Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Capitals - 10/2 7:00pm - TV: NBCSN - Radio:101.1

Crazy how the start of the season snuck up on me.

Regardless, very excited about having hockey back.

One of the things I’m curious about is how I’m going to react differently now that I’ve won the cup. I used to get so pissed after losses in the playoffs and I really think it was largely due to the “will they ever win the cup?” thought, so I’m pretty sure I’ll handle losses better from now on lol

Just a reminder, no limit to the number of challenges, but first wrong challenge, 2 minutes, delay of game. After that, 4 minutes.

ETA:
EXPANSION OF COACH'S CHALLENGE

NEW CATEGORY: In addition to Coach's Challenge for "Off-side" and "Interference on the Goalkeeper", a third category will allow for the Coach's Challenge of goal calls on the ice that follow plays in the Offensive Zone that should have resulted in a play stoppage, but did not.

This change will allow Challenges of plays that may involve pucks that hit the spectator netting, pucks that are high-sticked to a teammate in the offensive zone, pucks that have gone out of play but are subsequently touched in the offensive zone and hand passes that precede without a play stoppage and ultimately conclude in the scoring of a goal. Plays that entail "discretionary stoppages" (e.g. penalty calls) will not be subject to a Coach's Challenge.

Coach's Challenges for these types of plays (and for "Off-Side" Challenges) will only be available if the puck does not come out of the attacking zone between the time of the "missed" infraction and the time the goal is scored.

PENALTIES FOR UNSUCCESSFUL CHALLENGES: The number of Coach's Challenges that can be made will no longer be limited based on the availability of a team's time-out. Teams will be permitted to exercise a Coach's Challenge at any time, but with escalating "consequences" for unsuccessful Challenges. The consequences of unsuccessful Coach's Challenges will be made consistent across all three Categories of Coach's Challenges: (1) minor penalty for Delaying the Game on a Club's first unsuccessful Coach's Challenge; and (2) double minor penalty for Delaying the Game for each additional Coach's Challenge that is unsuccessful.

The Situation Room in Toronto will continue to be responsible for initiating video review in the final minute of regulation time and overtime as well as continue to have final authority over all Coach's Challenge video review decisions with input and consultation from both the On-Ice Officials and a former Official staffed in the Situation Room.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Petro might just be off the charts this season so he can demand HUGE money if he wants to. Nice goal.

ETA: Wouldn't rule out being in the Norris talk, as well. He really could cash in if he wants to leave for a bigger paycheck.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!