Re: "Making Cocoa: The Grant Fuhr Story"

Mrs. JMC 'n' me ducked outta the cold sprinkles early this afternoon to see this movie @ Marcus Theatres-Des Peres. We were the only two customers in the theater (not surprisingly). It's a short run-time (1h 30m) and very fast paced documentary. Interviews with a couple dozen former teammates (with #99 getting the most footage but including Prongs, Hullie, Mac and Chaser), opponents, management, and business managers sprinkled among lots of practice & game & news footage from Fuhr's playing days. Some happy stuff, some sad stuff, but we were both entertained throughout. I'd recommend seeing this documentary for any NHL hockey fan who was born prior to & old enough to be engaged in the sport during the 1980s. Younger audiences may enjoy the old footage, but I wouldn't think most would connect with the storyline & the era & the people being interviewed like us old farts.

One important caveat to my recommendation to see this film: If The JMCs had an existing media streaming service subscription and two plush recliners at home, I would've skipped paying $9 each (with tax) to see "Making Coco" & waited for it to hit Amazon or Netflix or whatever. It wasn't a bad way to spend two hours (ads & previews included), but home viewing would've been a better choice for this sort of film IMO.

P.S. - I found this still image from the film producers particularly cool ...