Re: Trade alert! Faulk now a Blue - Good Bye Edmundson and Bokk

storey13 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:01 pm If we somehow keep Petro, Parayko, Dunn, and Faulk, then we will have an issue at the expansion draft.
Not at all. Actually, it's quite possible that the Expansion Draft is part of the endgame for Army.

I think that part about Ron Francis a key point. He's obviously familiar with Faulk, & could be really interested in bringing him on board to in a leadership role, to go with his skills.

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

Doug Armstrong is some kind of wizard. Were going to be under the cap and he added a very good player. Unbelievable.

As far as Petro goes. I am fine either way. Trade him if he wont take the same 6.5 Faulk just took. It is completely acceptable for the Blues and Armstrong to say hey Petro, 'You want to be a Blue for life? You want to play for the Cup champs? You want 7 more years at 6.5? You want to be captain for the rest of your career?'

If not, I'll take or Marner.

Realistically we can make it work. Trade Schenn and Bortz at the deadline. Trade Allen at the draft. Retire Bouw and Steen. That's plenty of cash to make it all work.

Thinking about this more...does this spell the end for Schenn, moreso than Petro? We know Army likes to build teams around defense. While Faulk is good, he isn't as good as Petro, so its not like he's a like for like replacement. If Thomas has a good year, he could easily move to C and potentially seamlessly replace Schenn. Kostin, Kyrou, Blais, Sanford etc all are young kids who can play Thomas' current wing spot on the third line.

Or even--its possible we dump some guys on the last years of their deal--Bozak, Steen, Allen, etc, who are essentially dead money, to find space to re-sign both Schenn and Petro.

After looking at the Sharks page on CapFriendly I think there's a way to make this all work. Sharks have three defensemen making over $7M. As of right now, the Blues have 0. They'll still have 0 when Faulk's extension kicks in--unless/until Petro is re-signed.

I'd say if you can get Petro for $9M you do it. Anything more you let him walk.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:22 pmDang, I thought the Blues traded for this guy. I guess Jake's backup job remains secure.
Didn't Marshall Faulk play for The St. Louis Rams in a previous life? :mrgreen:
Don't bother me with St. Louis sports trivia right now, Robb. I'm still trying to wrap my head around a dude who plays "Position: Forward" who took his profile picture wearing goalie equipment. :?

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 am This trade is absolutely bonkers. We traded a decent prospect, our 6th/7th defenseman, and a 7th for top-4 defenseman who is great on the PP and a 5th. Just looking at the trade in a vacuum, what a great freaking trade by Army.
Yeah, losing a good prospect is the only real loss that might hurt, but time will tell there. It's going to be very interesting to see how all the 5 on 5 ice time is divided on the back end. Do they stick strictly with the righties on the right, lefties on the left, or do they move somebody to their off-side. Fun season ahead of us.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 am This trade is absolutely bonkers. We traded a decent prospect, our 6th/7th defenseman, and a 7th for top-4 defenseman who is great on the PP and a 5th. Just looking at the trade in a vacuum, what a great freaking trade by Army.
There is always the chance Eddy rebounds from last season. Heading into last season, we were all super high on him and considered him the Blues best LH D-man.
Just a Russian propaganda account