Your playoff teams for the 2019-20 season

Western Conf

Central
1 - Colorado - Tough call but I'm going to give the Avalanche a slight edge because of Nate Mack.
2 - Dallas - I like their depth and I think the addition of Joey Pavs. Good team, with some real good young players still developing. I like Roope Hintz and Miro Heiskanen....both should take the next step
3 - St. Louis - Even though I have them 3rd, i doubt more than 5pts is the difference between 1st and 3rd. i do believe there will some Stanley Cup hangover before we really get going by December.

Pacific
1 - Vegas - They are clearly on a mission and they get full seasons from Patches and Stone.
2 - Calgary - Only question is their goaltending holding up but they loaded.
3 - Arizona - Coyotes finally get it done and beat out San Jose for 3rd place.

Wildcard teams
San Jose - Still to much firepower but I think they take a step back in the regular season.
Chicago - Basically it comes down to the Hawks and Preds for that last spot. I like the Hawks firepower upfront more than I like the Preds.

Eastern Conf

Atlantic
1- Toronto - This is their shot, their first goal should be to win the division and avoid Tampa or Boston in the first round, I think their offense will be unstoppable and I think their defense is slightly better. Matthews has to stay healthy if they are to accomplish a division title.
2- Tampa - Roster is much the same but I wonder if maybe they take a team approach and change things up just a little bit. Not sure they really played for each other last year and that hurt them in the playoffs.
3 - Florida - Coach Q brings stability and accountability to the Panthers. The talent is there, they just needed new direction.

Metropolitan
1 - Washington - Still the creme of the crop in this division.
2 - NY Islanders - This is all about the Trotz factor.
3 - Philadelphia - Vigneault is the coach that can come in and get them over the hurdle.

Wildcard teams
New Jersey - I think the Devils have done enough to be in the fight for the wildcard and if Hughes stays healthy, I believe he's the difference in locking up a spot.
Boston - Last spot comes down to Boston or Carolina and there is just something about Carolina that I just don't believe in....just not a believer, that defense is legit but I think their forwards are very overrated. Boston claims it with depth and goaltending. The beautiful thing here, the Leafs win the division to avoid Boston and they still get Boston in the first round.

Teams that I'm writing off this year...and believe me this is totally personal but I'm just sick of them, so fuck'em!
Nashville
Pittsburgh
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Your playoff teams for the 2019-20 season

West
Central
1. Blues
2. Nashville
3. Dallas

Pacific
1. Vegas
2. San Jose
3. Calgary

Wild Card
Colorado
Vancouver

Notes:
Jets are toast. Vancouver the big surprise with a healthy Pettersson all year and a big more jump provided by Quinn Hughes. Chicago is annoyingly good but just misses out.

East
Metro
Washington
Carolina
Islanders

Atlantic
Tampa
Toronto
Boston

Wild Cards
Florida
Pittsburgh

Notes
Pens just squeak in on last day. Carolina is all about how good their goaltending. If it's good they might challenge the Caps. Detroit gives Ottawa everything it can handle in the race to the bottom. Too close to call at this point.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 am Western Conf

Central
1 - Colorado - Tough call but I'm going to give the Avalanche a slight edge because of Nate Mack.
2 - Dallas - I like their depth and I think the addition of Joey Pavs. Good team, with some real good young players still developing. I like Roope Hintz and Miro Heiskanen....both should take the next step
3 - St. Louis - Even though I have them 3rd, i doubt more than 5pts is the difference between 1st and 3rd. i do believe there will some Stanley Cup hangover before we really get going by December.

Pacific
1 - Vegas - They are clearly on a mission and they get full seasons from Patches and Stone.

Wildcard teams
San Jose - Still to much firepower but I think they take a step back in the regular season.
Chicago - Basically it comes down to the Hawks and Preds for that last spot. I like the Hawks firepower upfront more than I like the Preds.

Eastern Conf

Atlantic
1- Toronto - This is their shot, their first goal should be to win the division and avoid Tampa or Boston in the first round, I think their offense will be unstoppable and I think their defense is slightly better. Matthews has to stay healthy if they are to accomplish a division title.
2- Tampa - Roster is much the same but I wonder if maybe they take a team approach and change things up just a little bit. Not sure they really played for each other last year and that hurt them in the playoffs.
3 - Florida - Coach Q brings stability and accountability to the Panthers. The talent is there, they just needed new direction.

Metropolitan
3 - Philadelphia - Vigneault is the coach that can come in and get them over the hurdle.

Wildcard teams
New Jersey - I think the Devils have done enough to be in the fight for the wildcard and if Hughes stays healthy, I believe he's the difference in locking up a spot.
Boston - Last spot comes down to Boston or Carolina and there is just something about Carolina that I just don't believe in....just not a believer, that defense is legit but I think their forwards are very overrated. Boston claims it with depth and goaltending. The beautiful thing here, the Leafs win the division to avoid Boston and they still get Boston in the first round.

Teams that I'm writing off this year...and believe me this is totally personal but I'm just sick of them, so fuck'em!
Nashville
Pittsburgh

I like your picks in the West. But instead of San Jose, I will go with a surprise pick and take the Minnesota Wild to reemerge back in the playoffs. Dumba coming back will be huge and I look for Fiala and Donato to breakout this year. Zuccarello will pay dividends for them. If Karlsson doesn't have a healthy season, it will hurt San Jose big.

Hawks defense is a concern but you're right, they are loaded up front. I'll stick with them to make it as well.

In the East, I'll just go on a hunch here and say Florida disappoints and doesn't make it. I'll go with Montreal to make it instead.

And I'll stick with Pittsburgh to stay in the field instead of inserting Philly instead. Can't write off Penguins yet.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:01 pm West
Central
1. Blues
2. Nashville
3. Dallas

Pacific
1. Vegas
2. San Jose
3. Calgary

Wild Card
Colorado
Vancouver

Notes:
Jets are toast. Vancouver the big surprise with a healthy Pettersson all year and a big more jump provided by Quinn Hughes. Chicago is annoyingly good but just misses out.

East
Metro
Washington
Carolina
Islanders

Atlantic
Tampa
Toronto
Boston

Wild Cards
Florida
Pittsburgh

Notes
Pens just squeak in on last day. Carolina is all about how good their goaltending. If it's good they might challenge the Caps. Detroit gives Ottawa everything it can handle in the race to the bottom. Too close to call at this point.
Yeah, I wanted to take Vancouver too, but health (Boeser and Petterson) and depth are issues. Ferland and JT Miller are nice pick ups. Hughes is going to be awesome. IF Petterson and Boeser stay healthy, then yeah, they might grab a spot.

39hurricane wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:21 pm Colorado is going to be hurt a lot more than folks expect with the loss of Barrie. Rantanen is gonig to take the season off with his big paycheck. Nathan MacKinnon is going to get real tired of carrying an entire hockey team year after year.

Arizona? Playoffs? Easy on the sauce there buddy.
I like Barrie a lot, but Colorado has Makar to slide into that spot.

Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:53 pm
39hurricane wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:21 pm Colorado is going to be hurt a lot more than folks expect with the loss of Barrie. Rantanen is gonig to take the season off with his big paycheck. Nathan MacKinnon is going to get real tired of carrying an entire hockey team year after year.

Arizona? Playoffs? Easy on the sauce there buddy.
I like Barrie a lot, but Colorado has Makar to slide into that spot.
Not to mention Kadri is exactly what they were missing

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 am Western Conf

Central

Pacific

Wildcard teams

Eastern Conf

Atlantic

Metropolitan

Wildcard teams

Nashville
Pittsburgh
If Arizona gets in the Pacific's top 3, I think they're more likely to edge out Calgary than San Jose. The main reason for that is goaltending in my opinion. I don't think it's even possible for the Sharks to get worse goaltending than they did last year from Jones. Sure he's still the man there, but if he even posts a .905 save % it'll be a significant step up. Conversely I feel like the Flames goalies overperformed last year. Be that as it may, I'm not sure Arizona gets over the top, though I had a hard time settling on a second wild card team. Arizona could grab that if Kessel stays engaged all year.

I'll be "that guy".

We will be a wild card as we caught lightning in a bottle last year. We won't replicate that.

Our PP will still struggle and binner will be above average but not the super elite he was last year.

Teams will be out for our blood and wont go easy on us. I see us more like the kings from their run.

(Readies for the blasting responses)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:17 pm I'll be "that guy".

We will be a wild card as we caught lightning in a bottle last year. We won't replicate that.

Our PP will still struggle and binner will be above average but not the super elite he was last year.

Teams will be out for our blood and wont go easy on us. I see us more like the kings from their run.

I don't think anything you said is unreasonable. Having said that....GO TO HELL, TRAITOR!! :lol:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:17 pm I'll be "that guy".

I see us more like the kings from their run.

You never know, they might be like the Kings where they win it again 2 years later. Remember, Binnington will be on his contract year that year.

West:
Central

1. Colorado
2. St. Louis
3. Nashville

Pacific

1. Calgary
2. San Jose
3. Vancouver

Wild Cards

1. Dallas
2. Chicago

East:

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
2. Boston
3. Toronto

Metro

1. Washington
2. Philadelphia
3. Pittsburgh

Wild Cards

1. Florida
2. Carolina

Winnipeg misses the playoffs, Vancouver surprises, and no NY area teams make the playoffs.

I don't get a lot of the big love for Colorado. They are still a two line team, they have good young D that can move the puck but still haven't actually proven that they can defend, and I'm just not sold on Grubauer as a #1 goalie. I think they'll be in the mix for the playoffs, but I see a lot of people (here and in other places) predicting them to win what might be the best division in hockey (top to bottom) and I just don't see it. They may be scary good in 2-3 years, but I don't think they're there yet.

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am I don't get a lot of the big love for Colorado. They are still a two line team, they have good young D that can move the puck but still haven't actually proven that they can defend, and I'm just not sold on Grubauer as a #1 goalie. I think they'll be in the mix for the playoffs, but I see a lot of people (here and in other places) predicting them to win what might be the best division in hockey (top to bottom) and I just don't see it. They may be scary good in 2-3 years, but I don't think they're there yet.
Yeah, I don't think Grubauer has even played 40 games in a season. Anybody who drafted him as their No. 1 goalie could be in trouble.

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am I don't get a lot of the big love for Colorado. They are still a two line team, they have good young D that can move the puck but still haven't actually proven that they can defend, and I'm just not sold on Grubauer as a #1 goalie. I think they'll be in the mix for the playoffs, but I see a lot of people (here and in other places) predicting them to win what might be the best division in hockey (top to bottom) and I just don't see it. They may be scary good in 2-3 years, but I don't think they're there yet.
I'm right there with you. I think they grab a wild card, but the depth just isn't there and Grubauer is too streaky for my liking. Plus that D Corps can move the puck like crazy, but how many of them do you trust in big minutes protecting a one goal lead?

I’m just giving Colorado the nod for the division based on the Blues Stanley cup hangover and Dallas will have mid season slump. Nate Mack is the reason I give them the edge but their depth upfront is much much better. Kadri is huge get for them plus they added Donskoi.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:56 pm
storey13 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:53 pm Mike Rupp from NHL network predicts the Blues will miss the playoffs. I find that ridiculous.
Just curious, what is his logic for that prediction?
I didn't see the segment, but I'll take a guess at how anyone might arrive at that situation. Combination of general Stanley Cup hangover, not trusting what they saw with Binnington, loving the summer hype machines for Colorado and Dallas, still believing in Nashville, and not reading anything that's happened in Winnepeg since April.

Whatever. Show it to the boys. A little bulletin board material never hurt.

Central

1. St. Louis
2. Dallas
3. Nashville

Pacific

1. Vegas
2. Calgary
3. San Jose

Wild Cards

1. Arizona
2. Colorado

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
2. Montreal
3. Toronto

Metro

1. Washington
2. NYI
3. Pittsburgh

Wild Cards

1. Detroit
2. Carolina

I don't believe in all the hype on the Avs, just don't like their D or goalie; Detroit, Panthers, and yotes are my surprise teams to make the playoffs. The key thing for all three will be goaltending, and while Bob in Florida should make a difference, we'll see how well he does under Q and with that D.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BluesSK wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:56 pm
storey13 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:53 pm Mike Rupp from NHL network predicts the Blues will miss the playoffs. I find that ridiculous.
Just curious, what is his logic for that prediction?
Rupp was Yeo’s boy when he played in Minnesota. Remember that head shot Rupp delivered to Oshie several years ago? That was direct orders from Yeo.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I was real close to having Vancouver as a wildcard but I still think they are a year away. The NHL is a better league when the Canucks are relevant. I will be watching a lot of their games this year for sure. Love their new alternate jersey as well.

"Suck a dick Johansen"