian on the roster in Ivan the Terrible. Schenn, SunnyD, Bortz, and Blais have also thrown down before.

But one thing to remember is that even though we had among the lowest number of fighting majors last season, this team was also fearless and played freaking tough. I think they know they can lay out more punishment with a huge semi-legal check than by pounding on someone's helmet and pads with their fists. Punish the fuck out of them during play...and a couple seconds afterwards. :twisted:
FIFY